Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Oct 31, 2012, 03:16 PM
Fuck slow Deftones songs a la Cherry Waves, Xerces, and Sextape...they make me want to kill myself. They better not waste album space with shit like that.

wtf is your problemm??? go home ...your drunk..
Was it like it seemed?...

xToxin

i'm sure you guys will find something you like on the album.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah those claps will be awesome live will make some good interaction with crowd cause they can clap along

chuckles

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Oct 31, 2012, 03:22 PM
Fuck slow Deftones songs a la Cherry Waves, Xerces, and Sextape...they make me want to kill myself. They better not waste album space with shit like that.

wtf is your problemm??? go home ...your drunk..

hahafh... they older now... so we gotta understand influences experiences, etc... nevermind... its deftones../. deal with it...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

from_musings

Quote from: CaĆ­n on Oct 31, 2012, 03:07 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Oct 31, 2012, 03:06 PM
"Romantic dreams has grunge guitars - Not much metal"? heavy and melodic at the same time, Romantic dreams would make a perfect single. One of the best songs on the album."

i actually was under the impression that it was typical non-single song,and that was angry and chaotic. single material, wtf?

All dreams squashed.

:(  i thought it was gonna be an awesome mind messer that didn't care about rules

xToxin

That's what you get for having expectations.

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Oct 31, 2012, 03:21 PM
You can guarantee there will be some slow ones it's just their style pretty much all their albums have some slow stuff it's part of the reason their still around

Yeah but when SNW ended up having THREE songs like this it just sucked. Maybe one is fine....DE was okay with Sextape and Beauty School...but more than that is ugh. All other albums only had one or two except for the SNW. And SNW brought the sadness of songs like this to a new level IMO, to where I don't even listen to them because they just put me in a depressed, sad mood.

chuckles

Quote from: xToxin on Oct 31, 2012, 03:31 PM

Tooooommaaaaaa! Just wait...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

from_musings

Quote from: xToxin on Oct 31, 2012, 03:31 PM

haha yeah. actually they aren't that high for me, but i had hopes about romantic dreams. oh well, maybe it will be good in another way than i expected

DarkKnight85

Based on what ive read... this album sounds like it will be best when listened to from start to finish. Transitions... atmosphere... dynamics... tempo shifts. Sounds like a sonic adventure. Im excited for gauze.

Drummerboy_123

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Oct 31, 2012, 03:32 PM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Oct 31, 2012, 03:21 PM
You can guarantee there will be some slow ones it's just their style pretty much all their albums have some slow stuff it's part of the reason their still around

Yeah but when SNW ended up having THREE songs like this it just sucked. Maybe one is fine....DE was okay with Sextape and Beauty School...but more than that is ugh. All other albums only had one or two except for the SNW. And SNW brought the sadness of songs like this to a new level IMO, to where I don't even listen to them because they just put me in a depressed, sad mood.

Well, you do know why SNW was like that don't you? I mean you can't really blame them for what was going off in the band at that time. Personally SNW is my favourite album by them. Yeah I know I'm wayyyy in the minority there but I just loved its hypnotising/depressive feeling to it.

Especially the intro to Combat, love Frank's work on that album! Glad to see that he is having a bigger role in KNY with Goon Squad sounding like Combat. Can't wait  ;D
The sky is falling down
The night is calling you
A star is burning out
The sky belongs to you

What Happened to You? <3

from_musings

Quote from: DarkKnight85 on Oct 31, 2012, 03:35 PM
Im excited for gauze.

The intro of "Gauze" is short, and brutal.Then the pace brakes. later on the riff comes back. "Gauze" is a song that plays a lot with rhythm and breaks and ends with a fade out" something like that as i understand. could be cool

from_musings

i'm beginning to realize that "what happened to you" isn't chino asking another person that question.
in fact it seems to be fans asking deftones "what the hell happend to you guys" when hearing it, because the song is so far away from the common deftones sound

Usurper

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 31, 2012, 03:55 PM
i'm beginning to realize that "what happened to you" isn't chino asking another person that question.
in fact it seems to be fans asking deftones "what the hell happend to you guys" when hearing it, because the song is so far away from the common deftones sound

Ehhhh.  Its not far off.  Youll see, it fits right at home in the white pony era
-[usurper]-

BallZDeeP

from_musings

Quote from: Usurper on Oct 31, 2012, 03:59 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Oct 31, 2012, 03:55 PM

Ehhhh.  Its not far off.  Youll see, it fits right at home in the white pony era

haha ok.apparently, according to these guys anyway,it's suppose to be the most surprising song of the album

kitesvera

someone give me that album if its out there.

TheShade1989

C'mon guys, it's less than two weeks until the album is out, and it'll be out in around a week because of the earlier release date anyways. I'm impatient as fuck and even I'm not hyped up about a leak. Anyways, the review is definitely exciting. Gonna be a great album.

The Chauffer

Can someone post the translated review?

SquealLikeaPig

I just heard swerve city kicks ass