Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UrZ*

Quote from: geraavl08 on Nov 27, 2013, 02:24 AM

Orange Amps just posted this on their Instagram, "Stef with #Deftones wanted everyone to know his Fractal tone is way better now with his Orange cabs"....
Could they be working on new material already??

Good post, the cymbals are meinl, not zildjian. So it looks like it's not with Abe! Maybe  sol invicto?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

DeftonesNZ

I saw an interview with Abe where he said he uses all sorts of drum brands in studio but his live kits are limited to his endorsed brands so that could still be Abe.

UrZ*

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 08, 2013, 01:54 AM
I saw an interview with Abe where he said he uses all sorts of drum brands in studio but his live kits are limited to his endorsed brands so that could still be Abe.

Yeah drums, not cymbals. He uses different brand snares mainly. OCDP (used that on WP, S/T a lot too). But cymbals are Zildjian and hardware is probably only Tama. And for the most recent albums you can see him with the same kit as live..
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

luisch

This is the new Stef home studio gear
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

geraavl08

digital bath

Quote from: geraavl08 on Dec 12, 2013, 03:01 AM
http://deftones.shop.bravadousa.com/Dept.aspx?cp=13200_30422

Get yer Chino sox

Waht's the difference between chino sox and the skater socks beside the price?
These are exactly the same right?

geraavl08

It says "Chino" on the inside of the sock

digital bath

Twice the price for f#ing "Chino" inside, this is retarded

nicklav

Bought a pair for the gf. She said she wanted socks for Christmas. She gets Chino socks.

tarkil

So a "funny" thing happened to me during my holidays in Paris.
I was eating at this kinda nameless restaurant which we picked for the sole reason so it was still open at 10pm.

And suddenly, I start hearing Bored playing in the background... And then Minus Blindfold, etc. : they played all Adrenaline until Fist, while there were customers, etc.
I'm talking about a completely normal looking restaurant, not at all looking metal friendly ! Very surprising (and awesome !!!).

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Penicks

it's great when that happens, i was at a pretty fancy restaurant on a holiday a while back with my girl and they were playing classical music and when they brought our starters suddenly 'fuck you gently' from tenacious d popped up, classical music continued afterwards

Romain

Quote from: tarkil on Jan 07, 2014, 07:13 AM
I was eating at this kinda nameless restaurant which we picked for the sole reason so it was still open at 10pm.

And suddenly, I start hearing Bored playing in the background... And then Minus Blindfold, etc. : they played all Adrenaline until Fist, while there were customers, etc.
I'm talking about a completely normal looking restaurant, not at all looking metal friendly ! Very surprising (and awesome !!!).

Putain mais... c'est génial ! C'était quoi, comme resto ?

Penicks

Crazylegs

I don't know if you've already seen this, but i figured some of you might enjoy seeing deftones on this list. http://noisecreep.com/best-hard-rock-riffs-of-the-2000s/?123

The list is totally ridiculous though.

ignore the fashion

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jan 11, 2014, 07:31 PM
I don't know if you've already seen this, but i figured some of you might enjoy seeing deftones on this list. http://noisecreep.com/best-hard-rock-riffs-of-the-2000s/?123

The list is totally ridiculous though.

They suggest checking out Elite and say its off of Saturday Night Wrist. Someone didn't do their homework.

tarkil

Quote from: Romain on Jan 11, 2014, 01:57 PM
Quote from: tarkil on Jan 07, 2014, 07:13 AM

Putain mais... c'est génial ! C'était quoi, comme resto ?

Yeah, crazy !!    :)
I had to go talk to the guys behind the bar, just to congratulate them on their taste...   ;D
It was called "Pick Clops"...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Inkblades

pinata89

Quote from: Inkblades on Jan 13, 2014, 08:53 AM
http://www.rockinrollsatx.com/menu.html

That is freaking badass.  Will def check that place out next time I'm in Austin.

976-EVIL

One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

EsauLP

Hi guys! Check it out. Format: CD, Album, Club Edition . Anybody knows what that mean?