Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Mixed Martial Arts Thread (UFC/Pride)

Started by lostcancer, Nov 21, 2005, 09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poofing acid

I'm heading to a local amateur card tonight.  You can watch for free here http://www.gfl.tv/showEvent.do?refCode=GFLA182%27&eventId=1088

We have a private box for it so I think we will also have the strikeforce fights on.

wheresmysnare

is it possible to stream UFC on the internet without a subscription>?

poofing acid

Yeah there's tons of links the night of fights if you know where to look.

poofing acid

HAAHA so that amatuer fight I went to got cancelled less than halfway through the fights! people started brawling in the crowd. it was chaos!

lukas989

Man alive I hope Cruz beats Faber - hes such a little tosser.  Other opinionations - Wanderlei beating Leben in round 1, Bader making mincemeat out of Ortiz (round 2 I reckon), Kim scraping by Condit (decision), Siver knocking out Wiman round one, Guillard knocking out Roller round 1, Sotiropoulos sub Anjos round 2, Bowles decision Mizugaki, Simpson sub Tavares round 2, Winner decision Njokuani, Hougland Walker no fucking idea.....Walker sub round 2.  Take em to the betting shop people.

lukas989

Ok so the lesson learned is - never listen to my predictions....but fuck all that - Faber lost woohooo

Penicks

lukas989

Yes indeedy - it was shit hot.  I was extremely dismayed by Silvas defeat - time to hang em up, but Ive a feeling he wont alas.  I must say - Condits win was well worthy of immediate number one contership - the fact he wants a fight before the end of the year facilitates that perfectly - and a match with Fitch seems to be the logical one.  If he can be a ground master like Fitch, he is without a doubt the most worthy man out there to face GSP/Diaz.  Although he didnt get to show it tonight, Kim is usually amazing.  Beating him like that was pretty gosh darned impressive.

Penicks

i forgot his name

but the black guy

jesus christ that black guy was a beast

never heard of him before

also ufc buying wec was an awesome move, bantams for the win

lukas989

Yeah - Melvin Guillard....he was in like season 2 of TUF, went out in the first round.  Was one of those who had potential, but stuff got in the way for whatever reason.  By fuck hes realising it now though - he beat Evan Dunham there a short while back inside a couple of minutes.  Pretty solid bet for a title shot soon enough I reckon.

poofing acid

condit/penn!

also davis is out at 133. the dragon is in vs rashad lol.  I think im going

lukas989

...and he turns it down.  Rumours offer up Tito.....predicting he'll turn it down too.  Pretty pissed off - was keen to see if Davis was ready for a tilt at Jones.  Outside of him, I cant think of anyone who has a realistic chance of beating Jones.

poofing acid

Well tito turned it down at first but then accepted.  Machida said ok at first but then turned it down.  Ortiz is gonna make another 450k.  Not bad for someone everyone thought was gonna get retired by bader.

lukas989

Yeah - its a win/win for him anyway...he hardly broke a sweat against Bader, didnt get hit at all really, so he'll be in good shape...flip side being hes got the excuse of having fought so recently ready made if he loses.  I must admit, although not a huge Tito fan, I was happy to see him win...all the old school guys seem to be dropping like flies, so good hes hanging in there.  Its good for Rashad as well to be honest, because, whilst I reckon he'll beat Tito (likely a decision), he would have been beaten by Jones AND Davis - so prolongs his relevancy for a while.  I dont get the purity of hate for Rashad - I like him.

poofing acid

I just got my wisdom teeth taken out today.  No going out tonight.  I have a private stream that some dude on a tracker is streaming.  PM me if anyone wants it.

Countdown 135   8pm

InsideMMA replay 9pm

Titan 10pm
Strikeforce 11:30pm

DREAM 17...    3am LETS GO MINOWAMAN

poofing acid

poofing acid

Lol Diaz is coming out to Feiticeira.