Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Mixed Martial Arts Thread (UFC/Pride)

Started by lostcancer, Nov 21, 2005, 09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaz

Herring was apparently injured in his fight, it was defiantly a disappointment though. I can't wait for Cro Cop & Rampage's debuts!

I wanna put money on Cro Cop winning via knockout in round one with a left headkick ;)

deafnotes

im a big fan of diego sanchez too.. man his latest fight was sweet

Spaghetti Western

I wish they would have chosen a more credible opponent for Cro Cop instead of Eddie fucking Sanchez

Gaz

Travis Lutter didn't make weight, now the match with Anderson Silva is non title, what a fucking idiot, he's just blown his chance completely.

Rambo

It is kind of a downer that the title will not be on the line anymore but i'm still looking forward to it because we'll see a good ass whoopin anyways. Lutter made a big mistake not being able to make weight though and he looked really odd at the weigh ins. (Like yellow bastard from sin city) Still i'm looking forward to this event because a lot of the fights will be exciting.

Gaz

He actually shaved his head to see if that would cut anymore weight, I'm serious!. Silva is gonna crush him anyway.

OneBloodyFist

*************DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW OUTCOMES*************

Cro Cop vs. Sanchez: Ouch. Eddie's mouth was already hanging open after the first minute. Mirko just stalked and finished him like everyone knew he would.

Rampage vs. Eastman: I'll give Eastman a lot of credit. Quinton is obviously a very tough guy, but Marvin hung in there with him. Wasn't surprised by the knockout, though.

Silva vs. Lutter: What a douche bag this Lutter guy is. Absolutely no excuse for not making weight. He looked like he might pull out a shocker when he mounted, but Silva was too smart and is so damn long, the triangle was a perfect way to end it.

lostcancer

"It was time for some 'black on black' crime."
haha

Gaz

Quote from: lostcancer on Feb 05, 2007, 10:29 PM
"It was time for some 'black on black' crime."
haha

lol Rampage is awesome, I can see him having another fight then maybe later in the year they will have him face Chuck, it's a big money match

Anyone catch the Elite XC show?, if you dont want any spoilers dont read further down

I downloaded it and watched it yesterday, pretty impressed, the womens match stole the show for me!, it was a really good scrap. I was dissapointed in David Louasiou, he just hasn't looked the same after the Rich Franklin fight. The main event was a bit of a mess as well, those were illegal knee's that Frank Shamrock was throwing and it all ended in a bit of a farce, a lot of confusion but Gracie did look really out of it.

Gaz

Got my UFC 70 tickets! 21st April M.E.N Arena Manchester England, I can't wait

lostcancer

Gina Carano

i want to do so many things to her

Gaz

Yeah Gina Carano is hot, I can't wait to see more of her fights.

Pride 33 this weekend, I'm really looking forward to Wandy vs Dan Henderson, also looking forward to see how Nick Diaz does, but I don't have high hopes for him beating Gomi.

deafnotes

Quote from: lostcancer on Feb 21, 2007, 11:12 PM
Gina Carano

i want to do so many things to her

i watched her recent fight! damn shes good! and hve a beautiful face too

Gaz

Pride 33, great show, watch it if you haven't yet, it's well worth it!

OneBloodyFist

************SPOILERS!!!!!!!************

Thank you MMA Gods! FINALLY someone comes in and takes the UFC Heavyweight belt off of an entirely undeserving champion. To make it even better, it's Randy F'N Couture! What an intense display of domination. Fuck a Sylvia.

rainnyx4

Quote from: OneBloodyFist on Mar 05, 2007, 06:37 AM
************SPOILERS!!!!!!!************

Thank you MMA Gods! FINALLY someone comes in and takes the UFC Heavyweight belt off of an entirely undeserving champion. To make it even better, it's Randy F'N Couture! What an intense display of domination. Fuck a Sylvia.

Yeah, pretty awesome.  I'm just sorry I thought Couture was going to get wrecked.  Look out for CroCop!

lostcancer

that was probably the most excited i've been since gsp dominating matt hughes, well deserved couture!! it's funny how sylvia said he went in with an injury hah

Gaz

Un-fucking believable!! it's such a fairy tale story of Couture coming out of retirement to absolutely dominate Tim Sylvia in that fight and win the heavyweight belt, it's awesome!

lollercoaster

Gaz

Quote from: lollercoaster on Mar 16, 2007, 07:39 PM
im leaving to go to this in a few hours

http://www.ringofcombat.com/

Have a good one man

I've been looking into other MMA promotions other than UFC, Pride, Cage Rage lately, checked out IFL and I watched the Elite XC show last month, can anyone recommend any others?

I've heard of Bodog Fight but not seen any of it yet, I heard Fedor is fighting Mat Lindland on their next event so I'll check that out.