Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANattyRat

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 24, 2020, 01:47 AM
If you asked me my top five songs on SNW, DE, KNY and Gore, I could easily give you a list.

As of right now, I don't think I can choose with Ohms. There's too many stand out songs. That's how you know it's a highly consistent album.

To be fair, part of that is probably that it's still so fresh and discovering the layers to the songs, digesting them, etc. At least that's how it is for me, my ritual for every album is "THIS IS THE BEST THING THEY'VE EVER DONE" for a few weeks lol.

Pompeji is definitely my favourite now along with Ceremony and Urantia. And TSOM has grown on me a lot, I can appreciate what people were saying. Still not right up there for me, but an awesome song.

Quote from: Vanby on Sep 24, 2020, 02:01 AM
Is anyone  else kinda put off by sections of the vocals? It's like the only thing keeping it from being a 10/10 for me. Particularly the starts of Urantia, Error, Radiant City, and Headless. Just feels like they're spoken/sung in an odd cadence and melody in each of them and then the rest of the song works.

Only complaint really. Ceremony, This Link is Dead, and Ohms are my favorites followed closely by TSOM, Pompeji, and Headless. Overall fantastic album

Not for me. I agree there are parts of songs that have a quite unique melody or cadence to them, but for me they're part of what I think is making this album so amazing.

plagasx

I think it's safe for me to say that Ceremony, Pompeji, Urantia and Spell are going to be in my favorites out of all their albums.

acidhologram

2MoreHours

There are certain elements of this album that remind me of Faith No More's Angel Dust album.  The song "Crack Hitler" popped in my head while I was listening to TLID.  I guess it's the dichotomy of the mellow/heavy  parts flowing throughout the album.  It's like if Ohms went on Ancestry.com, it would find out that Angel Dust was it's great grandfather.

E-Money

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 24, 2020, 02:25 AM
Fuck. That bass line in Ceremony is so fucking sexy...

Yes sir it is... same with spell.

Vanby

Now I just want to get into a toxic relationship and dump her eventually so I can listen to Ceremony and have it hit different.

I take back earlier comments, *this* is my favorite new track. Honestly possibly one of my all time Deftones favs (early to call it though)
Battle-Axe already conjures up memories of a very specific ex for me lol 

nicklav

After a few listens I have no desire to skip a single second, not even the singles I've already heard a bunch.

Vesanic

Another shout out to those waiting. Blue balls squad hands up

the deft ones

I'm sure it's been asked, but I must've missed it:
For those of us who Pre-ordered, will we be sent a link at 12am on release date? Does anyone know?

Draken

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 24, 2020, 05:32 AM

Draken

Quote from: the deft ones on Sep 24, 2020, 05:36 AM
For those of us who Pre-ordered, will we be sent a link at 12am on release date? Does anyone know?

That is a good ass question... in my previous experience with preorders, no. I can recall another album that I had to download elsewhere because the link was not in my inbox at midnight. I could be wrong about this one. Not sure when they consider it time to send out the links tbh

the deft ones

Quote from: Draken on Sep 24, 2020, 06:00 AM

That is a good ass question... in my previous experience with preorders, no. I can recall another album that I had to download elsewhere because the link was not in my inbox at midnight. I could be wrong about this one. Not sure when they consider it time to send out the links tbh

Cheers mate. Hoping I can at least hear a good quality version on the 25th.
I actually recall one preorder vinyl (can't remember which one) physically turning up on it's release date. Clearly that's not happening here.

plagasx

I've said it before and I'll fucking say it again.

The Spell of Mathematics has one of their coolest sexiest sounds in their entire catalog. So fucking groovy as well.

And the song is only growing on me more and more.

nineteen

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 24, 2020, 05:32 AM

Still going strong. At this rate, everyone will have stopped talking about it by tomorrow  :D

DenakDW

Quote from: plagasx on Sep 24, 2020, 06:10 AM
I've said it before and I'll fucking say it again.

The Spell of Mathematics has one of their coolest sexiest sounds in their entire catalog. So fucking groovy as well.

And the song is only growing on me more and more.

Totally!!!! lyrics are brutal... i mean in the whole record, these lyrics are fine...no matter how many times chino uses the word "honey" it does not sound cheesy.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

Draken

Quote from: the deft ones on Sep 24, 2020, 06:06 AM
Quote from: Draken on Sep 24, 2020, 06:00 AM

Cheers mate. Hoping I can at least hear a good quality version on the 25th.
I actually recall one preorder vinyl (can't remember which one) physically turning up on it's release date. Clearly that's not happening here.

I'd imagine there will at least be a good quality download circulating by then...

Qwerty1921

Still waiting for tomorrow :)

I actually liked Gore a lot. My only issue was that some songs felt a bit undercooked . For example, Xenon had a great riff / groove going on, but then the song basically had no bridge, or really anything past the verse/chorus parts, which made it feel a bit filler.

That's the thing I'm hoping for with this new album : no more filler / unfulfilled songs. :p

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Sep 24, 2020, 03:43 AM
There are certain elements of this album that remind me of Faith No More's Angel Dust album.  The song "Crack Hitler" popped in my head while I was listening to TLID.  I guess it's the dichotomy of the mellow/heavy  parts flowing throughout the album.  It's like if Ohms went on Ancestry.com, it would find out that Angel Dust was it's great grandfather.

That is probably the funniest and best way I've ever read someone express that a newly released song sounds like its influenced by a song that is roughly 30 years older than it.

976-EVIL

One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

FEITICEIRA

Still nothing on that..one music site. Up On Blocks!
get bored.