Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

letters for chi/ fundraiser/ update and prayers

Started by jv_, Nov 04, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmy666

I will pray for Chi. Please everyone else do the same

13hourstoparadise

Of course! :)

C'mon Chi, your family needs you, we need you...

defTHE1s

we're like your second family!
Head Up Chi!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

lithium

Far beyond a visible sign of your awakening
Hiding from some poisoned memory
💩

dawg

update from Jonah Matranga:

QuoteWent and saw Chi yesterday, sung into his ear quietly and held him. His limbs were being manipulated by a physical therapist. His mom, brother and a couple friends were there. He looked at me, it seemed. I sung him to sleep, he snored sweetly. He looked more alive than I thought he would. That was encouraging, sad and scary, all at once. I think it was a trick of perception. I have no idea where he is medically-speaking, but I'm pretty sure it's not good in the way we normally think of 'good'. Oh, life.

Jesus2Chino

Encouraging, sad, and scary. Pretty much sums up all the news we've been getting lately. Love you Chi, stay strong.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

pillswithwine

That was really sad.  I still can't believe this has happened.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: pillswithwine on Feb 24, 2009, 10:28 PM
That was really sad.  I still can't believe this has happened.

Yeah mang...  :-[

Hell_Tanner

Pretty much what Chi's mother said, it is back and forth between days where he seems to get better and making progress and others where his health and condition stagnate. This must be nerve wracking for the family.

White Pwny

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 
A Message From Chi's Mother - Jeanne
It hurt me to stop doing the updates and the daily deeds. It was such a simple thing and made the world a better place. I thank every lovely one of you for doing these good works for Chi and for all of us. Anyway, it was felt that I was getting too personal and I am still trying to get my web site up

About Chi

I don't want to paint a picture that is not what it is. I don't want to have anyone think things are rosier than they are. But we know that he is here for a reason and truly have faith that when his brain is healed, he will wake fully.

I will try to be more specific. These three months have been very difficult and it has been two steps forward and one step back. It has taken so much strength to beat pneumonia four times, collapsed lungs, numerous infections including meningitis, brain surgery.  shall I go on?

Your prayers and God's faithfulness are the biggest reason that he is still here and fighting. And he is starting to move his hands some of the time and his feet and legs some of the time. It is progress and he isn't giving up. And I do let him know daily that you all are praying and sending him love.

- Our love goes back to you, as always! Jeanne.

hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

defTHE1s

Quote from: White Pwny on Feb 25, 2009, 02:02 PM
These three months have been very difficult and it has been two steps forward and one step back. It has taken so much strength to beat pneumonia four times, collapsed lungs, numerous infections including meningitis, brain surgery.  shall I go on?

Your prayers and God's faithfulness are the biggest reason that he is still here and fighting. And he is starting to move his hands some of the time and his feet and legs some of the time. It is progress and he isn't giving up. And I do let him know daily that you all are praying and sending him love.

- Our love goes back to you, as always! Jeanne.

I've read this part before... thanks anyway!!... btw, where it was posted? deftones blog? myspace?

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

White Pwny

hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Timmy666

whodunit?

Martin

Good to read a new update, even if it's not as rosy indeed as everyone hopes. Still. Movement. Beating the sickness, the surfery. Hopefull.
Will continue to do the good deeds that we've got so far. Last week I gave some more clothes away. Got to keep the positive feel going.

mono

please chi, u can. praying for your health bro

BLUMPKIN

i kind of assumed that brain surgery had taken place on some level....but i had no clue he was dealing with all of those different infections, motherfucker is a fighter.  i'd think that one case of pneumonia while in a coma would be more than enough to take someone out and Chi has overcome it 4 TIMES!

something tells me that Chi has a purpose on this planet that hasn't been fulfilled yet

...keep up the fight and you'll pull through eventually bro

stoneFeD

love you chi.

you were always my favorite.

pissedandpierced

Last night wearing a seat belt saved my life, I was a passenger in my best friends car. We went round a county bend and the car lost control, the car swerved and spun round. The next thing I know is the car went on to a verge and rolled on to it's side which I was sitting on, my immediate thought was 'I'm going to die' as I saw a tree in front of us. I don't know if I blacked out but I can't remember the car landing back on it's wheel's. I saw my best mate move but I was too scared to look at him incase something had happened. The next thing was he placed his hand on my leg and looked at me in shocked and asked if I was ok. The side of the car was flattened, the window was smashed and so was the back window. The car door wouldn't open and I started to panic. The car is a write off. When the police, fire brigade and paramedics turned up, they were so shocked and suprised that we were ok and able to have walked away from it. My only injury is a achey neck. My best mate kept saying sorry and as the car rolled, he just saw my face next to the grass and the look on my face, but it wasn't his fault. The police think there was black ice on the road. It was a total freak accident and it feels so surreal. Just remember to wear a fucking seat belt.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Jacob

damn, I'm glad you and your friend are ok. sounds cary as hell...

I never get in a car without putting my seatbelt on. I  blame it on good parenting.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep