Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Indie/Emo/PostPunk topic.

Started by no name cola, Sep 29, 2004, 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moz La Punk

Quote from: "no name cola"the singer is from Washington, and he rapes girls.

Cool.

raynor

YOURCODENAMEIS-MILO-Ignoto-(Advance)-2005-RNS
this is a nice album, i saw that black coffee liked them aswell when i used the search-function :)

alvarezbassist17

1. Cave In - Antenna
2. Bedroom Heroes - Sea Change
3. Circa Survive - Juturna
4. Crown the Clouds - assorted tracks
5. Division Day - Mean Way In EP
6. Stars - Set Yourself on Fire
7. These Arms Are Snakes - Oxeneers...

Malpractice

Quote from: "alvarezbassist17"
5. Division Day - Mean Way In EP

good stuff right there

alvarezbassist17

yeah it's workin its way up

no name cola

Rohner(singer of Division Day) is doing the lay-out for the art on the new dredg album. just like he did for El Cielo.

Malpractice

that's awesome

i just ordered a division day shirt from him recently. he's a really nice guy

Moz La Punk

I'm really digging Bloc Party's record now. Yes!

stu

i did not, despite critical acclaim

ragdoll

yeah i'm still not really into it either. although its been like...a month or so since i last listened to it.

ItsClassicalAnyways

well, seeing as british rock is exploding through the anus right now, sifting through all the shit has been quite a task, but i think bloc party are actually pretty good.

alvarezbassist17

ben thanks a lot for the circa survive album, it's really dominating me.

no name cola

i like how the singer from BLoc Party is black.

Mascara Snake

he sounds like a young robert smith!  I saw them on the NME awards performing and they were pretty good!

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

Moz La Punk

Yeah sometimes he reminds me of Robert Smith, sometimes of Blink182 (god forbit)  and sometimes even of The Police! I dunno, some of their... sounds or moods or something... seem like the police.

ben

Quote from: "alvarezbassist17"ben thanks a lot for the circa survive album, it's really dominating me.
no problem

Moz La Punk

I never really checked out Snow Patrol but I'm addicted to Final Straw now. I like the voice.

ragdoll

ditto. i just dismissed them as one of those catchy-but-monotonous bands...and i never really REALLY liked them until i heard chocolate. gary lightbody has the voice of an angel. *sigh*

no name cola

if you guys likke the voice of Snow Patrol, then you should check out his other band, The Reindeer Section its actually a little better then Snow Patrol, imo.

its kinda like a Broken Social Scene thing, where theres tons of people from other bands collaborating in the band.
members in the Reindeer Section come from other bands like, Arab Strap and Belle & Sebastian and more.

ben

The new Acceptance is pretty good.