Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omniwan

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Oct 31, 2012, 08:59 PM
Quote from: omniwan on Oct 31, 2012, 08:56 PM
Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Oct 31, 2012, 08:35 PM
I am a junkie having withdrawals to be honest with you, I'm just about 1 week sober right now, I'm quitting H finally, and I'm telling you I could really use this album about now haha

Same here! Day 12 for me and feeling much better. Searching for the 'tones leak has kept me preoccuppied every day :p

Congrats man! The hardest part of it right now is the mental cravings... not really physical any more.. I'm not going to lie I would love to go get a piece right now but don't have money anyway. For the best.

Yeah it aint easy. I still ache a bit and I can't sleep for shit. But my eyes are open and I aint going back to that gutter life. It's just false comfort bro. You can't control the first thought but you can control the second! Anyway this aint a recovery forum so i'd better shut up. Congrats tho man, sincerly hope u keep it up.

Sett

DAFTPUNK87

It's hard to believe that several folks out there have the album in their hands, and still not a single leak.
Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch! I think that interview Chino and Sergio gave the other day about album leaks made people have second thoughts before simply leaking their album. And rightfully so, I completely agree with Chino's point of view - just sucks on our end! lol

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

bewareofrats

Reading about KNY being softer than DE doesn't concern me too much because I'd say DE is probably heavier than SNW and SNW is my favourite album.  DE is however less aggressive vocally I think.  I was/am hoping for at least as much vocal aggression and more preferably so I'm concerned about that but as long as it's overall heavy enough to be legitimate as a Deftones album I'll be happy.  If they get too soft that's when it's time to call it a day for Deftones.  We already have enough heavier bands that keep going under the same name no matter how soft they get.  Deftones should only go under the name as long as they can keep their identity.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: bewareofrats on Oct 31, 2012, 09:20 PM
Reading about KNY being softer than DE doesn't concern me too much because I'd say DE is probably heavier than SNW and SNW is my favourite album.  DE is however less aggressive vocally I think.  I was/am hoping for at least as much vocal aggression and more preferably so I'm concerned about that but as long as it's overall heavy enough to be legitimate as a Deftones album I'll be happy.  If they get too soft that's when it's time to call it a day for Deftones.  We already have enough heavier bands that keep going under the same name no matter how soft they get.  Deftones should only go under the name as long as they can keep their identity.

I can get behind that. I see what you're saying, but I don't think Deftones will ever just go completely soft. They'll always have their aggressive side as long as their hearts are in it. They know what their fans want to hear. And they make their music for themselves and their fans. Obviously, because they aren't a top 40 radio band, they always deliver the goods.

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

FNatt

has anyone noticed how chino makes SNW-like albums when he is fat? lol
he was fat in 2006, and now when people are saying KNY is like SNW, he seems to be gaining weight again.
if it's so, then he'd better stay fat, haha. to me, SNW is the best album.

Usurper

KNY for sure will  contain the least amount of vocal aggression of all the albums.
-[usurper]-

iceache

Quote from: FNatt on Oct 31, 2012, 09:36 PM
has anyone noticed how chino makes SNW-like albums when he is fat? lol
he was fat in 2006, and now when people are saying KNY is like SNW, he seems to be gaining weight again.
if it's so, then he'd better stay fat, haha. to me, SNW is the best album.

They said 1 song had a similar intro style to combat.

You people blow shit out of proportion.

FNatt

Tempest and Rosemary are SNW-like, and Leathers is like Combat or Rats.
Also, the cover is in the style of SNW.

bewareofrats

Quote from: Usurper on Oct 31, 2012, 09:43 PM

KNY for sure will  contain the least amount of vocal aggression of all the albums.
Are you disappointed in the amount?
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: FNatt on Oct 31, 2012, 09:48 PM

Uh, what?  Strange comparisons.

BallZDeeP

How about we agree that they evolved more on this album?

FNatt

Quote from: SquealLikeaPig on Oct 31, 2012, 10:05 PM
Quote from: FNatt on Oct 31, 2012, 09:48 PM

Uh, what?  Strange comparisons.

Dunno, that's just how it seems to me. KNY seems to have that "lost in space and dreams" feeling for me, just like SNW did.
Maybe it's just me, though.

Slacker

#koinoyokanhalloweenleak

i know you can make it

xToxin

Hard to say if they evolved or not. Haven't heard the whole thing.

Usurper

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Oct 31, 2012, 10:08 PM

truth
-[usurper]-

only pieces remain

Quote from: Usurper on Oct 31, 2012, 09:43 PM

you keep talking like you've heard the album but never answer anyone when they ask you. What's the deal?

m1nusblindfoLd

This true?:

Bart Becx ‏@BartBecx
For all crying Deftones fans. Koi No Yokan will be released on vinyl. Only one month later, but it's on it's way. So stop whining..

Bart Becx ‏@BartBecx
For all the Deftones-fans crying about the fact that Koi No Yokan won't be released on LP. You aren't looking right. Scheduled for December

ominousnimbus

Some people seem to have a much different feeling for SNW than mine. I like it, but would hardly call it their most atmospheric or "dreamy" -- that's clearly White Pony, with even S/T competing for second place. When I think about it, I may be letting Hole in the Earth exert disproportionate influence, though. I feel it's probably their most commercial-sounding song ever, to the point that it bugs me. Combat and Kimdracula, while I love 'em, are also more in that vein.

I'd definitely say Rosemary sounds like, if it had to go on another record, it would be White Pony. Leathers I could see an argument for SNW or WP. Tempest is kind of off on its own island.

thenoiboi

Quote from: Usurper on Oct 31, 2012, 10:16 PM
Quote from: BallZDeeP on Oct 31, 2012, 10:08 PM

truth
though that's likely the case, i'd like to hear it first.
we could be two straight lines in a crooked world.