Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Haven

Started by Martin, Jan 06, 2006, 09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hipotermia

justaphase

the singer (which didn't announce his name properly) stated, "look at all this up here, this is the big NEWS this the new WILL HAVEN". the singer was some black/ dark skinned dude w/ some sorta mohawk, sounded alot like grady. as we all will miss grady much, you will not be disspointed, i did enjoy the show alot. but the news was not formally announced it just was a few words also im not sure if lance from eightfourseven is the permenant 2 guitarist. i was confused the whole night but when they started saga i was like fuck it. it still sounded great. i did see a guy taping the show but i think it was management or some1 that was with the band.

edit:

im not 100% sure but i think the singer might have been Jeff Jaworski from Red Tape.

Chrisbo

No fucking way, all the UK dates are cancelled. This is a my space bulletin from them

QuoteThank you to everyone who came out last night, the show was amazing, we cant thank everyone enough for the support and love last night.
As for the big news we will post it at 5pm California time, we will explain what is going on in the will haven camp and why the UK dates have been canceled, we will post it as a bulletin and also a blog, so please check back here at 5pm to check it out.
thank you again for all the support,
much respect
will haven

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Gaz

Quote from: Chrisbo on Feb 20, 2007, 05:07 PM
No fucking way, all the UK dates are cancelled. This is a my space bulletin from them

QuoteThank you to everyone who came out last night, the show was amazing, we cant thank everyone enough for the support and love last night.
As for the big news we will post it at 5pm California time, we will explain what is going on in the will haven camp and why the UK dates have been canceled, we will post it as a bulletin and also a blog, so please check back here at 5pm to check it out.
thank you again for all the support,
much respect
will haven

FUCK, this is bollocks, I'm well pissed off. First Grady leaves and now the UK dates are canceled.

lnkjuice

That's getting a bit chaotic in the Haven family...
--
www.deftnz.net
www.willhaven.fr

Gaz

In my opinion, they are nothing without Grady, I hate it when bands replace vocalists, it's just not the same.

skinnypuppy

how insanely lame.. the whole point of this reunion was because all the members were into doing a band together again.

Chrisbo

Yeah this is a bit gutting for me, seeing as last time in Glasgow there was no Grady, and this time....well there isnt a this time anymore. It's a bit gash likes!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Deftonesaddict

Gaz

I read that he wants to focus on his family more

QuoteOfficial press release:

The reunited Will Haven are sad to announce the departure of founding member, vocalist Grady Avenell. Grady will be returning home to focus his energy on his family. Will Haven guitarist Jeff Irwin had the following to say on the matter: "It was a very tough decision for Grady to make but of course, family comes first and we totally respect his decision. He is still a part of the band as far as helping write material for the new record, he just isn't able to tour with us. We want to promote this record as much as we can which means a lot of touring, so we had to make the tough decision of moving forward with a new vocalist."

Moving forward, the band has added longtime friend and California punk/hardcore scene favorite Jeff Jaworski (previously of Roadrunner Records band Red Tape) to the fold.

"We are very excited to have Jeff Jaworski in the band. He is an amazing frontman, with an equally amazing voice and is one of our closest friends. He has added so much to Will Haven in the short time he has been with us," adds Irwin. Jaworski will bring his high-energy attack to the Will Haven sound on their upcoming album, entitled "Heirophant," expected to be released this summer through Bieler Bros. Records. The effort is being produced by Chino Moreno (Deftones) and Shaun Lopez (Far). The tracks — "Helena", "Sheppard's Bush" and "Landing on Ice" among others— are heralded as "groundbreaking" by the band and "by far the best stuff we have ever done."

"Years back I got to fill in for Mike on a two-week tour, and became very intimate with the Will Haven sound," says Jaworski. "Grady is the man, and it's too bad he had to bow out of this, especially when the band is writing some of their best music ever!" He adds of his longtime connection to the Will Haven camp, "Red Tape did our first tour with Will Haven back in 2001. We go even further back as friends though... back to the sock days! Whether as a fan, laying down vox on the WHVN track 'Jaworski', or going out on tours with them... I've always felt like I was a part of this band. I'm pumped to get this great new music out to the fans and usher in a new era of Will Haven. I'm not likening this to Sammy Hagar joining Van Halen... think more like Brian Johnson joining AC/DC!"

The revitalized group is looking forward to the future. "We are taking this as a new era of Will Haven and we are very excited about it," says Irwin. "We are ready to take over the world!"

To that end, Will Haven hit the road with the Deftones in Europe in late March.

Deftonesaddict

can someone post this WHVN / Grady Avenell songs?

Will Haven - The Regulator for the Bad Brains' Never Give In tribute album
and

Grady Avenell with Far - 9 Miles

Grady with Every day life - Relocate

gracias

Alvar

goddamn no.... this just sucks, i wanna see grady when whvn come to germany (they will still tour with the `tones, wont they?)

i hope that this guy is only replacing grady on the tour and grady joins back later this year, what a sad day.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Martin

This is breaking my fucking heart.
I don't know how to put what else I want to say, I'm sure Jeff Jaworski is an awesome vocalist, but Will Haven without Grady is no Will Haven.
If it's about touring then Grady should do the vocals on the record. If it's a money thing, supporting family, I, for as far as I can, understand...but...how can it be rewarding right now? Wait till the record's out first. If that doesn't support family, fine, he gave it a fair chance.
Or maybe I don't understand at all.
All I know is this is breaking my heart.

Think I'm off to wander around for awhile  :( :( :( :( :(

lnkjuice

As you said I'm just hoping he'll - at least - handle the vocals on the record...
--
www.deftnz.net
www.willhaven.fr

Martin

Hey Inkjuice...my fellow Will Haven site owner...what harsh news this is.

Deftonesaddict

this isnt the first time grady's wife has problems, check will haven on wikipedia, that's what led grady to left the band then and now, family issues.

lnkjuice

@Tuck: Indeed ^^

Well, I'm pretty disgusted. I'm sure the band is pretty annoyed by this situation and that they're doing the best for them and the fans, but the overall disapointment is unavoidable...
--
www.deftnz.net
www.willhaven.fr

Malpractice

i don't see why everyone is so suprised that grady is leaving. when the band got back together recently they thought everyone was committed but grady was still like "maybe i can play shows on the weekends, etc." and didn't really take the whole thing all that seriously. when they did the big uk tour, grady left at the first chance he had and even though it was for a semi-important reason it still just showed how this band wasn't his first priority.
i also don't see how grady is the selling point of this band to most people. all he does is just stand there and scream and has very little stage prescene. it's not like the guy can't be replaced. jaworski is an awesome guy with a lot of stage prescence and i am sure can bust out all the will haven tunes with no problem.

Gaz

Quote from: Malpractice on Feb 20, 2007, 09:24 PM
i don't see why everyone is so suprised that grady is leaving. when the band got back together recently they thought everyone was committed but grady was still like "maybe i can play shows on the weekends, etc." and didn't really take the whole thing all that seriously. when they did the big uk tour, grady left at the first chance he had and even though it was for a semi-important reason it still just showed how this band wasn't his first priority.
i also don't see how grady is the selling point of this band to most people. all he does is just stand there and scream and has very little stage prescene. it's not like the guy can't be replaced. jaworski is an awesome guy with a lot of stage prescence and i am sure can bust out all the will haven tunes with no problem.

I understand what your saying, but vocalists are the voice of the band, and I'm a huge fan of Grady's vocals and I can't picture seeing Will Haven or hearing them without him

Yeah he didn't have much stage presence but he made up for that by doing awesome vocals, it's like you said, the band isn't his first priority anymore and he probably thought at he could commit to being back in the band more than he realized.

Subliminal

Quote from: Gaz on Feb 20, 2007, 09:50 PM
Quote from: Malpractice on Feb 20, 2007, 09:24 PM

I understand what your saying, but vocalists are the voice of the band, and I'm a huge fan of Grady's vocals and I can't picture seeing Will Haven or hearing them without him

Yeah he didn't have much stage presence but he made up for that by doing awesome vocals, it's like you said, the band isn't his first priority anymore and he probably thought at he could commit to being back in the band more than he realized.

Every frontman makes every band what they are, It's like a seal on the envelop. Especially after alll that time and they get replaced, It's just not the same.

They should get my mate Lee to join, He sounds JUST like Grady, Just with a hint of cockney lol