Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

letters for chi/ fundraiser/ update and prayers

Started by jv_, Nov 04, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deftones-argentina

Just as a reminder to the sharing lungers, you should take into account that the 2 pennies per search will end when april begins. From that point, only a penny will be donated. So hurry to do as much searches as you can now, to make it more effective.

oneloveforchi

Quote from: ValleyGirl on Mar 22, 2009, 03:07 PM
Hey there Gina~

It's Jude from Myspace.  Love and appreciate all the hard work you are doing to get the word out about this amazing new site.  I have already donated and will continue to as much as possible.

Chi is such a special and unique person that I'm sure many others will follow with similar support.

It's sad that people have such little faith in things these days but I guess that's nothing more than a sign of the times.  Please know that those of us who care about Chi and his family will continue to support this cause in any way possible.

Please let me know if there is anything you need from me.  I am here for you!

Much love,

Jude

www.oneloveforchi.com

judy thanks so much. don't worry about the haters... they have to hate on something. just focus on the good and the positive. i appreciate everything you do and so do the cheng's.

thanks for your donation.. it is going to help with getting chi the additional therapy he needs to help him thru his recovery.

one love for chi,
gina
www.OneLoveForChi.com - Fundraising Site For Chi Cheng, Deftones Bass Player

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

oneloveforchi

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Mar 22, 2009, 03:26 PM
Just as a reminder to the sharing lungers, you should take into account that the 2 pennies per search will end when april begins. From that point, only a penny will be donated. So hurry to do as much searches as you can now, to make it more effective.

thanks so much for this reminder. you would be surprised how much pennies can add up when you are working in large numbers. thanks to all of you that are helping with this. make sure to install the http://www.iSearchiGive.com/oneloveforchi toolbar.. it makes it easy to make sure he gets the .02 donation every time you search.

one love for chi,
gina

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

oneloveforchi

Quote from: Sam Cassel on Mar 22, 2009, 01:08 PM
Hi, just registered to post this.

Gina, its really nice what you're doing. I've been a fan since Adrenaline, and it feels like this happened to an old friend or something. Keep your spirit up, no matter what. People here are understandably skeptical, the internet being what it is(meaning anyone can claim to be anything), but I'm sure it'll work out as awareness spreads. I'll give a bit.

thanks sam... i appreciate that. and thank you for your donation.. the cheng family is so very grateful to all that have donated.

keep spreading the love.

one love for chi,
gina
www.oneloveforchi.com

oneloveforchi

This has been a difficult time since Chi was injured four months ago. He remains in a coma and is slowly waking up. The entire Cheng family would like to take this opportunity to extend our tremendous gratitude for the worldwide outpouring of prayers, love and support. You have opened your hearts and have been the blessings that have made our situation bearable. Your kind words, shared stories, doing the "good deed of the day" (which I would love to start again), and most of all your prayers for Chi have kept us from feeling alone or helpless. There have been so many faces and names that would always show up when I could get to a computer. It was like going home to see you sharing and caring.

There are so many special people to thank for so many kindnesses. Jeff Irwin from WillHaven asked me about doing some benefit shows. He and his wife, Alice, along with many great bands shared their time, energy and talent. In response to the questions of why a rock star would need benefit show money, let me say that not all successful people are rich and even rich doesn't always last forever. When Chi is fully awake, we hope that he won't care that his dream home went back to the bank, his dog got given away, his health insurance quit paying for hospital care after a month and a half and life might take much more effort and some relearning. We in his family think that he will have some challenges and a lot of new insight and stories to share.

It is pretty clear that he goes in and out of his coma. Many days he seems just tired or maybe sad. Other days he will open his eyes, looking around startled, seeming not to know where he is, then finally after we talk to him , he relaxes and goes back to sleep or just looks at us. He has said "mom" to me several times. That is a huge thing. It means that he can see and recognize me, he remembers, he can think of the word that matches the image, and can verbalize it properly. It actually takes so many steps for the brain to do that simple thing.

I owe an apology to everyone who asked for an update and didn't get one. Other than the obvious time spent with Chi, which usually meant no computer access, there were other situations to deal with. There has been relocating, which I need to do again this month. There has been insurance to fight with. There has been a rude legal battle to win the right to make medical and care decisions for Chi until he is fully awake. Thankfully, other than another move, all of my energy can go where it should again..

Many of you, in and out of the U.S. have made offers of help. It is very appreciated! And then there's Gina Blackmore. When she heard about the (roughly $750,000.) unpaid medical expenses, she just jumped on in and set up the OneLoveForChi.com and asked us to look at it. It is a great place for us to blog, people to share ideas and she set it up to assist us with whatever the need is. I mention this because I want there to be no misunderstanding about funds that are coming in. The money will go directly into a separate account set up for where the money most needs to go. That may be for part of his hospital room or for his extra physical therapy, but wherever it is distributed, I will be accountable to you. You can all know where it is spent. And be assured that is will be used with care and respect for the fact that all of it is someones hard earned income and shared with trust. Thank you to those who have contributed and, in advance, to anyone who feels inclined to. It amazes me how many people Chi has touched. You are all family to me and I love how you love my son! I will get back to updating on a regular basis. Look for updates on OneLoveForChi.com or the "Get Well Chi Cheng Card" on MySpace.

With Much Respect and ONE LOVE,

Chi and Jeanne and the Cheng Gang

Keep posted on more updates at www.oneloveforchi.com

oneloveforchi

This has been a difficult time since Chi was injured four months ago. He remains in a coma and is slowly waking up. The entire Cheng family would like to take this opportunity to extend our tremendous gratitude for the worldwide outpouring of prayers, love and support. You have opened your hearts and have been the blessings that have made our situation bearable. Your kind words, shared stories, doing the "good deed of the day" (which I would love to start again), and most of all your prayers for Chi have kept us from feeling alone or helpless. There have been so many faces and names that would always show up when I could get to a computer. It was like going home to see you sharing and caring.

There are so many special people to thank for so many kindnesses. Jeff Irwin from WillHaven asked me about doing some benefit shows. He and his wife, Alice, along with many great bands shared their time, energy and talent. In response to the questions of why a rock star would need benefit show money, let me say that not all successful people are rich and even rich doesn't always last forever. When Chi is fully awake, we hope that he won't care that his dream home went back to the bank, his dog got given away, his health insurance quit paying for hospital care after a month and a half and life might take much more effort and some relearning. We in his family think that he will have some challenges and a lot of new insight and stories to share.

It is pretty clear that he goes in and out of his coma. Many days he seems just tired or maybe sad. Other days he will open his eyes, looking around startled, seeming not to know where he is, then finally after we talk to him , he relaxes and goes back to sleep or just looks at us. He has said "mom" to me several times. That is a huge thing. It means that he can see and recognize me, he remembers, he can think of the word that matches the image, and can verbalize it properly. It actually takes so many steps for the brain to do that simple thing.

I owe an apology to everyone who asked for an update and didn't get one. Other than the obvious time spent with Chi, which usually meant no computer access, there were other situations to deal with. There has been relocating, which I need to do again this month. There has been insurance to fight with. There has been a rude legal battle to win the right to make medical and care decisions for Chi until he is fully awake. Thankfully, other than another move, all of my energy can go where it should again..

Many of you, in and out of the U.S. have made offers of help. It is very appreciated! And then there's Gina Blackmore. When she heard about the (roughly $750,000.) unpaid medical expenses, she just jumped on in and set up the OneLoveForChi.com and asked us to look at it. It is a great place for us to blog, people to share ideas and she set it up to assist us with whatever the need is. I mention this because I want there to be no misunderstanding about funds that are coming in. The money will go directly into a separate account set up for where the money most needs to go. That may be for part of his hospital room or for his extra physical therapy, but wherever it is distributed, I will be accountable to you. You can all know where it is spent. And be assured that is will be used with care and respect for the fact that all of it is someones hard earned income and shared with trust. Thank you to those who have contributed and, in advance, to anyone who feels inclined to. It amazes me how many people Chi has touched. You are all family to me and I love how you love my son! I will get back to updating on a regular basis. Look for updates on OneLoveForChi.com or the "Get Well Chi Cheng Card" on MySpace.

oneloveforchi

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Martin

Just wondering, there now are various ways to send messages, talks, conversations, thoughts, prayers and love to Chi (via Deftones's blogspot, MySpace, various boards and for this one in particular, this thread and the letters to Chi thread as well as the new oneloveforchi website and blog): does that all get compiled at does it all end up with Chi? Or is it better to use one specific way to send all good things his way?

ValleyGirl

Just dropping by to wish everyone a great week ahead and to ask a favor of you. Please help support Chi by leaving a message at the following site. I know how much the Deftones have meant to my life and I know what they mean to you. Chi is surely part of that picture, so if you could spare 5 minutes and show some support, I think it would help Chi and his family in more ways than you can imagine. Thanks to all Def fans and please keep Chi in your thoughts and prayers.

Record a Get Well Message for Chi Cheng!

All recordings we be manually reviewed. Once reviewed/approved we will make a compilation CD for Jeanne, Chi's mother, to play for Chi.

Please go to www.oneloveforchi.com and follow the instructions to record your message to Chi.

Please keep these messages coming in! We will soon have enough to publish the CD for Chi!

Your message will be kept private and will not be posted on any related sites.

One love for Chi
I am merely a vessel who flows the rivers of emotion belonging to every suffering soul.

ValleyGirl

Just dropping by to wish everyone a great week ahead and to ask a favor of you. Please help support Chi by leaving a message at the following site. I know how much the Deftones have meant to my life and I know what they mean to you. Chi is surely part of that picture, so if you could spare 5 minutes and show some support, I think it would help Chi and his family in more ways than you can imagine. Thanks to all Def fans and please keep Chi in your thoughts and prayers.

Record a Get Well Message for Chi Cheng!

All recordings we be manually reviewed. Once reviewed/approved we will make a compilation CD for Jeanne, Chi's mother, to play for Chi.

Please go to www.oneloveforchi.com and follow the instructions to record your message to Chi.

Please keep these messages coming in! We will soon have enough to publish the CD for Chi!

Your message will be kept private and will not be posted on any related sites.
I am merely a vessel who flows the rivers of emotion belonging to every suffering soul.

oneloveforchi

Quote from: Tuck on Mar 22, 2009, 07:10 PM
Just wondering, there now are various ways to send messages, talks, conversations, thoughts, prayers and love to Chi (via Deftones's blogspot, MySpace, various boards and for this one in particular, this thread and the letters to Chi thread as well as the new oneloveforchi website and blog): does that all get compiled at does it all end up with Chi? Or is it better to use one specific way to send all good things his way?

hi tuck,

i can assure you that on the one love for chi website we are compiling all of the names, contact info and messages of those who have donated to give to chi... and also the voice recorded messages for chi are being compiled now.. i have about 15 minutes worth so far - i need more because i would like to make it longer. also, i know that jeanne, chi's mom, has said before that she would show him the get well card myspace pages that have been made for him.. and she has read him some of the messages from there..

one love for chi,
gina
www.oneloveforchi.com

Martin

Hey Gina, thanks for the info. Thinking about recording a message.

Hidalgo

Gina, are deftones gonna put the banner graphic for oneloveforchi.com up on their myspace? cause i think that would raise a lot more money. i dunno if they cant do it cause their label, or something dumb like that, but if they can they need to

pissedandpierced

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 23, 2009, 04:41 PM
Gina, are deftones gonna put the banner graphic for oneloveforchi.com up on their mysapce? cause i think that would raise a lot more money. i dunno if they cant do it cause their label, or something dumb like that, but if they can they need to

Warner in the UK are sending the press release out to regional press and radio.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Martin

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Mar 23, 2009, 04:57 PM
Gina, are deftones gonna put the banner graphic for oneloveforchi.com up on their mysapce? cause i think that would raise a lot more money. i dunno if they cant do it cause their label, or something dumb like that, but if they can they need to

Good. That will probably help quite a bit.

schwab

Gina, i just tried to send you a PM but it seems that your inbox is full....my message is in regards to a project im workin on, and in which i am in need of an image you have
thanks
schwab

pissedandpierced

"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

oneloveforchi

Gina, are deftones gonna put the banner graphic for oneloveforchi.com up on their myspace? cause i think that would raise a lot more money. i dunno if they cant do it cause their label, or something dumb like that, but if they can they need to

chi's mom is getting in touch with them about it.

one love for chi,
gina

oneloveforchi

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Mar 23, 2009, 04:57 PM

thanks so much for your help! it is so very appreciated.

one love for chi,
gina