Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

letters for chi/ fundraiser/ update and prayers

Started by jv_, Nov 04, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidalgo

Quote from: bIondie on Mar 18, 2009, 05:06 PM
sorry, but i'm not donating anything until this is at least on deftones' official blog or their myspace.

just sayin'.
that would be a good place to promote this thing too. lots of people could see it there, & they could blog about it. so lots more people could help

oneloveforchi

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 18, 2009, 06:51 PM
Quote from: bIondie on Mar 18, 2009, 05:06 PM
sorry, but i'm not donating anything until this is at least on deftones' official blog or their myspace.

just sayin'.
that would be a good place to promote this thing too. lots of people could see it there, & they could blog about it. so lots more people could help

ya - i know. i just let chi's brother know to make that happen.. and i will call his mom about it tonight. i emailed chino about it too.
www.OneLoveForChi.com - Fundraising Site For Chi Cheng, Deftones Bass Player

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

wither-I

Quote from: oneloveforchi on Mar 18, 2009, 05:59 PM
Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 18, 2009, 05:50 PM
i dunno.... are the little man going to pay for rock stars hospital bills? they've been famous for like 20 years, surely there got to be some money somewhere else than in our wallets? will they pay for my bills if im injured? deftones and crew can sponsor these bills. drop eros and pay for it

read the post from ming, chi's brother. there is no money - just debt. the first hospital he was in was $2000 per day. the one he is in now is $400 a day... and that is just the room.. not including medical expenses. his wheel chair alone was over $6000.. the insurance has stopped paying. READ: http://oneloveforchi.blogspot.com/2009/03/sorry-about-weather.html

gina
woah a wheelchair!

can you update us more on his condition!?? this wold mean alot to the board!

"coming into the nearness of distance"

oneloveforchi

Quote from: wither-I on Mar 18, 2009, 07:21 PM

woah a wheelchair!

sure. well as you may have read from other posts our dear chi has been thru alot.. but he is a fighter.. and as his mom told me on the phone last night.. if he was meant to leave us it would have already happened. he has had progress although it is slow.. it is still progress. she (jeanne/mom) is sending me a "personal letter to everyone" that i will post everywhere i can. she isn't much into computers and lord knows she has enough to do - so i will be helping her in keeping everyone more frequently updated on how he is doing.

jeanne said that he responds really well to ming, chi's older brother. he can get chi to respond to requests to move, open eyes etc. the other day jeanne had to leave chi to go run some errands and she told him that she would be back but if he wanted her to stay a bit longer to open his eyes... and he opened his eyes. so he hears and understands. he has said 'mom' a few times. he has sat up in the bed and opened his eyes and looks right at her... so many little progressions... it will take time.. but we will be here to welcome him back.

so our prayers and well wishes are working...

i will post more here as i get news.

blessings,
gina

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

deftonekid

Quote from: oneloveforchi on Mar 18, 2009, 07:36 PM
jeanne said that he responds really well to ming, chi's older brother. he can get chi to respond to requests to move, open eyes etc. the other day jeanne had to leave chi to go run some errands and she told him that she would be back but if he wanted her to stay a bit longer to open his eyes... and he opened his eyes. so he hears and understands. he has said 'mom' a few times. he has sat up in the bed and opened his eyes and looks right at her... so many little progressions... it will take time.. but we will be here to welcome him back.

blessings,
gina
great news. my best wishes are always with him.

mr.sinister

Good news little improvements are what count right now. I'm gonna donate some cash as well.

wither-I

Quote from: oneloveforchi on Mar 18, 2009, 07:36 PM
Quote from: wither-I on Mar 18, 2009, 07:21 PM

woah a wheelchair!

sure. well as you may have read from other posts our dear chi has been thru alot.. but he is a fighter.. and as his mom told me on the phone last night.. if he was meant to leave us it would have already happened. he has had progress although it is slow.. it is still progress. she (jeanne/mom) is sending me a "personal letter to everyone" that i will post everywhere i can. she isn't much into computers and lord knows she has enough to do - so i will be helping her in keeping everyone more frequently updated on how he is doing.

blessings,
gina
amazing. this makes me smile. :)

"coming into the nearness of distance"

oneloveforchi

ya - it is amazing all that he has survived. his mom is soooo appreciative of all of us and our support/prayers. she is an amazing woman. so the next thing we want to do is start gathering recordings of everyone who wants to send a get well wish via voice and make a compilation CD so his mom and sister mae (equally amazing woman!) can play it for chi. i will let you all know when we start this and how you can submit your recordings.

i will keep you all posted.

blessings,
gina
http://www.myspace.com/ginablackmore

Nailec

just a mind-experiment.

what would happen if there was no money? would doctoes turn off all the things that keep him alive? what about the Hipporatic Oath?

its freaking murder if they do that.

mr.sinister

^ Nah that is illegal. They cant do that. But they still have to pay their medical expenses one way or the other.

oneloveforchi

Quote from: Nailec on Mar 18, 2009, 09:12 PM
just a mind-experiment.

what would happen if there was no money? would doctoes turn off all the things that keep him alive? what about the Hipporatic Oath?

its freaking murder if they do that.

right now chi only has a feeding tube.. that's it.

lithium

They won't turn anything off they'll transfer you to another hospital, one that is financed either by the state of the county. The family would then have to apply for some sort of state insurance, they're usually available for low income family and bums.  
💩

jesusinabowlofdirt

what do normal average joes do in america when something like this happen to them`? if rock stars aint got money for it, how will the normal american manage? they die?

shine down unshy

Damn..poor Chi.  You'd think that they'd have the money to pay for all that shit but they aren't a super popular band like U2 or something.  If I had money, I'd give it away to help Chi in a heartbeat.

lithium

They have money bro, he has to have some equity
💩

oneloveforchi

Quote from: lithium on Mar 18, 2009, 09:30 PM
They have money bro, he has to have some equity

read this from chi's brother ming.. chi is in debt: .......

the first hospital was $2000 a day - the next is now $400 a day.. that is just for his room. it's been coming up on 5 months. his insurance stopped paying awhile ago.

jesusinabowlofdirt

i hope bands who got big and rich by sounding like deftones and ripping their sound pay chi piles of money

oneloveforchi

Hi! (please pass this on everywhere you can once you read! Thanks!!!)

I've found a free, easy way to raise money for Chi Cheng, just by searching the web or shopping online.

is a search engine powered by Yahoo! Search and ....., the internet's first online shopping mall where a portion of each purchase is donated to your favorite cause.

See it for yourself at:

Here's what makes  so useful:
> It's free, fast, and easy-to-use
> The donation is $0.02 per qualified search (no hidden fees, no limits) PLEASE no fraudulent searches or they will remove our cause!
> Donation checks are sent every month
> You can keep track of your individual contributions
> If you shop online, up to 26% of each purchase via  also benefits this cause

Please give it a try! The numbers may seem small at first, but we all search the web hundreds of times every month, and our combined efforts can add up to real funds for a great cause. And since it's powered by  (a site that has been helping causes raise money online since 1997), we know it's not just a flash in the pan!

Thanks!
Gina

jesusinabowlofdirt

eeh... do u work for Yahoo Inc or something. this feels like advertisment

oneloveforchi

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 18, 2009, 11:07 PM
eeh... do u work for Yahoo Inc or something. this feels like advertisment

no i don't work for yahoo.. it isn't an ad for yahoo - it is a way for online fundraising for chi..