Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallZDeeP

Someone told you or you "heard"

stuka

Quote from: The Chauffer on Oct 31, 2012, 04:37 PM
Can someone post the translated review?
Yeah i could (i'm french) but i do not have the time right now. I'm sure somebody else will do it. But the review is cool. At the end, the guy said that it's the best Deftones album since Around The Fur. You may disagree with him but the upcoming album sounds too good. I preorder the hole thing but hope it leaks soon.
face teh load.

Caín

Motherfuckers should stop posting bullshit.

defsteve

http://musique.jeuxactu.com/news-deftones-chronique-de-koi-no-yokan-13161.htm

Translation

01.Swerve City

With "Bored", "My Own Summer", "Hexagram" and "Hole In The Earth" Deftones has always treated his debut album (never intro to bite me the node to initiate hostilities). Koi No Yokan no exception to the rule. "Sweve City" is a model of efficiency that immediately immerses the listener in the heart of the matter. Early versions of the tracklist announced "Swerve City" track number 4, but much good has taken the group to reverse with "Poltergeist": "Swerve City" is the title ideal for Koi No Yokan open.

02. Romantic Dreams

The second piece of Koi No Yokan starts on agreements grunge guitars almost before the machine is racing fast enough. The pre-chorus is off the piece that actually flew on the chorus ("I'm hypnotized by your name, I wish this night Would never end"). Not very metal, but heavy and melodic at the same time, "Romantic Dreams" would make a perfect single. One of the best songs on the album.

03. Leathers

Intro quiet disturbing hints of guitars for 40 seconds ... And boom! Big attack in the face! " Leathers "sends the sauce like in the good old days, at the time Chino Moreno still needed a belt to tie his baggy. If all group members avoisinent now forty, this kind of song proves they have not lost the spirit of their youth.

04. Poltergeist

Initially called "Roller Derby", " Poltergeist "is the title of the most straight forward drive. Guitar Stephen Carpenter is omniprésentre on this song that can make you think "Elite" on White Pony (2000) or "Rats! Rats! Rats!" on Saturday Night Wrist (2006), but with a chorus much more convincing than the afore-mentioned two pieces. With claps and placed at the beginning of the break, " Poltergeist "should be a hit live.

05. Entombed

After the storm, the calm. Unlike the Swedish death metal band of the same name, " Entombed "is the first mid-tempo Koi No Yokan . First breath after which imposes almost four titles clearly falls within. Chino Moreno raises his voice for this song, which is close to the spirit of " Sextape "on Diamond Eyes (" Blessed inside, Safe and sound, Shades of colors and all I've seen, Shapes and colors of all I feel ").

06. Graphic Nature

The machine restarts with " Graphic Nature ", a title groove ultra-catchy. The pace is slow, but never wavered. " Graphic Nature "had the effect of a steamroller that pushes everything in its path for 4'30" (" Everytime you do it, I'm on fire "). cruiser ideal for the title at night with all his friends in a convertible on Sunset Boulevard (or the device 205, your choice).

07. Tempest

Six minutes and five seconds " Tempest "is not the longest track on the disc (" Rosemary "displays almost 7 minutes), but it is a long time since the group reworked and halved his song" Pink Maggit "(7'38'') into a single four-minute radio request of the label (" Back To School "on White Pony ). " Tempest "is undoubtedly the least obvious single directory Deftones , but the chorus is catchy nonetheless.

08. Gauze

The intro of " Gauze "is short it is brutal. After mouthing punch, verse slows the pace. The chorus is an opportunity for Chino Moreno mount in acute before the riff comes back early to put one layer. " Gauze "is a song that plays a lot with rhythm breaks and ends with a fade out a bit called.

09. Rosemary

First song Koi No Yokan announced at a concert on the premises of Warner Music in July, " Rosemary "is one of the best tracks on this disc which has a dozen (do the math, there are eleven songs). In the style of "Beware" on Saturday Night Wrist , " Rosemary "is a totally captivating piece that drags on for our pleasure. The song ends with a beautiful outro guitar. A must!

10. Goon Squad

In the continuity of the outro of "Rosemary", " Goon Squad "restarts quietly before exploding without warning (the intro is made ​​in the same mold as" Combat "on Saturday Night Wrist ). Chino Moreno was hoarse as he was 15 years younger on the verse. After listening to ten songs, the observation can be made ​​about himself: Koi No Yokan is the best album Deftones since Around The Fur (1997). No more, no less.

11. What Happened To You?

While the intro to the battery could foreshadow a final slap to the "Around The Fur" (song), Koi No Yokan closes in on title rather quiet. " What happened to you? " back down the tension with his verse almost nonchalant. The chorus (" The sky is falling down, the night is calling you, a star is burnin out, the sky belongs to you ") is finally launching this song turns out to be the most surprising of the disc.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

SquealLikeaPig

from_musings

translate it yourself numb nut. first day on earth?

tawny

you guys missed that there is an extra track between Goon Squad and What Happened To You? according to that track by track.  It lists the last track as 12 and also alludes to an extra track.

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: defsteve on Oct 31, 2012, 04:48 PM
at the time Chino Moreno still needed a belt to tie his baggy

LMAO

stuka

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 31, 2012, 04:49 PM

if you want to insult everybody /b/ is still alive you fuck.
face teh load.

defsteve

Quote from: tawny on Oct 31, 2012, 04:50 PM
you guys missed that there is an extra track between Goon Squad and What Happened To You? according to that track by track.  It lists the last track as 12 and also alludes to an extra track.

Nah. Track 1 was the overall impression of the album. Tracks 2-12 are the individual song reviews......

defsteve

The review is translated above.

The Chauffer

Thanks Defsteve...I wanted to read it, but my work computer is blocking the site. Thanks!

Drummerboy_123

Quote from: defsteve on Oct 31, 2012, 04:54 PM

Album needs to leak, people are getting frisky now.
The sky is falling down
The night is calling you
A star is burning out
The sky belongs to you

What Happened to You? <3

stuka

You

You forgot the retard.
face teh load.

from_musings

Quote from: stuka on Oct 31, 2012, 05:00 PM
You

You forgot the retard.

it doesn't change anything, the chauffeur is still a lazy spoiled baby that wants everything handed to him. why do you want the "retard", i thought you were against "insults" make up your mind ;)

stuka

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 31, 2012, 05:02 PM
You

You forgot the retard.

it doesn't change anything, the chauffeur is still a lazy spoiled baby that wants everything handed to him. why do you want the "retard", i thought you were against "insults" make up your mind ;)
Yeah, but it's just that retard was in the original post of defsteve... :)
face teh load.

gwenudo

Can you just stfu musings and GTFO all you do is insult everyone and never have anything positive to say .. just please stfu for ONCE
Was it like it seemed?...

from_musings

Quote from: stuka on Oct 31, 2012, 05:06 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Oct 31, 2012, 05:02 PM
You

You forgot the retard.

Yeah, but it's just that retard was in the original post of defsteve... :)

yeah i know, i saw that shit lol

from_musings

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Oct 31, 2012, 05:08 PM

Can you just stfu musings and GTFO all you do is insult everyone and never have anything positive to say .. just please stfu for ONCE

haha yeah ok i'll try. but it's just a lot of you new guys really are getting on my nerves  :)

gwenudo

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 31, 2012, 05:10 PM
Quote from: gwenudo666 on Oct 31, 2012, 05:08 PM

haha yeah ok i'll try. but it's just a lot of you new guys really are getting on my nerves  :)

Doesnt mean you have to annoy the rest of the SL people >.> just get on with it sorry were not as "perfect" as you -.- just sit back and enjoy the music deftones brings .. not terrorize everyone -.-
Was it like it seemed?...