Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

ISIS

Started by Martin, Aug 21, 2006, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

'Backlit' and 'In Fiction' are definitely the diamonds of this album but I am just no sure about 'So Did We'.
It takes time - what do I expect from the first listen :)

lostpilot

Wavering Radiant is simply becoming one of my favorite albums.

Jacob

it's brilliant. it's so great how they managed to end their career with their best album,
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

Sweet, man.

Have you listened to their older pre-Panopticion stuff yet? (Oceanic and Celestial).

ben

i'd rank it like theese:

1. Oceanic
2. In the Absence of Truth
3. Wavering Radiant
4. Panopticon
5. Celestial

theis

Ah well, why not.

Oceanic
Panopticon
Wavering Radiant
In the Absence of Truth
Celestial

the deft ones

For the fuck of it...

01. Panopticon
02. Wavering Radiant
03. Oceanic
04. In the Absence of Truth
05. Celestial
06. Mosquito Control/The Red Sea

...bored at work...

lostpilot

Quote from: theis on Jun 22, 2010, 10:51 PM
Sweet, man.

Have you listened to their older pre-Panopticion stuff yet? (Oceanic and Celestial).

I cannot say I liked Oceanic. It was way too destructive in a rough raw way. I enjoy the atmosphere more. The songwriting is indeed good, but the overall style of that album.. nope, not my cup of tea. And I haven't yet stepped into Celestial, no :)

theis

Oh if you think Oceanic was too rough, then you're definitely not gonna like Celestial, hehe.

lostpilot

Quote from: theis on Jun 23, 2010, 10:09 AM
Oh if you think Oceanic was too rough, then you're definitely not gonna like Celestial, hehe.

well, then I'm not even  gonna try ;D

lostpilot

I absolutely love "Backlit" and "In Fiction".

And I can easily say, that Isis is really becoming one of my favorite bands. Such beauty in every song. This is crazy!

bright lights, big city

good to hear, and look, a year ago you thought the opposite of them!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

ben

Now onto Cult of Luna for you.

lostpilot

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Quote from: theis on Jun 22, 2010, 11:10 PM
Ah well, why not.

Oceanic
Panopticon
Wavering Radiant
In the Absence of Truth
Celestial

I might have to second this rating. Fuck, Oceanic just moves me so much and Panopticon has some of the most intense mood evoking tracks ever. Wavering is astounding. There are so many amazing moods coursing through that album. The evolution of "Hall of The Dead" alone is worth the price of admission while "Ghost Key" immediately seals the deal of extravagance. I don't know. I'm so ecstatic about this band its crazy. The Red Sea EP and The Mosquito Control EP are just sick. Seriously amazing catalog these guys have put out. Shame they're calling it a day.

lostpilot

I'm being destroyed by Isis right now.
oh boy!

nineteen

'Deconstructing Towers' just kills me everytime. It's proper evil.

nineteen

Sorry, I didn't read the thread.

Check out 'The Red Sea' EP. It's proper heavy as well.

I managed to get one of the limited vinyl of it (233 in Pink) so definitely gonna hang onto it for a few years!

lostpilot

first time @ Celestial.
sounds very very nice.