Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

letters for chi/ fundraiser/ update and prayers

Started by jv_, Nov 04, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 28, 2009, 07:26 PM
yepp.. but youre not a rockstar so noone will ever pay for you. that also means you and i are less worthy as people on the same planet

Everyone desevers healthcare... Let's not bicker, rather be quicker, stable, able and helpful.

oneloveforchi

Quote from: Sugartolove on Mar 29, 2009, 01:53 AM
It's not only that Chi is a rockstar though...!
The way he lives his life, or did up untill his accident, is an example people can follow.
He doesn't just use his stardom to chase fame. He uses his talent to benefit others, as in for example his involvement in Youthnoise, all his work with homeless people, his work against domestic violence, and his involvement against animal cruelty through PETA.... And so on.
This inspires people, or inspires me at least.
Also inspiring is how grounded he seems, and appreciative of Deftones' fans.
Apart from his amazing talent, all of these factors are what inspires people to give, I think.
And even if we're not famous, we can all do little things for others and inspire others. Then maybe good things will come back to us as well. You can go ahead and call me naive (or worse) obviously  :)

this is so true.. and i have to say... it is my nature to want to help someone i know.. plus someone who has inspired me over the years (9 or so years). all the guys in the deftones have been extremely cool with my husband and i in letting us watch every show we have ever been to from back stage and hanging out with them on the bus after.. they are all great guys.. and i would have done this for any of them.. but not because they are rock stars.. but because they are people i care about.

my husband met them like 10 years ago thru a mutual friend and went on the road with them for awhile.. my husband pierced chino's nipples on the back of the bus while they were driving.. needless to say one was crooked.. haha.. when we saw him again some time after chino said he had to take the crooked one out.. but he still had the other in.. (i don't think he had it in last time we saw him tho.. didn't ask)...

any way... it isn't because he is a rock star.. it is because chi is an amazing individual who was so nice to me... and i would do what i am doing now for any one who was in the same position who touched my life and my heart the way he has.

one love for chi,
gina
www.OneLoveForChi.com - Fundraising Site For Chi Cheng, Deftones Bass Player

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

oneloveforchi

Quote from: White Wrist on Mar 28, 2009, 03:22 PM
Congratulations Gina, for this beautiful purpose.

I donated right now. My heart and soul are with Chi. Thank you for this.

Cheers from Portugal.

thank you so much for your support.. it means so much. i will update everyone soon with what the funds will be going to first..and how your donations have helped chi...

one love for chi,
gina

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

oneloveforchi

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 28, 2009, 07:07 PM
Gina, what you're doing for Chi is awesome. if i got hurt really bad or sick i'd definitely want someone like you in my corner :)

thanks.. that is sweet.. i hope you never need anyone in your corner and you lead a long happy and healthy life...

one love for chi,
gina

jesusinabowlofdirt

[quote author=oneloveforchi link=topic=14845.msg645160#msg645160 date=123829893
it isn't because he is a rock star.. it is because chi is an amazing individual who was so nice to me... and i would do what i am doing now for any one who was in the same position who touched my life and my heart the way he has.

one love for chi,
gina

[/quote]

yeah but if he wasnt a famous rockstar, the money wouldnt pour in like now. im sure there are thousands of goodhearted amazing people in their way who end up in a coma, but they dont get shit, no money or websites, just because they dont play baseguitar. apperently they arent as worthy as people.

oneloveforchi

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 29, 2009, 04:20 AM
[quote author=oneloveforchi link=topic=14845.msg645160#msg645160 date=123829893
it isn't because he is a rock star.. it is because chi is an amazing individual who was so nice to me... and i would do what i am doing now for any one who was in the same position who touched my life and my heart the way he has.

one love for chi,
gina

yeah but if he wasnt a famous rockstar, the money wouldnt pour in like now. im sure there are thousands of goodhearted amazing people in their way who end up in a coma, but they dont get shit, no money or websites, just because they dont play baseguitar. apperently they arent as worthy as people.
[/quote]

that isn't true.. i have read numerous stories of people in similar situtations where people have extended their generousity to help others.

sorry you feel that there are unworthy people in the world.. i however feel that EVERYone is worthy.. even you... even tho I don't know you.. and you aren't a rock star.

one love for chi,
gina

jesusinabowlofdirt

i dont think people should be more worthy than others, but if person A gets thousands of dollars when injured and person B doesnt get squat when injured, person A obviously is more worthy. if u think all people are all equal worhty why not donate money to a coma patients fund or something and not single out just one guy .
im for equal treatments when it comes healthcare. if i walked into a hospital room with a sack of money.. and there where 10 coma persons there
,i would share it equaly to all ten. as it is now.. just one guy in the room gets thosands of sacks of money,piling up round the bed, and the other 9 in the room dont get any

it just feel strange. alright enough of this shit, lets all hope he gets better, any person who gets in this mess should be prayed for

oneloveforchi

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 29, 2009, 04:33 AM
i dont think people should be more worthy than others, but if person A gets thousands of dollars when injured and person B doesnt get squat when injured, person A obviously is more worthy. if u think all people are all equal worhty why not donate money to a coma patients fund or something and not single out just one guy .
im for equal treatments when it comes healthcare. if i walked into a hospital room with a sack of money.. and there where 10 coma persons there
,i would share it equaly to all ten. as it is now.. just one guy in the room gets thosands of sacks of money,piling up round the bed, and the other 9 in the room dont get any

it just feel strange. alright enough of this shit, lets all hope he gets better, any person who gets in this mess should be prayed for

i am not saying one is more worthy than the other at all.. and you know.. this has made me want to do more on a larger scale.. and i am sure when chi recovers he will want to as well... but right now i just am focusing on helping chi..

sounds good.. 

jesusinabowlofdirt

ok i see what yr getting at..   today: one love for chi..   towmorrow: billions of love for billions of people

Sugartolove

One thing is, with helping a high profile person (if you can call Chi that), people  participate worldwide. Who are we to say this won't inspire people to do more for lesser known individuals?

I see what you are saying in one sense, and I tend to agree in some ways - why should we feel more sympathy towards somebody who is famous than any number of regular non famous people in the same situation? Kind of when a celebrity has an illness and people make martyrs out of them - (as is the situation in England now with Jade Goody.)  I then tend to think  why should I care more for this person than for others with same illness.
But even with the Jade situation - good things have come out of it. It has inspired people to be more assertive towards their own health and to do more for others in the same situation.

With Chi, I rang all the way from England and recorded my message because I care about a man who has been an inspiration for me for the about 9'ish years I have loved Deftones. I donated money for the same reasons, and run my little insignificant Myspace page for the same reasons. I would have done that for any Deftones member, but I'll do it even more happily for Chi as he has touched my life on so many other levels and has inspired me in himself to be more giving and possibly spiritual. He made it seem easy and accessible  :) And judging from messages I get from people from Azerbadjan to Scandinavia - more people feel the same way.

jesusinabowlofdirt

yeah, you feel he has a higher value as a person because u give him money but not to other coma victims who also may need help with money who never even had a rock star income to begin with. its ok with me "do what u gotta do" i on the other hand think we all are these "psychotic apes on this primitive dirtball" who have the same value, by your actions, u dont

Sugartolove

Thing is, you can't really say that, since you don't know what I do for other people when I'm offline  :)
Possibly not coma victims, but people in need. But that's okay.

But with what you are saying, people who have worked their way upto having a certain level of success, is not deserving of the general public's support? If you turn it around, that doesn't seem right either. Anyway - I could defend this for a long time, but seeing as it is a thread for Chis benefit, I don't want to come across as negative and unsupportive so I'll stop now. Peace.

jesusinabowlofdirt

im thinking of donating some myself.. i want him to get better of course... but it kinda feels wrong at the same timewhen a famous rockstar who sold millions of records and been touring for years and years cant pay when others with less money doesnt get our help.

oh well. this is going in circles

oneloveforchi

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 29, 2009, 07:55 AM
ok i see what yr getting at..   today: one love for chi..   towmorrow: billions of love for billions of people

exactly.. knowing chi i know he will want to do something to make a global change for people who have been thru or are going thru what he is.. and when he does - i will help in whatever he does..

one love,
gina

jesusinabowlofdirt

ok.. maybe i will donate to some coma fund directly instead. gonna snook around

ValleyGirl

Hello to G & H~I love you guys!

Appreciate you both so much and the way you defend my Chi!  Not that he needs defending, right?  As you both said, Chi is a special person that simply needs our help right now, be it prayers or funds.

Lets face it, we all need that shit!  In my humble opinion, Chi is thought so well of because he's lived his life with a giving heart.  Karma...plain and simple.  If you know nothing else about this man, know that.

His only advantage is the fact that he is more high profile, so more people have had the opportunity to get to know the man and what he is about.  Chi shines brightly because of his own merits.  I know of many a musician who have been around just as long as Chi, but I don't know a damn thing about them!

If you prefer to look for an alternative donation location, then I applaud you.  Because that's what this whole thing is about when you think about it.  Bring on the good deeds!  Trust me, Chi would approve!

Please continue to pray and think kindly of him as that will go a long way as well.

Have a great week ahead everyone!

Jude
www.oneloveforchi.com
I am merely a vessel who flows the rivers of emotion belonging to every suffering soul.

oneloveforchi

did these letters ever get mailed to chi? just wondering... i could send them with vol.2 of the "one love for chi" cd..

let me know. also - there have been a couple people who are mailing me things they want to send him.. since i can't give out the address to where he is.. i could forward what you would like to send him.. let me know via the 'contact' link on www.oneloveforchi.com..

one love for chi,
gina

pissedandpierced

"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

oneloveforchi

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Mar 29, 2009, 03:08 AM
Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 28, 2009, 07:26 PM
yepp.. but youre not a rockstar so noone will ever pay for you. that also means you and i are less worthy as people on the same planet

Everyone desevers healthcare... Let's not bicker, rather be quicker, stable, able and helpful.

how about we just move on and stick to what 13hrs said above?

one love for chi,
gina

jesusinabowlofdirt

well... hrm.. he said "_everyone_  deserves.. "