Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Mixed Martial Arts Thread (UFC/Pride)

Started by lostcancer, Nov 21, 2005, 07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainnyx4

Quote from: Spaghetti Western on Dec 04, 2006, 09:46 PM
Quote from: deafnotes on Dec 03, 2006, 12:19 AM
mat hughes should retire! lol

Because he lost to the future of MMA? Hughes has proven he is able to dominate just about every other welterweight with the except of GSP and BJ Penn. Hughes still has alot of fight left in him.

I think he was joking.  Besides, everyone knows Matt Hughes is t3h ghey.

Spaghetti Western

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 04, 2006, 10:29 PM

Because he lost to the future of MMA? Hughes has proven he is able to dominate just about every other welterweight with the except of GSP and BJ Penn. Hughes still has alot of fight left in him.

You never know with MMA.

deafnotes

Quote from: Spaghetti Western on Dec 07, 2006, 04:56 AM

You never know with MMA.

jsut kidding man.   but at this point....st pierre is much better against him. i mean in their previous fight... st pierre owns him.. but matt got lucky..
bj penn also is one of the toughest fighter he fought

rainnyx4

Quote from: deafnotes on Dec 07, 2006, 09:29 PM

You never know with MMA.

jsut kidding man.   but at this point....st pierre is much better against him. i mean in their previous fight... st pierre owns him.. but matt got lucky..

I think BJ Penn is actually probably the most talented of them all.  His problem is that he's lazy.  He clearly doesn't work nearly as hard as Hughes or St. Pierre but is still able to give them stiff competition.  But my favorite of the three will definitely have to be St. Pierre, Kyokushin for Life!

EDIT:  Actually, I can't really stand watching Matt Hughes fight because he's so boring to watch.

Spaghetti Western

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 07, 2006, 10:20 PM

You never know with MMA.

I think BJ Penn is actually probably the most talented of them all.  His problem is that he's lazy.  He clearly doesn't work nearly as hard as Hughes or St. Pierre but is still able to give them stiff competition.  But my favorite of the three will definitely have to be St. Pierre, Kyokushin for Life!

EDIT:  Actually, I can't really stand watching Matt Hughes fight because he's so boring to watch.
>:(Carrying people across the octagon and slamming them on the ground is no boring!

Freestyle wrestling and lifting weights for life!

rainnyx4

Quote from: Spaghetti Western on Dec 08, 2006, 06:52 PM

You never know with MMA.

>:(Carrying people across the octagon and slamming them on the ground is no boring!

I'd rather watch people like Karo Parisyan or St. Pierre because they do more out of the ordinary things like Judo throws or spinning back kicks.  Almost everyone in the UFC is kind of boring frankly.  There's no crazy characters like Genki Sudo and most people come from a Wrestling background which just isn't as fun to watch as Judo and SAMBO practitioners that you find in Pride.

Spaghetti Western

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 08, 2006, 08:28 PM
Quote from: Spaghetti Western on Dec 08, 2006, 06:52 PM

You never know with MMA.

I'd rather watch people like Karo Parisyan or St. Pierre because they do more out of the ordinary things like Judo throws or spinning back kicks.  Almost everyone in the UFC is kind of boring frankly.  There's no crazy characters like Genki Sudo and most people come from a Wrestling background which just isn't as fun to watch as Judo and SAMBO practitioners that you find in Pride.
Very true about the unorthodox techniques. I personally love Hughes because of his whole "Iowa wrestler" aura and attitude towards fighting and winning. He may not be the flashiest fighter but he always comes to fight and has only let 6 of his 45 professional matches reach a decision.

rainnyx4

Karo "The Heat" Parisyan!!!  Ok, so I stopped watching after the Karo fight because I had a research paper to write so don't spoil the rest for me.  Karo's striking was really good and both guys opened up some nasty cuts.  It was too bad the other guy was so afraid of Karo throwing him that every time they got close he jumped back but still a good fight.

Spaghetti Western

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 14, 2006, 04:05 PM
Karo "The Heat" Parisyan!!!  Ok, so I stopped watching after the Karo fight because I had a research paper to write so don't spoil the rest for me.  Karo's striking was really good and both guys opened up some nasty cuts.  It was too bad the other guy was so afraid of Karo throwing him that every time they got close he jumped back but still a good fight.
I have all the fights on my computer. Let me know if you'd like them.

Gaz

Matt Hughes ain't boring, and he defiantly will get his rematch with St Pierre. Matt is a machine and will bounce back from his loss to GSP in no time, I think the rematch will be amazing

I'm also looking forward to Liddel vs Ortiz II, I predict Chuck finishing Tito in the second round via knockout.

devilinside

*again*

I hope Tito get's his ass BEAT tonight! GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

;)

lostcancer

Rambo

biggdude01

Okay i dont really watch pride too much but i follow the UFC frequently. So i want to make  predictions on something. First off i think that Couture will beat Sylvia for the Heavyweight title in march. Second- Cro Cop will become heavyweight champ. 3- Rampage will probably become Light heavyweight champ ( but i hope Liddell wins) 4- I can see Matt Hughes getting the title back and then maybe a title defense and then retire on a high note instead of holding on too long.

I use to like Tim Sylvia until he started fighting not to lose. He doesnt wanna knock someone out or submit him he just wants to hang in there until the end. But Couture wont allow that, dont care how old he is. and cro cop and rampage are obviously excellent fighters.

Gaz

UFC 70 is apparently going to be held in the UK and in my hometown of Manchester, with Micheal Bisping on the card, it's been tipped to take place at the end of April

Oh and Cro Cop and Rampage are going to fucking rule in the UFC, Tim Sylvia better get all of the precious time he has with the heavyweight belt, because if Couture doesn't beat him, Cro Cop defiantly will!

rainnyx4

Quote from: biggdude01 on Jan 18, 2007, 09:30 PM
Okay i dont really watch pride too much but i follow the UFC frequently. So i want to make  predictions on something. First off i think that Couture will beat Sylvia for the Heavyweight title in march. Second- Cro Cop will become heavyweight champ. 3- Rampage will probably become Light heavyweight champ ( but i hope Liddell wins) 4- I can see Matt Hughes getting the title back and then maybe a title defense and then retire on a high note instead of holding on too long.

I use to like Tim Sylvia until he started fighting not to lose. He doesnt wanna knock someone out or submit him he just wants to hang in there until the end. But Couture wont allow that, dont care how old he is. and cro cop and rampage are obviously excellent fighters.

I don't think Couture will beat Sylvia, although I'd like for that too happen.  Like you said, Sylvia has been a pretty lame fighter as of late.  Crocop will indeed destroy either one of them however.  Rampage and Liddell will be a little closer though I see Rampage taking that.  I don't believe that Matt Hughes will ever beat St. Pierre unless he gets lucky.  Matt Hughes is just a little too old to beat him now.  In fact, I think Hughes would have a tough time with Sanchez and I think that should be the next fight he has for sure.  The only person in the UFC I see really giving St. Pierre a challenge right now would be BJ Penn should he actually take the fight seriously.

Rambo

As far as Couture vs Sylvia goes I doubt couture will win even though i'm a fan of his. Atleast I can look forward to CroCop destroying Sylvia. I'd also like to see Matt go against Diego and as of right now i'm NOT looking forward to UFC 68 but we'll see how the final card looks like.

Can't wait to see Rampage and CroCop at 67

biggdude01

Oh and i have this theory...it might seem weird or stupid lol but just hear me out.... isnt it funny that now that we have Cro Cop coming over to ufc ...that randy comes out of retirement to fight sylvia..you would think they would give cro cop a warm up match(Ufc 67) and then Sylvia but no. And if not Cro Cop then how bout Brandon Vera??? But no Randy just comes out of retirement. Does it seem like Dana maybe wants the heavyweight belt to be in the hands of someone who has been in the ufc for awhile instead of a newcomer such as cro cop who was in pride for awhile???

lostcancer

yeah i think it's bullshit that Brandon Vera hasn't gotten a shot... he more than deserves it...and i know he could totally dominate lame ass Sylvia

OneBloodyFist

OH. MY. GOD. WHAT. A. KICK. BY. EVANS!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdDOK6s1bVc[/youtube]

We're going to be seeing that over and over again for years.

Also, consider Heath Herring one of the biggest UFC dissapointments in years.