letters for chi/ fundraiser/ update and prayers

Started by jv_, Nov 04, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

What is considered a fraudulent search?

oneloveforchi

Quote from: defskull on Mar 18, 2009, 11:15 PM
What is considered a fraudulent search?

well if you sit there all day and try to abuse the system. if you just use it to search as you naturally would - that is fine. we earn .02 per search.. if everyone started doing this - over time it could rack up. every penny helps. and hell - we're searching the web anyway.. why not help a brother out?

www.OneLoveForChi.com - Fundraising Site For Chi Cheng, Deftones Bass Player

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

Sugartolove

Hi Gina (It's Pray for Chi 09/RX Queen)  - The site looks amazing already and I'm already addicted to checking the progress.. Sounds exciting with the t shirts, events, etc. Best of luck and let me know if there's anything else I can do <3

oneloveforchi

Record a Get Well Message for Chi Cheng!

All recordings we be manually reviewed. Once reviewed/approved we will make a
compilation CD for Jeanne, Chi's mother, to play for Chi.

[Maximum record time is 20 minutes but please try to keep them at about 5 minutes.]

Message to Chi Cheng Phone Number:
(214) 615-6044 ext 3028

Thanks,
Gina

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

devilinside

I'm gonna lock this thread until there is some sort of official notice. I know you're trying to do a nice thing and I'm sorry if you are indeed an honest person,but you just registered today and are asking for members money.  So get this published on the official board or myspace and we will open this up again no problem. :)

Thanks

Hell_Tanner

I'm a bit behind here, what site are you talking about?

devilinside

I had to delete the link until we got an official statement confirming this. But from my take,things are looking legit and we'll have it up soon.

bIondie

that was a smart move. even if the site is legit, many sharingtards are way too trusting.

Sugartolove

I agree you have to be careful, especially if somebody's asking for members' money. I completely understand that, especially with so much fraud going round.

But Gina is the real deal. I kinda know Chi's family a little through my Chi Myspace, and Gina is very close to the family. If you go to the website and read Ming's blog, you'll see that she is mentioned several times in his blog (Ming is Chi's older brother)

Jeanne, Chi's mom,  posted (on the Get Well soon Chi Cheng Card Myspace)  about the horrendous cost of his hospital bills. As of January 16 the insurance stopped paying. First hospital bill was $615000 and air ambulance alone is $42000. Hospital bed alone was $55000 in the last hospital.  I spoke to her (on the Get Well Soon Card) vaguely about setting up a website where fans could help donate money (March 1) and she was going to look into it. Then amazing Gina has gone above and beyond in organising a fantastic website. If you go on her Myspace, you'll see she is close friends with his closest family. I just thought I'd throw in my two cents - moderators obviously have to be vigilant, especially when money is concerned.

All I can say is that I see first hand how sweet his family is and how much our support means to them. I wish I could do more to help them out.
I donated money though, and when I'm not completely broke, I will donate more.

pissedandpierced

As I don't have to pay medical insurance, I know know much about it but why would the insurance stop?
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Martin

Chi's amazing family have set up a website for Chi, he is still in much needed medical care and if you can make any donation for him it will go a long way in helping him get better, I visit him every weekend and I know firsthand how insane his medical bills are, unfortunately health insurance in this country doesnt go a long way when you have a serious health issue, so please check out the site, www.oneloveforchi.com and you can read about his progress and what you can do to help. Also if you have some free time in the day please send some positive energy his way, he is an amazing person and the more we can send positive vibes his way the sooner we can have him back stronger than ever..thank you..
love you cheng!!
Jeff Irwin and the will haven crew

Taken from a MySpace bulletin.

devilinside

I'll contribute next week. :)

oneloveforchi

thanks guys... appreciate you helping in getting the word out.

there are some new blogs from the family on the site too.

blessings,
gina
http://www.oneloveforchi.com

oneloveforchi

Quote from: Sugartolove on Mar 20, 2009, 07:17 AM
I agree you have to be careful, especially if somebody's asking for members' money. I completely understand that, especially with so much fraud going round.

But Gina is the real deal. I kinda know Chi's family a little through my Chi Myspace, and Gina is very close to the family. If you go to the website and read Ming's blog, you'll see that she is mentioned several times in his blog (Ming is Chi's older brother)

Jeanne, Chi's mom,  posted (on the Get Well soon Chi Cheng Card Myspace)  about the horrendous cost of his hospital bills. As of January 16 the insurance stopped paying. First hospital bill was $615000 and air ambulance alone is $42000. Hospital bed alone was $55000 in the last hospital.  I spoke to her (on the Get Well Soon Card) vaguely about setting up a website where fans could help donate money (March 1) and she was going to look into it. Then amazing Gina has gone above and beyond in organising a fantastic website. If you go on her Myspace, you'll see she is close friends with his closest family. I just thought I'd throw in my two cents - moderators obviously have to be vigilant, especially when money is concerned.

All I can say is that I see first hand how sweet his family is and how much our support means to them. I wish I could do more to help them out.
I donated money though, and when I'm not completely broke, I will donate more.

thanks so much for your kind words. your support means so much. chi is a sweetheart and deserves our support. this is karma in action. chi has always done for others.. now we do for him.

also thanks for helping get the word out on the oneloveforchi.com site. you are awesome!

take care.
gina

Martin

Much, much thanks for doing this Gina: setting it up, keeping us informed. Good thing.

EDIT: Just donated a bit.

oneloveforchi

no problem. chi is worth it

thanks so much for the donation.

i will be posting an update from chi's mom soon.

one love for chi,
gina
http://www.oneloveforchi.com

Martin

Cool, thanks.
And you're right, Chi's worth it for sure.

Hell_Tanner

Great posts by Jeanne and Chi's brother on the blog. It's good to know Chi is partially awake (I didn't know that could be possible by the way) and making progress.

Sam Cassel

Hi, just registered to post this.

Gina, its really nice what you're doing. I've been a fan since Adrenaline, and it feels like this happened to an old friend or something. Keep your spirit up, no matter what. People here are understandably skeptical, the internet being what it is(meaning anyone can claim to be anything), but I'm sure it'll work out as awareness spreads. I'll give a bit.

ValleyGirl

Hey there Gina~

It's Jude from Myspace.  Love and appreciate all the hard work you are doing to get the word out about this amazing new site.  I have already donated and will continue to as much as possible.

Chi is such a special and unique person that I'm sure many others will follow with similar support.

It's sad that people have such little faith in things these days but I guess that's nothing more than a sign of the times.  Please know that those of us who care about Chi and his family will continue to support this cause in any way possible.

Please let me know if there is anything you need from me.  I am here for you!

Much love,

Jude

www.oneloveforchi.com
I am merely a vessel who flows the rivers of emotion belonging to every suffering soul.