Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

died20times

yea she is hot. i drooled over her the entire set at the ptw/the bled show.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "died20times"
Quote from: "[Tribal"]They have a band called Complete, they are really good!! Check out their mp's on his site.

i'm on it!

Sweet! I have only heard their old album, i haven't checked out the mp3's on his site yet, i am a little embarrased about it. :oops:

died20times

Quote from: "[Tribal"]
Quote from: "died20times"
Quote from: "[Tribal"]They have a band called Complete, they are really good!! Check out their mp's on his site.

i'm on it!

Sweet! I have only heard their old album, i haven't checked out the mp3's on his site yet, i am a little embarrased about it. :oops:

i'm listening to died like a hero right now. it's good stuff. it's not like most hardcore bands out there right now. they have one foot in the metal genre but it's not delivered like most of the bands (breakdowns, chug chug.) more of an old school feel and the melody adds a nice addition.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "died20times"i'm listening to died like a hero right now. it's good stuff. it's not like most hardcore bands out there right now. they have one foot in the metal genre but it's not delivered like most of the bands (breakdowns, chug chug.) more of an old school feel and the melody adds a nice addition.

Well, i can't wait to get it. :D I have their album: Adjusting the perpetual emotion machine. 9 great tracks. Awesome album.

I just watched a the beloved video: Aimless Endeavor.

It seems as if it's the drummer who does all the screaming. :shock:

died20times

a lot of bands these days have the drummer contributing to vocals.

beloved's drummer doing the screaming
atreyu's drummer doing the singing
fata's drummer doing the singing
funeral for a friend's drummer doing the screaming
etc etc

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "died20times"a lot of bands these days have the drummer contributing to vocals.

beloved's drummer doing the screaming
atreyu's drummer doing the singing
fata's drummer doing the singing
funeral for a friend's drummer doing the screaming
etc etc
hehe, i find it funny seeing as i am a drummer myself, but i can't sing at all. And most drummers i know can't sing either. :D

Norma Jean
I'm just watching this 18 minute live show i downloaded awhile ago, it's a concert where Josh was still in the band. Good shit. They play about 4-5 songs.

I also have a live clip of Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste where there are 5 different people singing throughout the song. And this guy in pantyhose is jumping out in the crowd.

kisseveryscar

Quote from: "died20times"david, but i go by my middle name, terry. any specific reason you wanted to know?

dude....rope tied to the trigger owns.

no not really.i just wanted to know.dont feel ike callin you died20times all the time..yeah my name is david too.i just call you terry

died20times

3 davids in the hardcore thread. haha.

onlythclouds

Quote from: "died20times"i'm listening to died like a hero right now. it's good stuff. it's not like most hardcore bands out there right now. they have one foot in the metal genre but it's not delivered like most of the bands (breakdowns, chug chug.) more of an old school feel and the melody adds a nice addition.

Well, i can't wait to get it. :D I have their album: Adjusting the perpetual emotion machine. 9 great tracks. Awesome album.

I just watched a the beloved video: Aimless Endeavor.

It seems as if it's the drummer who does all the screaming. :shock:

thats a badass video....ive never seen anyone play in a laundromat before

Glässjãw

since my thread got locked, what Evergreen Terrace CD should I get?

kisseveryscar

my fav album is Losing All Hope Is Freedom
but Burned Alive by Time was great  too

you should also check out Writers Block..just download it if you dont have the money

died20times

other way around for me. Burned Alive By Times is my fav but i also really enjoy Losing All Hope Is Freedon. hell, you should just buy em both. they're probably only like 10 bucks a piece.

have any of you guys listened to With All Sincerity? i bought one of their albums today, "The Age Where Nothing Fits", and i'm really enjoying it. has a really old school heavy feel to it. kinda like converge mixed with a straight up hardcore band with the addition of death metalish growls (in some parts) and the occasional clean singing part.  breakdowns too of course. gotta love the breakdowns. not a bad way to spend 8 bones.

kisseveryscar

yes great band

they broke up already...sad

kisseveryscar

Converge voted one of the 25 most important bands in "Metal"
Converge have been voted one of the most important "metal" bands in issue # 189 of Alternative Press Magazine. The official list was compiled by well-known musicians and NOT by writers or fans. Making the list one of the most interesting and valid registers of relevent aggressive music today.

oh yeah. the new issue of Alternative Press is on sale now.
if you guys want to check it out

1. Meshuggah
2. Dillinger Escape Plan
3. Lamb of God
4. In Flames
5. Shadows Fall
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Mastodon
8. Arch Enemy
9. Morbid Angel
10. Hatebreed
11. Dimmu Borgir
12. Converge
13. High On Fire
14. The Haunted
15. Neurosis
16. Melvins
17. Cradle of Filth
18. Opeth
19. Slipknot
20. Isis
21. Children of Bodom
22. Soilwork
23. Pig Destroyer
24. Nile
25. Khanate

Paint Your Lips

How the hell can Killswitch Engage beat Dimmu Borgir?! :?

Anyways, is that magazine Alternative Press about hardcore or what? And is it any good?

died20times

dillinger at number 2. fuck yea!

good to see converge getting the recognition they deserve too.

alternative press isn't really a hardcore magazine. might have an article here and there about a hardcore band but it's rare. it's just a rock magazine.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "died20times"dillinger at number 2. fuck yea!

good to see converge getting the recognition they deserve too.

alternative press isn't really a hardcore magazine. might have an article here and there about a hardcore band but it's rare. it's just a rock magazine.

Know any good hardcore magazines? I could find the best magazines and put 'em on my site.

died20times

Know any good hardcore magazines? I could find the best magazines and put 'em on my site.

HM Magazine

thats the only one i know of man.

Paint Your Lips

@ David
It's cool, dude. I'm gonna check it out then.

Hardcore Top 10
- Your 10 favorite hardcore bands at the moment:

My List:
1) - Wings Of  Scarlet - before the great collapse EP
2) - A Shroud Cast Over – Melodies from My Heart To The Grave EP
3) - Norma Jean – Kiss The Child Bless The Martyr
4) - On Broken Wings - Some Of Us May Never See The World
5) - MeWithoutYou - (A) To (B) Life
6) - Stars Are Falling - How many eyes has opened
7) - Poison The Well - Tear From Red
8) - Analog - The contention
9) - Beloved – Running EP
10) - Across Five Aprils - A tragedy In progress

died20times

albums or bands?

i'll just go with favorite albums/eps at the moment.

01. Anaolog - The Contention
02. With All Sincerity - The Age Where Nothing Fits
03. The Bowels Of Judas - Broken Jaws, Smile Crooked ep
04. From A Secod Story Window - Not Word Has Been Ommited
05. Scarlet - Cult Classic
06. Scars Of Tomorrow - Rope Tied To The Tigger
07. Circle Takes The Square - As The Roots Undo
08. Beecher - Breaking The Fourth Wall
09. Sawtooth Grin - Cuddle Monster
10. Walls Of Jericho - All Hail The Dead