Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paint Your Lips

@ Gaz
Pretty sweet list i must say. :D

SkyCameFalling was the first hardcore band i got into ... I still like 'em a lot. They made great music ... Too bad they split.

As a matter of fact, a lot of hardcore bands have been splitting up and changing members lately, it kinda sucks.

died20times

skycamefalling's "10.21" is a hardcore classic. really brought melodic hardcore to new heights.

so many bands imitate what skycamefalling have already done and they just fail, miserably.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "died20times"skycamefalling's "10.21" is a hardcore classic. really brought melodic hardcore to new heights.

so many bands imitate what skycamefalling have already done and they just fail, miserably.

I agree, man. Lots of hardcore bands try to put melodic pieces into their music, but they can't really get it right. It's sad in a way. But some bands does it just as good as SkyCameFalling.

Btw, i actually really really like Rope Tied To The Trigger. :oops:

Paint Your Lips

QuoteWalls Of Jericho vocalist Candace Kucsulain received a broken nose from an exuberant audience member while playing in Memphis last week. Candace was the unintended recipient of a spinning fist. The formidable frontwoman, who was out in front of the monitors took the blow in stride and finished four more songs before the band ended their set. Candace suffered from her nose being knocked out of alignment, severe facial swelling and broken blood vessels around the eyes. Candace will get her nose realigned during a rare day off. On the same day, she will even appear for a photo shoot with band members for the cover of Modern Fix Magazine.

That's a woman with BALLS!!!! :shock:

BigDave

Sinai Beach are top.  

I need to get 10.21 :oops:

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "BigDave"Sinai Beach are top.  

I need to get 10.21 :oops:

You never heard it?! :shock:

Gaz

yes, 10.21 is fantastic, a really beautiful hardcore album, it's just perfect in every way, I was gutted when I read that they split last year, I think the last gig they played was Hellfest, what a way to go out in style. I have the EP they released last year with 2 tracks on it, it's a self titled EP, and it's just as beautiful.

As for Candace from WOJ, she shure has balls man!, can't believe she finished the set with a busted nose!.

BigD, yes Sinai Beach are awesome, they remind me a lot of Blood has Been Shed.

Paint Your Lips

@ Gaz
Blood Has Been Shed Owns!!

What are those two SkyCameFalling tracks called? I only have 10.21 and some EP with 7 songs on it. Don't know the name.

Gaz

The 7 track EP you have is called "To Forever Embrace the Sun"

and the tracks on the 2 track self titled EP are "Thera" and "The Elaphant Graveyard"

BigDave

Ive only heard one skycamefalling song, cant remember the name though.

Sinai Beach sound a bit like them I guess, but nowhere near as heavy.  BTW I have a hardcore friend called Gaz, hes a bit of a know-it-all though

Paint Your Lips

@ Gaz
I'm gonna check those out. :wink: Thanks.

@ Big D
You need a slapping!! - SkyCameFalling are a classic!! A must have album if you like hardcore with lots of beautiful melodic parts!!

BigDave

I do intend on getting it, just my 'to get' list is huge!

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "BigDave"I do intend on getting it, just my 'to get' list is huge!

Well ... Atleast put it at the top! Unless there's some Converge on that list, cuz that should be at the top. What other bands are on your to-get-list?

BigDave

Basically I want to complete the back catalogue of countless bands, including Converge, and then I intend on buying albums of other bands, like skycamefalling, and others.  Theres too many to list, and theres new albums coming out all the time that I want!

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "BigDave"Basically I want to complete the back catalogue of countless bands, including Converge, and then I intend on buying albums of other bands, like skycamefalling, and others.  Theres too many to list, and theres new albums coming out all the time that I want!

I hear ya, i just ordered 12 cd's, and in about a month i'll order 12-13 more. :D

BigDave

Id do that, if I had a job :(

Anghellic

@ Tribal

old news, but yeah...she's got some nuts (thanks for posting  :wink: )

new eighteen visions...i'm not gonna judge it til i hear it...but so far...not so good (reference to Waiting For The Heavens)

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "Anghellic"@ Tribal

old news, but yeah...she's got some nuts (thanks for posting  :wink: )

new eighteen visions...i'm not gonna judge it til i hear it...but so far...not so good (reference to Waiting For The Heavens)

hehe, i just saw it today and thought it was cool.

I never really liked 18Visions so i don't really care. All i know, is that it's a bummer when your fav band goes shite.

Anghellic

yeah it does man. they've been one of my favorites since about 2000...actually probably my absolute favorite. at least i have my deftones albums. :cry:

onlythclouds

check out Haste The Day here

http://www.solidstaterecords.com/hastetheday/ecard/

i love this band, this has their new stuff, record comes out march 9 on solid state