Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Haven

Started by Martin, Jan 06, 2006, 09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malpractice

Quote from: Tuck on Mar 20, 2007, 06:30 AM
Check this out; Chief's pictures, including;

- Pictures of the gig in The Blue Lamp Theatre.
- Pictures of the recording process (also at the Pus Cavern).
- Pictures of; female guestvocals, Jeff on piano, Mitch doing vocals etc. etc.
AWESOME.
those pics were awesome. you can see jeff's old guitar case in a couple of the pics that has the big snot sticker on it as well as some old deftones and tinfed stickers on it. it was also really cool to see the inside of slopez's studio a little more indepthly and see the equipment he has at his disposal

333tone

^indeed. i'm a gear maniac too! damn, can't wait to hear more news about the new Team Sleep record(he said he would work on TS drums in a bulletin he posted)

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Martin

Looking forward to april 9th.
Will Haven & Deftones in the Paradiso.
8)

Martin

William H, 013, Tilburg, The Netherlands.

Martin

Martin

Alvar

Quote from: Tuck on Apr 03, 2007, 04:45 PM
...NEW SITE IS UP!!!!!

you guys did a good job. alot more decent style.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

jc

Malpractice

Quote from: jc on Apr 04, 2007, 02:12 AM
http://www.bielerbros.com/news.html?id=416

june 18th then, to see how much jaworski has ruined will haven.

more like how jaworski saved will haven

jc

Quote from: Malpractice on Apr 04, 2007, 06:15 PM
Quote from: jc on Apr 04, 2007, 02:12 AM
http://www.bielerbros.com/news.html?id=416

june 18th then, to see how much jaworski has ruined will haven.

more like how jaworski saved will haven

saved? saved from what exactly. grady could actually fucking scream, all jaworski does is sounds like a downs syndrome child.

Martin

Interesting discussion.
Without Jeff, Will Haven would haved ceased to excist, hence he saved them.
With Jeff, he doesn't sound like Grady, and it depends on taste wheter you like his vocals or not, if not, you could say Jeff ruined it.

Me? Neither saved nor ruined, I'm just REALLY happy to see Will Haven.

jc

Quote from: Tuck on Apr 05, 2007, 08:44 AM
Interesting discussion.
Without Jeff, Will Haven would haved ceased to excist, hence he saved them.
With Jeff, he doesn't sound like Grady, and it depends on taste wheter you like his vocals or not, if not, you could say Jeff ruined it.

Me? Neither saved nor ruined, I'm just REALLY happy to see Will Haven.

to me grady was will haven. his lyrics, his vocal style. i bought whvn soley cos i heard grady on the soulfly track wth chino. i cant explain how shit its gonna be if this new haven music is fucking bananas and the vocals suck.

Martin

The 'if' in your last sentence sounds as though you have hope still. Good man, give Jeff a chance.

I can see your point, to me Grady is/was part of the Will Haven sound indeed.
But to say is was Will Haven all by himself, that's to much credit for him and far to little to Jeff Irwin's guitaring (the grooving parts, as well as the silent, treatening noises and soundscapes), Mike Martin's bass (the thick, grooving, rumbling sound) and Wayne Morse and now Mitch Wheeler's drums (the slower, straight - on style) ; it all adds.

neutron liar

JESUS! I just found out WILL HAVEN will play the legendary MILWAUKEE METALFEST! 

thats damn near in my back yard....... 

:drools:

Martin

neutron liar

Martin

Martin

Pictures from Zeche, Bocum (29.03.2007) here.

Malpractice

yo tuck do you want me to do a tour archive for your will haven site ?

i could probably whip one up pretty fast and that's like the only thing it's missing too

Martin

That would VERY cool man!

I have thought about it, also on Cap´s idea, but I couldn´t get an accurate one which wouldn´t need like, months of time.
If you want to do one, I´d be very gratefull!