Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lungdamage

goon squad sounds cool

xToxin

Yeah it's pretty cool

Caín

DAT LYRICS:

"The sky is falling down, the night is calling you, a star is burnin out, the sky belongs to you"

Caín

from_musings

"Romantic dreams has grunge guitars - Not much metal"? heavy and melodic at the same time, Romantic dreams would make a perfect single. One of the best songs on the album."

i actually was under the impression that it was a typical non-single song,and that was angry and chaotic. single material, wtf?

chuckles

Quote from: Caín on Oct 31, 2012, 03:04 PM
DAT LYRICS:

"The sky is falling down, the night is calling you, a star is burnin out, the sky belongs to you"
n~~~~~~oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Caín

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 31, 2012, 03:06 PM
"Romantic dreams has grunge guitars - Not much metal"? heavy and melodic at the same time, Romantic dreams would make a perfect single. One of the best songs on the album."

i actually was under the impression that it was typical non-single song,and that was angry and chaotic. single material, wtf?

All dreams squashed.

glassdomino

"I can not stand so I expect this album! I am sending fireballs there!"

lungdamage

they seem portray gauze more like that in this review

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Caín on Oct 31, 2012, 03:04 PM
DAT LYRICS:

i loved that line aswell i imagine it's done with some cool multitracking so like as one part of the vocals is fading out next part will come in and overlap it abit ,that would sound pretty cool.  The repetition also reminds me abit of Digital Bath and one of my favourite bit of lyrics "You breathed ,then you stopped ,i breathed ,then dried you off" same sort of structure and repetition with the breathed part and the sky bit

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: Usurper on Oct 31, 2012, 02:26 PM
Quote from: xToxin on Oct 31, 2012, 12:31 PM
Hm. They didn't like it as much as Diamond Eyes. . . ?

I can see why. In comparison, diamond eyes will be considered a heavier album. If heavy is your thing, you'll like DE better. If atmospheric is your thing, KNY will be king.

If it is softer than DE I will not listen to it.

gwenudo

if im not mistaken the reviewer said the outro to rosemary does continue on to goon squad :3 btw i only know a little french .. anyone care to maybe translate it all into english or even spanish?
Was it like it seemed?...

m1nusblindfoLd

Fuck slow Deftones songs a la Cherry Waves, Xerces, and Sextape...they make me want to kill myself. They better not waste album space with shit like that.

lungdamage

i just used google translator, in google chrome

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: glassdomino on Oct 31, 2012, 03:07 PM
"I can not stand so I expect this album! I am sending fireballs there!"

LMAO

gwenudo

Quote from: lungdamage on Oct 31, 2012, 03:16 PM
i just used google translator, in google chrome

i would do the same but im on my tablet in class..
Was it like it seemed?...

Sett

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Oct 31, 2012, 03:16 PM
Fuck slow Deftones songs a la Cherry Waves, Xerces, and Sextape...they make me want to kill myself. They better not waste album space with shit like that.
GTFO

Change_Lestat

God... I can't wait, it's so close, but it's so far at the same time... Romantic Dreams seems so good.
"I put my life on the line for you... So why did you say goodbye to me?"  The Wretched - Attack! Attack!

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Oct 31, 2012, 03:16 PM
You can guarantee there will be some slow ones it's just their style pretty much all their albums have some slow stuff it's part of the reason their still around

from_musings

i'm glad that the claps was still in poltergesit, i dug those  :)
first four seem quite heavy.. entomed soft as fuck.. and "graphic nature, calm but heavy as a steamroller" ^