Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

ISIS

Started by Martin, Aug 21, 2006, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

lostpilot

Is it just me or Absence album is just not as good as the other albums?

theis

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 21, 2011, 12:49 PM
Is it just me or Absence album is just not as good as the other albums?

I love the album, but Oceanic, Panopticon and Wavering Radiant are much better.

lostpilot

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Nebontha

QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

theis

Damn, almost a year has passed since they broke up.

Time fliiiiies.

bright lights, big city

gonna pop in Wavering Radiant tonight, it's been too long.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

black coffee

new merchandise yay

Nebontha

really digging Panopticon lately
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

mr.sinister

New ISIS release in the works per their facebook.

Corleone

Didn't they break up or something?

Crazylegs

black coffee

Ex-Isis drummer Aaron Harris has confirmed via Twitter that a new posthumous release from the band is in the pipeline. Before you get your hopes up however he has clarified that it will not be a new studio album.

A recent posting in regards to the project on the bands Facebook reads as follows:

"This not a new studio album, but is a new record with previously unreleased material. Just to be clear. Thanks everyone!"

It's quite possible that the outing could be a previously-mentioned EP which will sport "Wavering Radiant" b-sides and more — though that has yet to be confirmed.

mr.sinister

theis

QuoteHello and happy new year. We hope it's off to a great start for everyone. We have a few things in the works that we'd like to talk about. Some of you may have seen our Facebook post about a new release in the works. As you may have guessed this is Live VI. It will be released digitally on Feb 14, 2012 and on limited double vinyl through our web-store soon after. This is a multi track recording from our 10 year anniversary tour. It was performed at the Hawthorne Theater in Portland, OR in 2007. The sound quality is great as it was recorded and mixed by Aaron Harris, and mastered by James Plotkin. The track listing for Live VI is:

1. Hive Destruction
2. So Did We
3. Not In Rivers, But In Drops
4. Gentle Time
5. In Fiction
6. Holy Tears
7. Weight (featuring Ayal and Maria from 27)
8. Red Sea
9. Carry (featuring Maria from 27)

You can pre order Live VI on iTunes, and listen to track previews by going here http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/live-vi-11-16-2007/id498322399

Also we are compiling some material for a new CD of B-sides, demos, alternate versions, and other unreleased tracks, AND a DVD containing all of our videos in HD, along with an unreleased video for the track "Piable Foe" previously released on our split 12" with the Melvins. That's our story and we're sticking to it. Thanks!

Excited about the b-sides album!

Nebontha

QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

1979wastheyear

theis

theis

QuoteIpecac Recordings will issue Temporal, a retrospective collection of unreleased ISIS rarities, remixes and videos this November.

Temporal spans the seminal band's entire discography with inclusions from Mosquito Control to the band's final full-length, Wavering Radiant.

Aaron Harris comments on the release: "It was fun and also very nostalgic collecting material for this release. I hear our catalogue differently now that I'm not living with these songs day to day. This is a special collection of outtakes, demos, unreleased tracks and videos, some of which I think we even forgot about."

Wuhuu!