Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Korn

Started by Moz La Punk, Feb 22, 2006, 10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonlapse vertigo

Quote from: cyppe101 on May 05, 2008, 09:53 PM
Quote from: moonlapse vertigo on May 04, 2008, 04:18 PM
As a once OBSESSED Korn-fan, I have to disagree with a lot of the things that I've seen on this page alone.

First off:

S/T > Issues > Follow The Leader > Untouchables > Life Is Peachy > See You On The Other Side > Untitled > Take A Look In The Mirror

I don't listen to Korn much nowadays, but they still do have potential. They have all sorts of tools (new keyboardist & drummer, perhaps new guitarist) and all they need to do is utilize them properly. "Haze" is a perfect example of Korn not taking advantage of what they have. Perhaps they truly have run out of "creative juices," I don't know. I actually don't even know why I'm going through all this effort to defend them, but it is kind of ignorant for people to say Korn's new material is bad just because it's...new. Give it a chance, you never know when these guys could make a comeback.

Is Twisted Transistor a good song?

Not at all.

Point?

Atomic

>:( i like Twisted Transistor
My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

cast so cool

Ive not really cared for shit theyve done since Issues, its like they arent even trying anymore. Haze sounds like some crappy basement band doing a crappy Korn cover.

cyppe101

Quote from: moonlapse vertigo on May 05, 2008, 10:34 PM
As a once OBSESSED Korn-fan, I have to disagree with a lot of the things that I've seen on this page alone.

First off:

S/T > Issues > Follow The Leader > Untouchables > Life Is Peachy > See You On The Other Side > Untitled > Take A Look In The Mirror

I don't listen to Korn much nowadays, but they still do have potential. They have all sorts of tools (new keyboardist & drummer, perhaps new guitarist) and all they need to do is utilize them properly. "Haze" is a perfect example of Korn not taking advantage of what they have. Perhaps they truly have run out of "creative juices," I don't know. I actually don't even know why I'm going through all this effort to defend them, but it is kind of ignorant for people to say Korn's new material is bad just because it's...new. Give it a chance, you never know when these guys could make a comeback.

Not at all.

Point?

It's their new stuff, that you wanted us to give a chance to.

Korn was good in '99, not anymore.

whodunit?

^ so true.

I was a fan of the band for a long time but then they released MIRROR and this was the last album of theirs I've purchased.

moonlapse vertigo

Quote from: cyppe101 on May 07, 2008, 01:43 PM
Quote from: moonlapse vertigo on May 05, 2008, 10:34 PM

First off:

Not at all.

Point?

It's their new stuff, that you wanted us to give a chance to.

Korn was good in '99, not anymore.

I didn't say their new records were good, I agree that they've pretty much gone downhill since Mirror. BUT, that doesn't mean you have to completely count them out (yet). They've had some issues with the last few albums (tried to go back to an old school sound and failed miserably on TALITM, lost Head before SYOTOS, and had THREE drummers plus shitty production/mixing on Untitled). Like I said though, I think they're finally at a place where they can function properly. The next record decides their fate, they either make a big comeback or hammer the last nail in their coffin.

moonlapse vertigo

So. There was a chat session held with Jonathan Davis last night where fans could ask questions freely and he revealed some pretty promising information. First off, he said Korn would gladly take back Head if he ever decided to return (we already know this, but its good to hear it reaffirmed). Secondly, he said that he really felt the band had chemistry with Ray Luzier, former Army of Anyone (Richard Patrick's side-project between the last two Filter records) drummer, which is good because he also said David probably isnt coming back.

Now, for the big news.

*drum roll*

Last night, Jonathan Davis revealed who would be producing the next Korn album, and he is...

ROSS ROBINSON!

To me, this is astounding news. He probably isnt the same producer he was back in '94, but I can see great things coming from him.

rainnyx4

It's not a matter of him being the same great producer he was in '94 (he's still a great producer, I mean, just look at his catalog, he's who I'd want to produce my album), it's a matter of Korn being the same great band they were back in the day, which they aren't.

moonlapse vertigo

Ross is actually a better producer now, look at all he's got under his belt since Korn's Self-Titled (Glassjaw, At The Drive-in, etc.). Korn isn't the same great band they were back in the day, but I'm hoping Ross can bring out the best of them.

phil for real

I actually like See You On The Other Side quite abit.  I like the direction they took with that album.  Untouchables was pretty damn good too.  Take A Look In The Mirror was weak though.  Untitled, I still haven't listened to much but I like some songs.  Hopefully this new album kicks ass.  I'd like to see Head come back.

whodunit?

Quote from: moonlapse vertigo on May 18, 2008, 07:09 PM
which is good because he also said David probably isnt coming back.

he has a new band with davis's brother.

mr.sinister

Quote from: whodunit? on Jun 18, 2008, 11:26 AM

That guy Marky from Adema?

phil for real

No he doesn't, that was fake.

White Pwny

Quote from: mr.sinester on Jun 18, 2008, 07:25 PM
Quote from: whodunit? on Jun 18, 2008, 11:26 AM

That guy Marky from Adema?

Marky Chavez is hawt.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

snw9

ok so i got a question for any korn fans in this forum. well back in the untouchables days, when korn released "here to stay" as their first single before the album, i was trying to find it online until i downloaded 2 files labeled as "korn-here to stay" but they turned out to be fakes. However, one of the songs is known as "korn-bringing me down" which again is a fake. Who is the original artist?link will be uploaded on demand. thank u
Code: [Select]

deafnotes

korn is getting annoying. wtf mtv unplugged? lol

whodunit?

Quote from: deafnotes on Jun 25, 2008, 08:16 AM
korn is getting annoying. wtf mtv unplugged? lol

I've seen their performance on Conan (or maybe other talk-show) and it was great!

The last album was quite ok in my opinion. Had some gems among pieces of crap.

kalhan

korn was good right uptil untouchables... i like all the albums till then...

the rest of them sucked cock

and i'm looking forward to the new album with ross... really am... and i won't be sucking maynard/patton cock by saying the album sucks before giving it a listen like most of you probably do

disclaimer: i like tool/mr bungle... i just don't like maynard and patton

mr.sinister

Patton is da man. Maynard I like his music, but I dont really know much about the man.

whodunit?

Quote from: mr.sinester on Jun 27, 2008, 08:31 AM
Patton is da man. Maynard I like his music, but I dont really know much about the man.

Patton is just a piece of overrated shit.