Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Yes, you're right. TheCyndicate made this thread, so you did a Google search on his name + Deftones, which brought up his thoughts on the incorrect lyrics to Lifter. I agree with you 100%.

;D

people are people

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 15, 2017, 04:15 AM
Yes, you're right. TheCyndicate made this thread, so you did a Google search on his name + Deftones, which brought up his thoughts on the incorrect lyrics to Lifter. I agree with you 100%.

;D

Yes, I'm right. TheCyndicate made this thread," Re: Any Deftones songs related to Pizzagate type issues? " , So I did a Google search on deftones-lifter, because some sites says:
"Watch me, with your eyes,
Been giving god, a pedophile"

And

"which brought up his thoughts on the incorrect lyrics to Lifter."

He says :

"Guys, AGAIN the Lyrics are ALL wrong, all of them!!!
I will post the real ones and then follow up with what I personally think the song means. I want to point out that I perform this song on a normal basis and it holds important meaning to me."

Inkblades

Actually, a user named deftonesgrl made the comment that the lyrics were wrong. Then TheCyndicate agreed with her that the site got the lyrics wrong, but that he still thinks the song is about a pedophile. Even though Chino doesn't sing the word pedophile, TheCyndicate is of course allowed to make whatever interpretation about Lifter's meaning that he wants.

I found it very coincidental that you saw him make a thread about Pizzagate and Lifter was the first thing that popped into your head (being that the TheCyndicate's initial post doesn't mention Lifter at all), and then you turned up with a post with this link with an old comment of his after he asked what was "out there' about his pizzagate post....BUT I guess if everyone thought the lyric to Lifter was pedophile, I guess it makes sense? Kind of? I never thought the lyric was pedophile, personally, so that's why the whole thing threw me for a loop.

You know what? I don't even know what's going on in this thread anymore, but whatever it is, it's fucking hilarious. SharingLungs, everybody. Good times.

people are people

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 15, 2017, 04:47 AM
Actually, a user named deftonesgrl made the comment that the lyrics were wrong. Then TheCyndicate agreed with her that the site got the lyrics wrong, but that he still thinks the song is about a pedophile. Even though Chino doesn't sing the word pedophile, TheCyndicate is of course allowed to make whatever interpretation about Lifter's meaning that he wants.

I found it very coincidental that you saw him make a thread about Pizzagate and Lifter was the first thing that popped into your head (being that the TheCyndicate's initial post doesn't mention Lifter at all), and then you turned up with a post with this link with an old comment of his after he asked what was "out there' about his pizzagate post....BUT I guess if everyone thought the lyric to Lifter was pedophile, I guess it makes sense? Kind of? I never thought the lyric was pedophile, personally, so that's why the whole thing threw me for a loop.

You know what? I don't even know what's going on in this thread anymore, but whatever it is, it's fucking hilarious. SharingLungs, everybody. Good times.

Yeah, Lifter was the first thing that popped into my head. Because, I always read the lyrics. And if you do a Google search on deftones-lifter, maybe 88%, or it appears that there are a large number of sites, the majority of ... it is often  'Been giving god, a pedophile'!! Very strange. BUT on the one hand, I understand your point.

ANattyRat

Deftones have been pretty quiet lately. I think it's time for some news.

LG95

I think it's about time they started playing 976-EVIL live.
I could float here forever

snw9

This is for anyone who wants to play Deftones songs:

"Sound Like Deftones - Without Busting The Bank"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GQPzrRBuMk
Code: [Select]

Uptown

Disrespect Chi with that bass line...

boogabear123

Here
Take a gander at this

"Moderation

It is the intent of Sharing Lung's moderators to be fair and keep these boards civil without lessening the enjoyment of Sharing Lung's members.If you have any suggestions, complaints or thoughts on the moderation process or of a moderators specific actions please either PM the mod or feel free to start a thread in the "Suggestions, Comments and Help" section of the forum.

Raising moderation issues or complaints is disallowed in any other section."

The rules and guidelines section is a really helpful place fyi

Penicks

it's 2017 and people care about moderation on a dead bbs forum

feels comfy mang

Vesanic

Messages regarding the pizzagate thread issue were removed. For the record, I moved the thread here because of the argument it turned into and the irrelevance (perhaps relative) of the topic. TheCyndicate, PM me if you want to discuss the issue.

On to the next random Deftones talk: ATF 20 years in less than two months. I hope the metal press blows up with articles about it like it did for Korn's debut. Hoping for an anniversary set although it's absolutely unlikely.

I wish they'd just book a world small club/bar tour with no phones policies. Ah, man.

LG95

I could float here forever

boogabear123

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 22, 2017, 03:00 AM
I wish they'd just book a world small club/bar tour with no phones policies. Ah, man.

I watched the whole Woodstock Sessions of Team Sleep, and that was some pure quality stuff.
Now if Deftones did something similar, small audience in a small studio, that would be a once in a lifetime chance to be that close to them seeing them play and I would do everything in my power to see that. Especially if there was a no phone policy! Would be an amazing experience.

kurtone

Inkblades

Good Morning Beautiful sounds delicious. Like how they picked a lesser known (and underrated) deep cut for fall.

Deadradio

I'm on my second order of Phantom Bride IPA. Very good beer. Haven't tried the Swerve City yet. Looking forward to the 2 new ones.

elite54

Swerve City is awesome. I like it more than PB.

BewareTheWater

Haven't tried either of em  :(

Uptown

Quote from: LG95 on Aug 14, 2017, 04:46 PM
Quote from: Uptown on Aug 14, 2017, 02:47 AM
Quote from: LG95 on Aug 14, 2017, 01:48 AM
So many strange people on here.

The comfort zone is the great enemy to creativity. I'd rather be a little strange than all bored, Just as mind is a fountain of unspoken words,
the universe is a womb of wonder, strange worlds. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.
There's good strange and bad strange though.

Yeah. Pedophiles involved with elite weirdos. Bad strange.