Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Mixed Martial Arts Thread (UFC/Pride)

Started by lostcancer, Nov 21, 2005, 07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I'm still fucking stunned that fuckin' Mirko Cro Cop got kicked in the side of the head. That fuckin' bums me out, man. He's the shit.

And that was a hell of long time ago.

untz untz untz

From elitexc tonight

RESULTS

-Jae Suk Lim def. Daniel Pineda by Submission (rear naked choke) at 2:42, R1
-Brett Rogers def. Ralph Kelly by Submission (strikes) at 1:43, R1
-Matt Lucas def. Jon Kirk by Unanimous Decisoin (30-27x3) at 5:00, R3
-Yves Edwards def. Nick Gonzalez by Submission (rear naked choke) at 3:05, R1
-Geoff Bumstead def. Robert Ruiz by Submission (rear naked choke) at 1:30, R1
-Antonio Silva def. Jonathan Wiezorek by Submission (rear naked choke) at 3:12, R1
-Kyle Noke def. Seth Kleinbeck by TKO (cut) at 4:22, R2
-Jake Shields def. Mike Pyle by Submission (rear naked choke) at 3:39, R1
-Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson def. Bo Cantrell by TKO at :19, R1
-KJ Noons def. Nick Diaz by TKO (cuts) at 5:00. R1

MAIN CARD PLAY-BY-PLAY

-Antonio Silva vs. Jonathan Wiezorek
Round One: Wiezorek rushed Silva and takes some shots in the process. Silva works kicks. Wiezorek rushes in again and eats some leather before staggering and falling to the canvas. Silva works for side control as Wiezorek tries to hang on. Silva lands hammer fists and punches and Wiezorek gives up his back for moment before rolling back over and taking several shots from Silva. Jonathan gives up his back again and Silva sinks in a rear naked choke finishing the fight.

-Seth Kleinbeck vs. Kyle Noke
Round One: Kleinbeck starts with some jabs and leg kicks as both fighters feel each other out. Kleinbeck tries a looping rihgt hand that's blocked. Noke fires back. Kleinbeck catches a leg kick by Noke and takes the fight to the ground. Kleinbeck works some ground and pound inside of Noke's open guard. Noke attempted an armbar but wasn't able to secure it. Noke works for another armbar, but Kleinbeck escapes. Kleinbeck stands up out of Noke's guard returning the fight to their feet. MMAWeekly scores the first round 10-9 for Seth Kleinbeck.

Round Two: Noke shoots in and gets a doulbe leg off of a Kleinbeck flurry. After a scramble, Noke takes Kleinbeck's back with both hooks in. Noke looks to sink in a rear naked choke. Kleinbeck turns into him and lands in Noke's guard. The referee stands the fight up. Some wild punches thrown by Kleinbeck and Noke shoots in and gets the takedown. Noke works inside Kleinbeck's closed guard. Kleinbeck is cut over his left eye. Noke has him pressed against the cage and the referee calls for Kleinbeck's cut to be checked and the doctor stops the fight.

-Jake Shields vs. Mike Pyle
Round One: Pyle with a jab and Jake immediately shoots for a takedown but Pyle fends it off. Jake tries for another takedown and Pyle lands a knee, but Jake gets the takedown. Pyle works his way back to his feet. As they seperate from the clinch, Shields shoots again and they go to the ground, but Pyle back to his feet immediately. Jake finally secures a clean takedown and is in Pyle's guard working to pass. Jake moves to half guard but unable to do damage thus far to Pyle. Shields moves to mount and Pyle gives up his back. Shields sinks in an rear naked choke and forces Pyle to tap.

-Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson vs. Bo Cantrell
Round One: Bo opens with a spinning back fist that hit only air. Kimbo lands an upper cut followed with an elbow sending Cantrell to the canvas. It's over. Kimbo by KO. Cantrell actually tapped out due to strikes.

-Nick Diaz vs. K.J. Noons
Round One: After an exchange of jabs, Diaz goes for a single leg. Noons fends it off. It's Diaz moving forward and Noons landing body shots. Diaz seems to want to take the fight to the ground. Wild right hand misses by Noons. Diaz with another takedown attempt. Noons doing a good job defending. Diaz finally gets the takedown, but not before getting cut. Noons escapes and the referee calls to have Diaz' cut checked. Fight restarts. Noons drops Diaz with a counter straight right hand. Diaz back to his feet. Both of Diaz' eyes have cuts. Noons throwing big shots. Diaz shoots but Noons defends again. As the round ends Diaz gets a takedown. MMAWeekly scores round one 10-9 for Noons.

The doctor stops the fight between rounds. KJ Noons wins the EliteXC 160lb. title as Diaz leaves the cage with middle fingers in the air.

Breach Unborn

It was a decent card.

Glad Diaz got stopped like the punk ass little bitch that he is.

untz untz untz

even though i think the fight card is weak, im going saturday

DefCubus

Quote from: Breach Unborn on Nov 12, 2007, 08:42 PM
It was a decent card.

The guy can't get a break.

]

untz untz untz

Quote from: DefCubus on Nov 13, 2007, 10:32 AM
Quote from: Breach Unborn on Nov 12, 2007, 08:42 PM
It was a decent card.

The guy can't get a break.

Did he fail a blood test or urine?

ScatteredImage

...both...

heh, really though, I'm not sure... I just know he gets his ass whoopped...

untz untz untz

He did beat Gomi though with that sick ass gogoplata.

untz untz untz

Hendersen and Silva..... awesome!

untz untz untz

Breach Unborn

Some good fights coming up.

79 will be fun to watch, Hughes/GSP III, Wandy/Liddell, Soko/Machida

DefCubus

]

Breach Unborn

untz untz untz

Are they serious?  Giving Griffin a title shot?

DefCubus

He beat Shogun.. Shogun beat Rampage.. why not?
They're screwing Jardine over though.

]

untz untz untz

Shogun was hurt.  That fight was a fluke.

DefCubus

Yeah he was injured,Shogun shouldn't have taken the fight, but he did and underestimated Forrest.
I still think Shogun wins 9 times out of 10, but it was a big win for Forrest.
Who do you think is more deserving of a title shot now then?

]

untz untz untz

untz untz untz

A bout between MMA legends and adoptive brothers Ken Shamrock (26-12-2) and Frank Shamrock (22-8-1) is in the works, and EliteXC Live Events President Gary Shaw says his organization is working to book the fight.

goldpony

Quote from: untz untz untz on Dec 21, 2007, 05:53 AM
A bout between MMA legends and adoptive brothers Ken Shamrock (26-12-2) and Frank Shamrock (22-8-1) is in the works, and EliteXC Live Events President Gary Shaw says his organization is working to book the fight.

i'll watch this when i want to see two washed up fighters going at it :P
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt