Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "kisseveryscar"Terror/The Promise in hollywood...2 more days!! 8)  8)  8)  8)

Two questions:
1) Which songs by Terror/The Promise should i check out?

2) Do you know any cool magazines that writes about hardcore bands?

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "blah"to whom ever started this topic, thanks so much for putting my link (www.thehrn.com) up and uh thanks to everyone you visited.

we are currently looking for reviewers to review hxc/emo/metal cds... please go to the site and contact us. exp needed.

thanks
-dave
webmaster/owner of thehrn.com

That would be me. I'm starting a hardcore website myself. With lots of links and so on and so forth, i will put your link on my site aswell.

Btw, really great site, mate.

Quote from: "blah"btw to the post above..
AP magazine surprisingly has a few blurbs about hxc bands

but you should just check out thehrn.com's what you need section to look for new bands

\m/
Thanks, i will.

subject

umm, i just found this band at hxc and i think they sound pritty damn cool, the only thing is there's certain points where they sound a bit like korn "not good" let me know if you like em too.
Assisted Suicide Assembly
http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/1503/

@ [Tribal]
do you know where they sell that aurora cd?

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "subject to violence"umm, i just found this band at hxc and i think they sound pritty damn cool. let me know if you like em too.

@ [Tribal]
Their record company perhaps? I got this danish dude who works for a danish record company to get me all the cd's.

Btw, You can call me marty or martin. :D

subject

Quote from: "[Tribal"]
Quote from: "subject to violence"umm, i just found this band at hxc and i think they sound pritty damn cool. let me know if you like em too.

@ [Tribal]
Their record company perhaps? I got this danish dude who works for a danish record company to get me all the cd's.

Btw, You can call me marty or martin. :D
ok marty, cool. you and everyone else on this thread can call me dale or dee - man, that is such a gay redneck name.

Paint Your Lips

We could call you Dee Dee?? :D
I'm just about to check out: Assisted Suicide Assembly

Dee Dee, you should go to: www.northpost.dk and check out the band Complete. I think you'll like them.

Btw, any December fans in here??

I think they fucking "shred"!! - The song Host is fucking awesome!

Gaz

QuoteBtw, any December fans in here??

I think they fucking "shred"!! - The song Host is fucking awesome!

Hell yeah!, December are awesome, but they have recently parted ways with their vocalist Mark Moots  :cry: and are currently looking for a replacement. Lament Configuration is a brutal album, some of their older stuff is cool aswell, I think they have re-released an album called "Praying Hoping Nothing", check it out man.

died20times

december shreds. brutal stuff.

-props to marty for the new sig/av. lookin sweet!

died20times

Quote from: "subject to violence"umm, i just found this band at hxc and i think they sound pritty damn cool, the only thing is there's certain points where they sound a bit like korn "not good" let me know if you like em too.

just checked that out. not to shabby. i agree, in does sound "korn-like" in a lot of it but it's still alright. these guys are from around here and i've seen them live. their live show is better than what is captured in these mp3s for sure.

BigDave

Like the sig, and I thought my top 10 bands list was good too :wink:

Post hardcore doesnt exist!  If something is 'post' something, then that something would have to be gone for the new 'post something' to be around.  Hardcore isnt gone, therefore post hardcore isnt real!

Shai Hulud, word.

Some of that top 25 most important bands is bollocks, but Converge definately deserve to be in there.

died20times

yea i don't agree with the term 'post hardcore' either but usually its used to describe a band that isn't quite hardcore i guess, or almost hardcore :?. lot of people consider bands like glassjaw, hopesfall, clarity process, or thursday to be 'post hardcore' bands. it's kind of a lame term.

BigDave

Hopesfall, post hardcore, bah.  Its a stupid term, so's emo.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "BigDave"Hopesfall, post hardcore, bah.  Its a stupid term, so's emo.
I hate genres!! I really hate them. I don't give a fuck about genres, the only thing that matters to me is the fact that i like a band or not.

Btw ... I'm so ashamed ... But, i checked out Rope Tied To The Trigger again today. And ... Well ... I really like it. :oops: Not as much as Design Your Fate. But it's up there with it.

And i'm beginning to like Converge more and more for every day. Amazing, i really didn't think it would catch on.

I'm really glad you like your sig, david.

BigDave

You need to get some of their older stuff too, like Locust reign, Saddest day, Colour me blood red, My unsaid everything, When forever comes crashing.  Just download everything you can find, they are one of the most brutal yet beautiful bands around.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "BigDave"You need to get some of their older stuff too, like Locust reign, Saddest day, Colour me blood red, My unsaid everything, When forever comes crashing.  Just download everything you can find, they are one of the most brutal yet beautiful bands around.

And thanks to the spokesman of Converge. *applause*

Sure, i can find anything on DC++ so i'll see what i can do, mate.

Anyone into N*sync? - They fucking shred!!

BigDave

I liked them before they sold out, as soon as they got signed to a major label they watered down their sound!  Shame :(

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "BigDave"I liked them before they sold out, as soon as they got signed to a major label they watered down their sound!  Shame :(

You're right. The same thing is happening to 18visions. Soon they'll sound like n*sync and backstreet Boys.

- When good bands go bad ... :cry:

Gaz

I'm starting to think that the new 18v album is gonna be well...erm  :roll: I really can't stand the new track I downloaded.

Oh, instead of calling my poisonthevision all the time, jus call me Gaz  :)

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "poisonthevision"I'm starting to think that the new 18v album is gonna be well...erm  :roll: I really can't stand the new track I downloaded.

Oh, instead of calling my poisonthevision all the time, jus call me Gaz  :)

I don't like it either, Gaz. :wink: It's too ... popish in a way.

What bands do you like btw?

Gaz

I've got a pretty big list...

Converge
As I Lay Dying
Norma Jean
Between the buried and me
The Black Dahlia Murder
SkyCameFalling
Poison the well
Eighteen Visions
Terror
Lamb of God
Burnt By The Sun
Evergreen Terrace
Himsa
Bleeding Through
Sinai Beach
Premonitions of War
Martyr AD

Theres more bands, but those were just the majority of my fav hardcore bands  :)