Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Haven

Started by Martin, Jan 06, 2006, 09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

judging from the Do They Know It's Christmas cover, Grady can't really sing very well...
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Martin

He didn't really try there as well. Plus, that was a long time ago.

333tone

Just read Will Haven's bulletin:

will haven studio updates
Body: just a quick update to let everyone know we are headed back into the studio this weekend with Chino Moreno (deftones) and Shaun Lopez (Far, Revolution Smile) We will be tracking a few songs at Shaun's studio down in Los Angeles, CA
Chino and Shaun are really good friends of ours and we are all excited about the stuff we are coming up with. So this weekend we will be doing a blog everyday giving details of the days events, some behind the scene stuff, and the craziness that happens when you get all the old school homies together. So starting Sat morning the first blog will be posted on the will haven page. stay tuned.......................... 

How cool is that? Some of my fav artists working together  8)

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Martin

Martin

And there it is! How cool this is 8)
Would like to see pics of Grady recording.

Quote from: Studio update and pics from their MySpace BulletinWell back in Los Angeles and its always crazy. We got into town around 12am due to a crazy driver losing control and flying off the freeway and bursting into flames, always an adventure on the LA freeways. We went straight to the studio to meet up with Shaun and Chino. Our good friend Benji was there as well and it was good to see him. We all hung out til about 4 in the morning chillin out, listening to music and some crazy speech by Abe made while recoding the Deftones record. I love that guy. We then went back to Chino's to finally catch some sleep. We talked about getting into the studio around 11 but of course that didn't happen, we finally woke up around 1 and we took off to
Get some food. So we finally roll into the studio around 3. It was nice to finally get indoors because for some reason its about 50 degrees herein beautiful so cal. I don't think its ever been this cold in LA, just our luck.

Today was a pretty productive day, we set up the drums and got them dialed in, we then tracked two songs on drums, Helena and Ice landing. Both songs turned out awesome, Chino and Shaun made a lot of cool changes in both songs. So things are going very well, the new album is going to be by far the best stuff will haven has ever done.

We finally called it a day around 11, we all decided to go out to a resturant/bar that our friend Chris works at. It was probably a bad idea to give us free drinks, Mitch at one point fell out of the booth and collapsed on th e floor, so we picked him up put him back in the chair and gave him another shot, fool is like a Gremlin if you get him wet after midnight.

So I would have to say today was a good day, got some work done and still went out and had a good time. Its awesome to be working with Shaun and Chino, they are some of our best friends but we respect them as musicians tremendously. Its nice to have them there.

So its now 3 in the morning and Im about to pass out, tommorow we should be a bit more rested or a bit hungover who knows, but it should be fun either way....

Stay tuned.....

chino giving some pointers..

shaun at the controls

mitch on the drums

chino and mike

The Captain

It's cool that Shaun and Chino are like a production team on this...now they just need Stenman :)

Martin

Word. That would make it come full circle.

Martin

Quote from: Studio update and pics from their MySpace Bulletin1-14-07

Why is LA so damn cold? Like Alaska up in here! Today was good, I rolled out of bed at 9 to catch the supercross race, damn Bubba is fast! My boy Reed needs to get that wing fixed. I was mostly curious how Mitch was going to feel after his night of dancing and meeting people. He looked a little beat down but was moving around pretty good. We had a bomb ass breakfast at Chino's house then it was back to the studio. We tracked one more song on drums (sheepards bush). Mitch's drumming on this record is completely insane, pretty crazy stuff.

It was then on to Mike to throw down his bass tracks, we got through one song but wasn't happy with the bass tone we were getting so we moved onto guitars. I started out with the newer song Sheppards Bush. Chino, Shaun and I came up with some sick guitar parts for this song. This record is starting off to be exactly what I was looking for, some crazy epic stuff. I cant say enough about Chino and Shaun, they are definitely bringing a lot of cool stuff out of us.

After laying the guitars for that song we needed a break, so we hit up a good Chinese resturaunt across the street from will smith's studio, yeah will smith has his own studio, what the hell doesn't that guy have? After that we decided to hit up a bar called Bar 21, go figure, we sat there and played some tunes on the jukebox, Chino was telling us that Hall from Hall and Oates was dead, but we found out the fool was still alive. So Hall and Oates is still rocking, thank god...Chino then suggested we hit up some karaoke bar down the street, this place was badass, probably had 3000 songs in that book, everything from the bee gees to slayer, we didn't rock it but we heard some American Idol fools in the making. SORRY!!!

So after another night of cocktails we called it a night, when we got back to Chino's he was telling us about how the mountain next to his house was hollow and filled with some crazy shit, what the hell was he sippin on? Another good day.......

Stay tuned.............

Jeff

chino rocking you tube

mike laying down tracks

me looking bummed as hell,

333tone

This is one of the coolest collaborations, i'm sure the record's gonna kick ass! There seems to be a really good vibe between these guys. Chino and Shaun are really good working together(i think that's already proved judging from SNW). Plus, they're involved with guitar parts, which makes me more excited! Damn, can't wait for the record!

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Chrisbo

Quote from: 333tone on Jan 16, 2007, 05:20 PM
This is one of the coolest collaborations, i'm sure the record's gonna kick ass! There seems to be a really good vibe between these guys. Chino and Shaun are really good working together(i think that's already proved judging from SNW). Plus, they're involved with guitar parts, which makes me more excited! Damn, can't wait for the record!

Yep man, same here!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Martin

Cool! 8) My signature is now their MySpace picture!
How did they get that?

tarkil

Quote from: Tuck on Jan 19, 2007, 04:05 PM
How did they get that?

Ha ha, awesome... Did you create this image ?

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Martin

Quote from: tarkil on Jan 20, 2007, 05:22 AM
Quote from: Tuck on Jan 19, 2007, 04:05 PM
How did they get that?

Ha ha, awesome... Did you create this image ?

The photo itself? Nah, someone else took that picture. It was on their MySpace.
I just cut the upper and bottom parts of and wrote the letters on it :)

snw9

can someone post the b-sides and demos of Will haven?
Code: [Select]

Deftonesaddict

can someone please re-upload these Will Haven demos

'Handlerbars To Freedom', 'Battleships' (aka 'Wake Up And Smell The Coffee'),  'Helena' and 'Frontrow Curbside'.

Also the b-sides of the 'Carpe Diem' single.

Saga.
I've Seen My Fate.

thanks in advance

law

Any of these guys may check this site out more than you think, it's cool all this news though, thanks for the blog updates :)

Martin

Quote from: Deftonesaddict on Jan 21, 2007, 04:14 AM
can someone please re-upload these Will Haven demos

'Handlerbars To Freedom', 'Battleships' (aka 'Wake Up And Smell The Coffee'),  'Helena' and 'Frontrow Curbside'.

Also the b-sides of the 'Carpe Diem' single.

Saga.
I've Seen My Fate.

thanks in advance

'Frontrow Curbside' and 'Helena' are the same song. The songtitle changed.
When I saw them in the UK in march last year, I heard the song was called 'Frontrow Curbside' as well as it being anounced as 'Helena'.
So either it's the same song, but the name changed, or it were different songs all together.

Anyway, of this song no demo has hit the web yet.

Uploading the others and a new track.

EDIT: Uploaded. Can anyone tell me what that unidentified track is?

Deftonesaddict

snw9

Code: [Select]

skinnypuppy

Free Monday at The Troubadour of West Hollywood!
Monday, February 19, 2007
Doors open 8:00 pm
Free over 21/$3 under 21

Time    Artist
10:55 pm   Will Haven
10:00 pm   Eightfourseven
9:15 pm   Death Valley High
8:30 pm   Red Host

I cant wait!!!