Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Indie/Emo/PostPunk topic.

Started by no name cola, Sep 29, 2004, 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moz La Punk

Quote from: "Mazzy"Ohhh the Faint might be coming down under  :o

Desaparcidos might be putting out a new album. That probably doesn't belong in here but whatever!!

Haha, Desaparecidos MIGHT publish an album in 2003... waaaait... thats like 2 years ago!

I'm still waiting on that second album... in the mean time Read Music Speak Spanish is still one of my favourite albums EVER.

thirty nights of violence

Me at Trail of Dead on the 15th. AMAZING show!
This picture was taken during the last song (Richter Scale Madness) when they got everyone to come on stage. Man, it was so great. Rocking out with the Trail of Dead. I met them all, and said how I adore them. hhaha I'm a goof. But anyways, good night. There I am!

And man, I look like an idiot, eh? ahhahaha ah well

4th Eye

I think I've never been in this thread but lately I've seen the bands that were mentioned here everywhere...AAAAAHHH!! They're everywhere!! Death cabs are driving in my eyes!! ...eh, so maybe I should check some bands out, yes? :roll:

Mazzy

Quote from: "Moz La Punk"
Quote from: "Mazzy"Ohhh the Faint might be coming down under  :o

Desaparcidos might be putting out a new album. That probably doesn't belong in here but whatever!!

Haha, Desaparecidos MIGHT publish an album in 2003... waaaait... thats like 2 years ago!

I'm still waiting on that second album... in the mean time Read Music Speak Spanish is still one of my favourite albums EVER.

I know they've recorded some new stuff (I think, like, 4 songs) but Oberst is too busy being a whore (touring) to actually get together with the band to record. From what I hear, they've been recording on the road, once again, cause Oberst is a tour hag.

from a tim mcmahan interview in january 2005:

Now it seems the project is being lifted from its ashes. "We have some songs written and will record a few," Oberst said. "It will be hard to get them done because I'll be touring for six months, but we have a traveling set-up now that allows us to record on the road fairly easily."

Plans called for recording some Desa tracks while Oberst was in town prior to Friday night's tour launch, and recording more on the road and this summer. "We don't want to say we're putting out a record," he said, "but we're working on it. I miss playing with those guys and rocking out and screaming. It's not something I can do all the time, but I do enjoy it."

word--www.timmcmahan.com

Moz La Punk

I miss him screaming. Like I said, it's one of my fave cd's all time.

Mazzy

I once believed they were better than Bright Eyes...wtf, they are better than Bright Eyes. I can't stand the lead singer of Bright Eyes, he can't sing for shit.

Moz La Punk

Haha, stop talking trash.

Mazzy

Maria Tayler from Azure Ray and also Conor's g/f just put out a solo album and he's on there singing a duet with her, it's the first song on the cd. The record is supposed to come out in may. They just make me sick together :/

Azure Ray rock though so I can't wait for this cd.

Moz La Punk

Wait... Maria together with Conor's gf? Or seperated?

I dunno I didnt even know Conor HAD a girlfriend. It's what I would let my gf do though if I had the chance.

Mazzy

No. Maria Tayler IS Conor's g/f. He seemed real 'friendly' with his bassist when he was down here though.

Moz La Punk

Wow, really? I didn't know that. Shit, I'm so behind.

ben

no name cola

Araine Moffatt, check her out.
shes out of the montreal indie scene. shes awesome.

Mazzy

Quote from: "no name cola"Araine Moffatt, check her out.
shes out of the montreal indie scene. shes awesome.

Pfft dude I heard about her months ago  :roll:

hahaha no really, I did.

black coffee

its obviously making you proud , but thats ok

Mazzy

I'm very proud. I just dig Candian chicks who sing, excluding two whom I won't mention the name of.

stu

admit it, you love celione deon

and my heaaarrtttt will go onnnn

The Captain

Quote from: "Mazzy"I'm very proud. I just dig Candian chicks who sing, excluding two whom I won't mention the name of.
Alanis re-recorded Jagged Little Pill all acoustic for its' 10 year anniversary, sounds cool

no name cola

Quote from: "Mazzy"I'm very proud. I just dig Candian chicks who sing, excluding two whom I won't mention the name of.
are you on top of the Emily Haines Solo stuff?

Mazzy

Quote from: "no name cola"
are you on top of the Emily Haines Solo stuff?

I'm actually not on top of that even though I am a big fan of her voice. Keep me up to date with that won't you.

Alanis is just pissing me off with all this happy shit even though all her angry shit was just a stunt. I WILL NOT be buying the re-recorded JLP if it comes out.

Stu lo-oves Celine, Stu lo-oves Celine....