Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Korn

Started by Moz La Punk, Feb 22, 2006, 10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawg

new record 3/10
I wonder how they don't see how shitty they have become! and how the hell do they want to do those songs live?!

but the new video is cool...has a cool theme!
[youtube=425,350]yk1UE2xb37s[/youtube]

lostpilot

3/10, again.

on the other hand, i was quite impressed by two songs, but they can't raise the level of this horrible shit.

theis

so, i figured i'd give the album fair chance.

now that i have listened to it, i'm amazed that they actually succeeded in making an album worse than 'see you on the other side'.

this is just pure rubbish. all the songs sound the same, jonathan davis sounds like marilyn manson and wtf is up with the electro'ish sound they're trying to make? only decent song is 'evolution' (cool video btw).

guys, just give up.

1/5

yoda on mars

video is cool

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Here is the album

http://rapidshare.com/files/44051268/KU-2007-MST.rar.html

Enjoy it for the ones that like this band.
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

skinnypuppy

honestly, was anyone expecting this album to be good?

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

I've listened to 3 songs and I erase it because it sounds like pop metal .
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

tommiw

Haha what's up with this "korn is pop" "korn is dead because head left"  it almost sounds like all the shit i see in blabbermouth

But yeah i agree on some things you are saying, korn just isn't the same korn they used to be.
But why the hell do you guys have to be so childish with your comments? Makes me miserable to see that from deftones fans. I hope the tones fanbase isn't turning to be the new Tool and their elite crap
If you don't like it, then just let it go and listen to the old cd's if that makes you feel better.

By the way, it's kind of hypocritical thing to say that korn isn't metal and are pop now, because to my point of view, that's what happened with deftones. But I don't care, as long as they keep making music that i consider good, both korn and deftones.

ignore the fashion

this is proof why korn suck now...

In a recent interview, Korn's frontman Jonathan Davis said that there are 18 tracks ready for the next album, all of which were written in a month.

fucking take some time to write the songs and they won't all sound like trash

xkwox

at least david will be back with the next album. The drumming sucks

xkwox

hold on & killing are the only songs I like, and i think certain parts ruin the song

ignore the fashion

Quote from: xkwox on Jul 22, 2007, 04:33 AM

the whole thing sucks.

fireflyry

Quote from: tommiw on Jul 21, 2007, 07:29 PM
Haha what's up with this "korn is pop" "korn is dead because head left"  it almost sounds like all the shit i see in blabbermouth

Because it's obvious Head was the main talent in the band, anyone who was into Korn realizes he was the main song-writer and the quality of their music since his departure reflects as much.

Personally I don't think he was really that motivated on any of their work post Life is Peachy.

Anyway to appreciate that their music has gone slowly backwards is natural as is commenting on the obvious.It's far from being elitest to state as much, it's actually being realistic and to have a thread on ANY band on ANY forum and expect every poster to agree that said band is great is just being ignorant.

I used to be a fan of Korn but their music now is rushed, boring and completely uninspired.Even Chino has commented that Korn rush their albums and have taken the path of quantity releases as opposed to quality.

It's neither rocket science or childish to point out something so blatantly obvious and to make the statement "if you don't like it just listen to their old shit" does nothing but kill discussion.

It's a music forum.....it's exists purely for that reason.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

dawg

anyone got head's book "Save Me from Myself: How I Found God, Quit Korn, Kicked Drugs, and Lived to Tell My Story"?

I ordered it looking forward to read it because as you all said korn ain't shit without him!

tommiw

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Jul 22, 2007, 12:40 AM

In a recent interview, Korn's frontman Jonathan Davis said that there are 18 tracks ready for the next album, all of which were written in a month.

Someone should really check the facts out before stating something as stupid as that.

And to firefly, i see your points and your opinions, but now you are just talking that if you don't like korn, nobody else isn't allowed to like them. I see that you listen to a band that i find very generic, but it's fine with me and I don't have a urge to start bashing them just to make me feel a better person.

tommiw

Quote from: xkwox on Jul 22, 2007, 04:33 AM
And this, you don't like terry bozzio? He is a legend

Only thing that is nice to see in deftones forum is that you don't insult Jonathan Davis about his weight, because to me he is still pretty skinny compared to Chino

Mr. Self Destruct

Head was the reason why KoRn was so successful and wrote all of their decent songs.

It's been plain as day that Munky obviously can't write to save his life, So now they're relying on electro stuff, Keyboard players, Backing bands and song writers to do all the work.

The day Head left, KoRn died, they should of just disbanded and started as a different band.

David isn't coming back either, In the Kerrang interview Jonathan admitted David said he'd lost all passion for it and they haven't heard from him since.

Starting Over is fuckin' amazing though, quality song.

And how can anyone say this album has been rushed? The last one came out in 2005, Chino's just jealous he can't get off his fat arse and write more.

I love Deftones, I love KoRn, But c'mon, If you actually LISTEN to the new album you'll take note that it's not for a mainstream audience at all, Noone i know who isn't into KoRn will like it.

tommiw

Quote from: Mr. Self Destruct on Jul 22, 2007, 10:58 AM
Head was the reason why KoRn was so successful and wrote all of their decent songs.

It's been plain as day that Munky obviously can't write to save his life, So now they're relying on electro stuff, Keyboard players, Backing bands and song writers to do all the work.

The day Head left, KoRn died, they should of just disbanded and started as a different band.

David isn't coming back either, In the Kerrang interview Jonathan admitted David said he'd lost all passion for it and they haven't heard from him since.

Starting Over is fuckin' amazing though, quality song.

And how can anyone say this album has been rushed? The last one came out in 2005, Chino's just jealous he can't get off his fat arse and write more.

I love Deftones, I love KoRn, But c'mon, If you actually LISTEN to the new album you'll take note that it's not for a mainstream audience at all, Noone i know who isn't into KoRn will like it.

Finally something that i enjoy agreeing on.

ignore the fashion

Quote from: tommiw on Jul 22, 2007, 09:49 AM
Quote from: ignore the fashion on Jul 22, 2007, 12:40 AM

Someone should really check the facts out before stating something as stupid as that.

And to firefly, i see your points and your opinions, but now you are just talking that if you don't like korn, nobody else isn't allowed to like them. I see that you listen to a band that i find very generic, but it's fine with me and I don't have a urge to start bashing them just to make me feel a better person.

well its just my opinion, but personally i think korn suck now. they're not the same band anymore. everyone is entitled to their own opinion. mine just happens to be that i think korn sucks now. your opinion maybe and probably is different, but that doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

to me korn and limp bizkit are in the same boat, both really good bands that went to shit. limp bizkit just went to shit faster than korn.

tommiw

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Jul 23, 2007, 02:11 AM
your opinion maybe and probably is different, but that doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

I totally agree