Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paint Your Lips

Okay, so i decided to give Beloved a second chance. The first time i heard Failure On it didn't really catch on, and i deleted the album pretty quickly. But then i decided to see if i still didn't like them, so i downloaded:

And So It Goes
Running EP
Failure On

And now i really enjoy them, i think they are a really good band, and i enjoy the vocals and everything now. I believe in second chances!! :D

died20times

tell them to keep up the good work Big D. mad potential.

i'm especially digging the track "circle of thought"

BigDave

You mean five sides to a circle?  I'll tell them, Im sure they'll be pleased someone in the states likes them :wink:

died20times

Quote from: "[Tribal"]Okay, so i decided to give Beloved a second chance. The first time i heard Failure On it didn't really catch on, and i deleted the album pretty quickly. But then i decided to see if i still didn't like them, so i downloaded:

And So It Goes
Running EP
Failure On

And now i really enjoy them, i think they are a really good band, and i enjoy the vocals and everything now. I believe in second chances!! :D

it's always good to go back take a second listen to things you think you hate. sometimes you just gotta let things grow on you. i was like that with bands like converge and glassjaw. thought it was crap at first but now these are 2 of my fav bands.

BigDave

Quote from: "died20times"i was like that with bands like converge and glassjaw

:shock: Fuck, I was exactly like that!!!

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "died20times"it's always good to go back take a second listen to things you think you hate. sometimes you just gotta let things grow on you. i was like that with bands like converge and glassjaw. thought it was crap at first but now these are 2 of my fav bands.

I'm at that stage right now with Converge. I downloaded Jane Doe, and i'm listening to it once in awhile, trying to get into it. I hope i succeed.

died20times

Quote from: "[Tribal"]
Quote from: "died20times"it's always good to go back take a second listen to things you think you hate. sometimes you just gotta let things grow on you. i was like that with bands like converge and glassjaw. thought it was crap at first but now these are 2 of my fav bands.

I'm at that stage right now with Converge. I downloaded Jane Doe, and i'm listening to it once in awhile, trying to get into it. I hope i succeed.

that album should come with a warning or a caution sticker on the cover. fuck, it's not an easy listen at first. it's one of the most hectic albums ever. i would just say, go into listening to it with an open mind. it's hardcore, but it's unlike any other hardcore band out there.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "died20times"that album should come with a warning or a caution sticker on the cover. fuck, it's not an easy listen at first. it's one of the most hectic albums ever. i would just say, go into listening to it with an open mind. it's hardcore, but it's unlike any other hardcore band out there.

hehe, yeh, i know, dude. But i'm hanging in there. *fingers crossed*

heh, i checked out the band called Scarlet, just because i really really really love Wings Of Scarlet, and they are actually pretty damn good. I've found out that hardcore bands with the name of a woman are really good. :D

died20times

i have one of scarlet's eps, "something to lust about." i can't get into it really. i don't think it's all that great. although, i am hearing some good things about their new album coming out, "cult classic." i might have to check that out.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "died20times"i have one of scarlet's eps, "something to lust about." i can't get into it really. i don't think it's all that great. although, i am hearing some good things about their new album coming out, "cult classic." i might have to check that out.

I have cult classic. It's really cool. Nothing extraordinary, but very cool.

Gaz

Latest downloads from me..

Scars of Tomorrow - Rope tied to the trigger (Fucking great!, I love it  :D )
Martyr AD - The Human Condition in Tweleve Fractions (Good brutal stuff)
Himsa - Counting Tragedy and Disaster (I like them, cool stuff)

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "poisonthevision"
You should really check out Scars Of Tomorrow - Design Your Fate. (it's a million times better than Rope tied to the trigger.

died20times

Quote from: "[Tribal"]
You should really check out Scars Of Tomorrow - Design Your Fate. (it's a million times better than Rope tied to the trigger.

no way dude. design your fate sucked!

to each their own though man. :)

onlythclouds

@ Tribal
SAF are fucking great, i made a post about them a long time ago and no one payed it any attention, but definitley get their how many eyes have opened cd, its good

and beloved are one of my favorite bands, giving them another chance was a great decision..i have to do that sometimes too, it took me a really long time to get into galssjaw, but no i love them

Paint Your Lips

@ Died20times
I need to beat some sense into your skull, hehe. :D

@ 15 Stitches
Yeh, SAF are really good, same with Beloved. They have really grown on me!

I just ordered these cd's:
Wings Of Scarlet - before the great collapse
Norma Jean - Kiss the child bless the martyr
Poison The Well - Tear From Red
Beloved - Running EP
On Broken Wings - Some Of Us May Never See The World
Scars Of Tomorrow - Design Your Fate
Symphony In Peril - Lost memoirs and faded pictures
Stars Are Falling - How many eyes have opened
The aurora - leave a light on
Analog - The Contention
Complete - All systems go
Me Without You - (A) To (B) Life
Across Five Aprils - A tragedy in progress

I should have them all by the end of this month. Btw, my birthday is april the second. So that's my birthday gift to myself. :D

HeyVanity

What I've heard of them I like, I had trouble finding more songs at the time though... That was a while ago, I'll have to look again.

I don't remember who it was and I'm too lazy to go find it and quote it but I really like Murder by Death and Cursive, they're not really hardcore but they're good. Murder by Death's newer album, Who Will Survive and What Will Be Left of Them is really awesome, it's got a cool theme. The end.  :D

died20times

pretty sweet looking list you got there, for the most part, i like all of those albums.

which distro do you order from?

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "died20times"pretty sweet looking list you got there, for the most part, i like all of those albums.

which distro do you order from?
This danish, dude, i found on the net. It's much easier to get him to order 'em all for me. He works for a danish record company.

www.northpost.dk

They have a band called Complete, they are really good!! Check out their mp'3s on his site.

died20times

Quote from: "HeyVanity"

Murder by Death's newer album, Who Will Survive and What Will Be Left of Them is really awesome, it's got a cool theme. The end.  :D

word ^

what's good about them is that they are actually doing something original and have their own distinct style and sound and it's quite enjoyable as well.

himsa takes me back to the 80's. howling guitar solos and just an overall old school metal feel. good band.

Quote from: "[Tribal"]They have a band called Complete, they are really good!! Check out their mp's on his site.

i'm on it!

HeyVanity

Quote from: "died20times"
Quote from: "HeyVanity"

Murder by Death's newer album, Who Will Survive and What Will Be Left of Them is really awesome, it's got a cool theme. The end.  :D

word ^

what's good about them is that they are actually doing something original and have their own distinct style and sound and it's quite enjoyable as well.

Yeah their lyrics are awesome. And they have a hot chick cellist, I mean how spiffy is that? If I was a guy I'd want her, haha. :wink: