Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B_S_79

I emailed the Deftones store about the vinyl bundle. This is what I got back.

" Thanks for your support!

Orders have started to ship, however, we are experiencing some delays. The fulfillment center is working hard to get all orders shipped ASAP. This doesn't mean that your item hasn't shipped - only that we're getting tracking numbers delayed.

You will receive an email with the tracking details once as we receive them.

Please note that to speed up the process, some orders have shipped separately with the music (CDs and Vinyls) shipping ahead.

Our apologies for the inconvenience, but we're working hard to get all these out as quickly as possible while maintaining COVID safety measures"

Shells

Shells

BBC Radio 1 Rock Show Deftones Special from last night listen again for anyone who needs it :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mxzr

Gaz

Finally got a response about my pre order. Its delayed with no date for when it will arrive, what a joke.

from_musings

Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 28, 2020, 10:12 AM
Is 'Honey' Chinos word for this album ? :)

('woo' shouldn't count)

Chino wouldn't shut up about "honey" on wp either , just listen to elite

from_musings

Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 28, 2020, 11:02 AM
Quote from: Draken on Sep 28, 2020, 10:40 AM
Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 28, 2020, 10:32 AM
Quote from: Draken on Sep 28, 2020, 10:25 AM
Quote from: Draken on Sep 28, 2020, 10:24 AM
Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 28, 2020, 10:23 AM
Quote from: Draken on Sep 28, 2020, 10:21 AM
Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 28, 2020, 10:17 AM
I  love the whole album - but my favs are the bottom three of the guy that rated the songs on the page or two before. TLID into Radiant City and I also love Error. It's just a wicked album. Flows well. I don't skip anything.

Hey im that guy drunka asashit lolsz muthafucka hell e=yeass I love it ttooooooooooo deftone for ever all you fuckking hater bitchessssssss..

Hahaha classic. Do you need me to call an ambulance?
If not keep rockin!

I'm cool bro, lol. thanks. I love this album. TO EACH THEIR OWN LOVE IT! THIS IS OUR TIME!

I am drunka shit on absinthe tho  ;D

Are you out on the Absinthe making forum posts?  You need to get something into yourself to straighten you up. So you don't end up in another city when you get out of the cab home :D (jokes.) Ps - I could tell you were hammered, have a good night, stay safe you crazy mofo :)

I'm cool ashit man thanks im at home my gfs asleep about to smoke and listen to this shit. Damn I'm feeling it lol. It's funny because I was supposed to take my bottle of absinthe to the lake I was circling all weekend but I forgot it. Didnt forget it tonight haha

Alright that's good to hear :) Crank some Ohms and blaze with it.  :)

That's cute, i remember when i had my first beer.

punkflop01

So I was unable to listen to the album since Friday cause work was a bit nuts....and I always like to just take a couple of hours to sit back with a coffee (now that I'm almost 40), turn my phone off, and listen to any new Deftones album twice in a row. And I just had this feeling that Ohms needed to be listened to without interruption.   So I finally got a chance today, and from the first listen I knew I was listening to something special by the band.  There were some songs that instantly stood out, but on the 2nd listen I was just completely blown away.  I know that there is still so much to unpack going forward, but this is an album any band should be proud of. They've really pushed themselves with the song writing, and it's beautiful hearing each of the band members shining on the album.  In fact, it almost feels like Chino's taken a bit of a back seat on this one, and allowed the other members to really shine.  It's the same feeling I got when listening to the last Tool album. This album really exceeded my expectations, especially since Gore was an album I found hard to really go back to apart from a few songs.  My wife started laughing because I just couldn't stop smiling after I was done listening to OHMs today. This is exactly why I love this band - 20 years after White pony got me hooked, they're still able to move me, and stiill manage to make the hair on my arms stand when I hear them pull off something beautiful and powerful.  I don't think I've felt this way about a new album of theirs since SNW, even though I loved DE & KNY. But those 2 albums never moved me the way Ohms has.  This album is going to be on repeat in the weeks to come for sure. 

Visionz

Thats awesome. Its how i feel abt it too

defsteve

Quote from: Shells on Sep 28, 2020, 03:14 PM
What the hell is going on with these preorders!?  :'(

Has anyone actually got the cassettes or tshirts or hoodies or anything yet? Anywhere in the world? Mine have been in 'Status: Packing' limbo since Friday.

I'll be crying honey tears over the ledge at the lake until it arrives.

Received the 3 cassettes without the signed art card. There has been a delay with them.
Received gold vinyl indie from Banquet,
Also received CD from separate Deftones UK preorder.
Still waiting on everything else.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Draken

Quote from: from_musings on Sep 28, 2020, 05:19 PM
Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 28, 2020, 11:02 AM
Quote from: Draken on Sep 28, 2020, 10:40 AM
Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 28, 2020, 10:32 AM
Quote from: Draken on Sep 28, 2020, 10:25 AM
Quote from: Draken on Sep 28, 2020, 10:24 AM
Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 28, 2020, 10:23 AM
Quote from: Draken on Sep 28, 2020, 10:21 AM
Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 28, 2020, 10:17 AM
I  love the whole album - but my favs are the bottom three of the guy that rated the songs on the page or two before. TLID into Radiant City and I also love Error. It's just a wicked album. Flows well. I don't skip anything.

Hey im that guy drunka asashit lolsz muthafucka hell e=yeass I love it ttooooooooooo deftone for ever all you fuckking hater bitchessssssss..

Hahaha classic. Do you need me to call an ambulance?
If not keep rockin!

I'm cool bro, lol. thanks. I love this album. TO EACH THEIR OWN LOVE IT! THIS IS OUR TIME!

I am drunka shit on absinthe tho  ;D

Are you out on the Absinthe making forum posts?  You need to get something into yourself to straighten you up. So you don't end up in another city when you get out of the cab home :D (jokes.) Ps - I could tell you were hammered, have a good night, stay safe you crazy mofo :)

I'm cool ashit man thanks im at home my gfs asleep about to smoke and listen to this shit. Damn I'm feeling it lol. It's funny because I was supposed to take my bottle of absinthe to the lake I was circling all weekend but I forgot it. Didnt forget it tonight haha

Alright that's good to hear :) Crank some Ohms and blaze with it.  :)

That's cute, i remember when i had my first beer.

Drinking from your mum's titty doesn't count. :-*

Shadow46/2

My fav changes every couple of days. Now I'm obsessed with TSOM and think it may be the best on the album.
It wasn't even in my top 3 a few days ago. Man I can't stop bumping this thing. 😍

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

nineteen

Quote from: defsteve on Sep 28, 2020, 08:10 PM
Quote from: Shells on Sep 28, 2020, 03:14 PM
What the hell is going on with these preorders!?  :'(

Has anyone actually got the cassettes or tshirts or hoodies or anything yet? Anywhere in the world? Mine have been in 'Status: Packing' limbo since Friday.

I'll be crying honey tears over the ledge at the lake until it arrives.

Received the 3 cassettes without the signed art card. There has been a delay with them.
Received gold vinyl indie from Banquet,
Also received CD from separate Deftones UK preorder.
Still waiting on everything else.

Have they said if they'll send on the signed art card later?

ChubbyChino

I still don't get this love for TSOM, I think it's one of the weakest tracks while Urantia is one of the best songs ever made by them. The chorus of TSOM is just meh, while the chorus of Urantia is really catchy and dreamy. I prefer Error and Ohms, and TLID over TSOM.

Visionz

Quote from: ChubbyChino on Sep 28, 2020, 09:42 PM
I still don't get this love for TSOM, I think it's one of the weakest tracks while Urantia is one of the best songs ever made by them. The chorus of TSOM is just meh, while the chorus of Urantia is really catchy and dreamy. I prefer Error and Ohms, and TLID over TSOM.

Thats strange to me bc Urantia isnt really a signature"Deftones song"imo. Sounds like Crosses. Thats interesting though.... i do like both a lot myself (Crosses feat. Steph)

from_musings

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 28, 2020, 12:14 AM
Interesting info that Chino wrote and recorded completely different vocal parts for Genesis ("more meandering"), then started over and wrote what's on the record.

yes that was interesting. and that ohms was a demo steph sent chino three years ago,but it was waaaay slower. it was like plodding stoner song.

Jesus2Chino

Interesting to see the poll results having the two singles as two of the least favorited tracks on the album; do y'all think Ohms and Genesis were good picks for singles despite not being your favorite tracks, or do you think there are better singles to be found on the album? Any tracks you'd like to see as a third single? Personally I think they'd be smart to pick Pompeji as their next, which is also one of the least favorited tracks on the poll, haha.
Much respect,
-Matt

Draken

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Sep 28, 2020, 10:39 PM
Interesting to see the poll results having the two singles as two of the least favorited tracks on the album; do y'all think Ohms and Genesis were good picks for singles despite not being your favorite tracks, or do you think there are better singles to be found on the album? Any tracks you'd like to see as a third single? Personally I think they'd be smart to pick Pompeji as their next.

Yeah I'm a little surprised by that but then again the singles are rarely the fan favorite songs on their records. Ohms and Genesis are excellent choices as singles imo, they are both great songs but too bad they start and end the album... kinda ruins the album experience a little. I'd expect Urantia to be a third single but who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Draken

I'd bet that if Genesis and Urantia were swapped as a single then Genesis would be everyone's favorite. That shit slaps.

Vesanic

Why? The title track became a favourite of mine after the album release.

Vesanic

The Spell of Mathematics simply is one of their best songs. I kinda hate to say things like that but seriously. What a composition. The 9-string rhythm is such a cool move. It's also amazing how they're able to use such heavy tools and still come up with a somewhat smooth song, in all its sonic power.