Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DefUnNorma428

never heard of  Stand up and Fight

DefUnNorma428

but to sidetrack.....ever hear of Death Cab For Cutie.....sooooo chill and good

died20times

Quote from: "DefUnNorma428"but to sidetrack.....ever hear of Death Cab For Cutie.....sooooo chill and good

not a big fan of death cab.

i usually listen to shit like explosions in the sky, copeland, or spill canvas when i'm chilling out.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "died20times"i usually listen to shit like explosions in the sky

The song Greet Death is fucking amazing!!

Btw, mogwai rules. When it comes to chill music.

kisseveryscar

Quote from: "died20times"
Quote from: "kisseveryscar"fav hardcore bands at the moment

Ramallah- But A Whimper
FInd Him and Kill Him- Cut Them to Pieces
Some Girls- All My Friends Are Going Death
Walls of Jericho- All Hail The Dead
where fear and weapons meet- s/t
ive been listenin to alot of Terror and The  promise too

i need to check out that Find Him And Kill Him cd. i heard it's one of the best straight up releases this year.

you like Stand and Fight?

ive heard one song..its alright..im gonna download the cd today and check it out

Gaz

Anyone like Dead Blue Sky?, I got a few tracks from Soulseek, I'm gonna give them a listen in a while.

died20times

Quote from: "poisonthevision"Anyone like Dead Blue Sky?, I got a few tracks from Soulseek, I'm gonna give them a listen in a while.

i have their album "Symptons Of An Unwanted Emotion." it's alright, nothing i would consider a favorite of mine. it's like emotional death metal/metalcore with added synths and key board action. also adding acoustic guitar behind all the heaviness in all of the tracks. it's decent.

HeyVanity

Quote from: "DefUnNorma428"but to sidetrack.....ever hear of Death Cab For Cutie.....sooooo chill and good

I like some Death Cab. Tiny Vessels is a good song.

Anghellic

@dies20times

remember when we were talkin about Shai Halud, and how they break up...get together...break up...get together...well they apparently are back together, they are confirmed for the Pressure Festival in Germany.  They are good, but they piss me off with this shit haha.

died20times

Quote from: "Anghellic"@dies20times

remember when we were talkin about Shai Halud, and how they break up...get together...break up...get together...well they apparently are back together, they are confirmed for the Pressure Festival in Germany.  They are good, but they piss me off with this shit haha.

lol :lol:. well that certainly is good news cause i consider shai hulud one of the best melodic hardcore bands ever but damn, they should make up their minds! same goes for zao!

Anghellic

yeah man for sure. shai halud were amazing when i saw them. did anyone else catch that tour? (take action '03 - ptw, 18v, shai halud, further seems forever, dillenger escape plan) one of the best tours i have ever been to. all great bands, all great live. man...i wanna go see ptw...like whoa!

died20times

i just saw ptw a couple weeks ago, and there coming again 2 times this month. in the past year, i've seen them like 6 times  :shock:

Anghellic

i definately just saw em last month.  and a gillion times before that...but...i want to go now again. they are so good. i often times find myself jackin off at their shows...is that a bad thing???  :?

died20times

Quote from: "Anghellic"i definately just saw em last month.  and a gillion times before that...but...i want to go now again. they are so good. i often times find myself jackin off at their shows...is that a bad thing???  :?

maybe just a little awkward...

:?  :shock:

Anghellic

kisseveryscar

shai hulud will go on one last tour in europe and when they come back they will officially no longer be a band

Anghellic

no. they will tour america. haven't you noticed a pattern. i know i have.

died20times

straight from shai hulud's web site-

Hey, all ya'll abroad? Looks like you talked us into it - well most of us, anyway. Here's the dilly, yo. Right now Germany's Avocado XXX Booking is looking into dates, and tentatively booking shows for a European tour roughly around the month of July. 4 out of 5 once Huluds have agreed to romp around abroad for a month. Drummer Tony Tintari will not be able to join us. We are trying to call in every favor owed to us to enlist a drummer for this final and potential European mosh. Providing we can find someone willing and available to pound skin (not that skin, perverts) for a month, we will be leaving our blood, sweat, and fingernails on your soil this July. Just to be clear, we are working to make this happen, although there is a chance it will not be possible. Keep checking this very incomplete website for new information. We will keep you posted. We'll nap after we inform you. Promise.

so there you have it. their last tour right there. i've seen them a bunch of times so i'm not really shattered by this break up. they've never dissapointed me either, musically, so they're going out on top.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "died20times"i just saw ptw a couple weeks ago, and there coming again 2 times this month. in the past year, i've seen them like 6 times  :shock:
Damn you americans!!

Nah, i'm just jealouse. :cry:

Bands i'd love to see live:
On Broken Wings
Wings Of Scarlet
Norma Jean
Poison The Well

- So if anyone wants to invite me over to america so we can watch some concerts, that'd be great. :wink:

P.S
Shai Hulud is a cool band, i like 'em lots. I gave them a second chance, and now i like them.

kisseveryscar

Terror/The Promise in hollywood...2 more days!! 8)  8)  8)  8)