Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Haven

Started by Martin, Jan 06, 2006, 09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

@ Deftoneaddict: It isn't about his wife alone, it's about his family and being able to support it. In a Rock Sound interview Grady said he'd love to do the band fulltime, but only if that can support his family.
He did leave during the UK tour because she was ill/had an accident and was hospitalised.
I know what's on the wikipedia site, I helped write that. I pretty much wrote the whole damn thing in Dutch (but that's besides the point :) )

@ Malpractice: Pretty much the same as I said to Deftonesaddict. I don't think it was matter of 'his first change to get out of Will Haven', but I do agree that the band isn't his first priority anymore; it's his family.
I don't think Grady is the selling point of the band, I think they all bring something unique to the sound. But I do think it's easier to get the same sound out of guitar, bass or drumkit with somebody else behind it then it is to get the same sound out of a different person's troath, or get the same kind of lyrics (which I think were the unique things Grady brought to the band).
I do think Grady has a stage presence, might it not be as crowd interactive as other people. He stands there, belting, and headbanging like a maniac; no bullshit, just full on him.

Martin

vadimo

its shocking to me, i was just imagining seen Will Haven in UK and ofcourse Grady is the man, how WH can exist without him? But i gave myself half an hour to think about this whole situation and....

just last week i was thinking how heavy music these days which is hardcore/metal-core/metal are gone down hill everything sounds the same and with this hair and clothe fashion bullshit - made me feel sad but then i WILL HAVEN came to my mind and their music which is now alive and band is palying live, made me feel YES there is still good bands out there making heavy music.

So someone here said that the new guy wasn't bad at all, i rather still have WILL HAVEN with new vocalist than no WILL HAVEN, we need their music these days, they are one of few bands that keep on making music for pleasure not for some fashion kids.

I really DO WANT WH still play if the vocalist is the right man!

lnkjuice

Quote from: Tuck on Feb 20, 2007, 10:00 PM
I do think Grady has a stage presence, might it not be as crowd interactive as other people. He stands there, belting, and headbanging like a maniac; no bullshit, just full on him.
I totally agree with that. Very intense performances.
--
www.deftnz.net
www.willhaven.fr

MattRSJ

Quote from: vadimo on Feb 20, 2007, 10:45 PM
So someone here said that the new guy wasn't bad at all, i rather still have WILL HAVEN with new vocalist than no WILL HAVEN, we need their music these days, they are one of few bands that keep on making music for pleasure not for some fashion kids.

I really DO WANT WH still play if the vocalist is the right man!

I'm probably signing up to this forum just for one post (by the way HI TUCK  ;D)

The new singer is Jeff Jaworski (of the band RED TAPE). Their album is really VERY good.

Now about heavy music - this band ARE needed more than ever. They are still going to be insanely heavy no matter who is singing for them. I (probably more so than a lot of people as I have lived and bled for everyone of their albums) am GUTTED Grady has left but if his family is more important, who are we to decide otherwise?

It's 2007. Music is the worst it's ever been (INCLUDING METAL). It's haircuts, make up and soulless. I need this band for my own sanity.

And to the dude who wanted 100,000% from a live band - check out my band RSJ. I don't do gigs 300 miles away from where I live and go to work the day after sore as fuck for nothing. We. Put. Out.

Tuck will approve also (which reminds me, you should come over to see us dude!)  ;D

defskull

It doesn't sound like Jaworski will take over recording duties. It just sounds like he'll be touring with the band.

Martin

Yo Matt! Good to see you on here, even if it's for one post 8)
Yeah man, I'm definatly going to see RSJ...just have to figure out when...

Martin

My Space bulletin; New Era of Will Haven.

QuoteI first want to start of this letter by saying thank you to all of our amazing fans, and people who have supported will haven over the years. When people come up and say they love will haven they always have such passion in there eyes when they say it, you know its true. When we started this band we never even thought our music would reach anyone outside of our house, but over the 12 years we have been together is been an amazing ride. So thank you from the bottom of our hearts,

The big announcement in the will haven camp is that Grady has had to limit his time with will haven to concentrate on his family and career. There is always rumors about band members leaving so we want to set the record straight. Grady had originally left the band 3 years ago because he was just burned out as we all were at the time. After a few years we decided to get together and do some shows and perhaps put out a new record. Everything came together quickly and we began doing a UK tour and writing some of the most amazing music we have ever done. Most people think that will haven is our only job, that is so far from the truth. This band is a creative outlet for us, it doesn't pay our bills to support our families. Touring for us are merely vacations at this point, but being creative is the most important thing to us. So keeping this band together has been a hard struggle sometimes due to financial strains on us personally, If your in a band you know how hard it is. It's a beautiful thing but if your not a mainstream band its not very glamorous. So that being said all of us still have careers outside of the band to support our families. So Grady has had to take a job opportunity to make sure his wife and two beautiful children are very well taken care of. This job is a very good thing for him and we support his decision as we all agree family is first and foremost. So whatever rumors you may hear, the facts are Grady is still a member of will haven, but is unable to tour and give the time he wants to the band. He is our brother, our best friend and is continuing helping with the band, He wants us to keep the band going and let the world hear what we started, he wants to be a part of it but he cannot give the time he wants. He is helping with the new record and if has time will sing on a few songs.

Now the new era of will haven begins. We had a tough decision to make when Grady had to limit his time, we could break up or continue to create some of the best music we have ever done. After long discussions and Grady telling us to move forward we looked within our family to find someone to step in. We asked Jeff Jaworski if he would work with us on the new record. He was very happy to step in. Jeff is one of our favorite musicians and sings for one of our favorite bands Red Tape. He is a big reason will haven sounds the way it does, He is the one who introduced me to Neurosis, which is probably the biggest influence on will haven, so Jeff is a big reason will haven is around today, a reason why we wrote a song about him Jaworski on WHVN. He also played bass for us on a Soulfly tour when Mike could not go with us, so he is a very close friend of ours and has always been part of the band. After sitting down to write some songs for the new record, it just felt right, His vocals were amazing over the stuff we were writing. He has brought so much to the new material its been amazing. Will haven has always been about the music, we never set out to be rockstars or make tons of money its about making the most original, heaviest music out there. So that's why we have decided to keep the name will haven and continue on with our journey because the music we are creating is about what will haven stands for. With Jeff in the band we can go out and play shows and tour and spread the will haven noise. So it is a tough decsion, Grady is an amazing frontman but will haven is a family of amazing, passionate musicians and Jaworski is definitely that. We couldn't think of anyone else who could come in and make will haven just amazing as its always has been. So nothing has changed, will haven is still timeless as always, and Jeff has added some amazing stuff to will haven, This new era of will haven will be the best chapter yet, We are very excited about whats to come and the music will speak for itself.

As for the UK tour, we DID NOT cancel the tour, we were ready to go and were very excited to play. The real reason is that when the UK promoters found out Grady was no longer in the band they canceled most of our shows. Its very unfortunate that they did that because will haven is stronger than ever but they felt that the will haven fans would not support us. So that is the reason that the UK dates were canceled. The Deftones tour is still happening so hopefully then we can show people that we are here to stay. If the promoters are shown that our fans still want us over there then hopefully they will rebook the tour sometime later this summer. So we are very sorry for cancellation but is was not our doing.

So thank you for reading, I know there will be some people who will question Grady's departure and we understand, We never wanted to be in this situation, we hate replacing our brothers but we understand its about the music. If we thought we would not be as good then we would not continue but we know that with Jeff we are growing as a band and will not lose anything we have gained over the past 12 years.

So there will be an amazing new album out this summer, and if hopefully a lot more will haven shows.

Thank you for the support and hope to see everyone soon...

Jeff, Mike, Mitch, Grady, Jaworski

The Captain

I was so pissed when I read this on theprp at work earlier. I knew it wouldn't last, but I was hoping the album would be released and they'd do a proper tour or 2 first.

Nothing against Jeff, he's a great guy and I know he's gonna bring some great energy to the band, but as someone stated before, the only reason they even reunited was because of Grady. This was shaping up to be a great year for them and now this is gonna sort of hang over it all.

Again, nothing against Jeff, but this just isn't the same. I hope, after some touring, they just call it quits for good and reunite Ghostride, that would be some shit.

vadimo

Quote from: Tuck on Feb 21, 2007, 07:27 AM
My Space bulletin; New Era of Will Haven.

QuoteI first want to start of this letter by saying thank you to all of our amazing fans, and people who have supported will haven over the years. When people come up and say they love will haven they always have such passion in there eyes when they say it, you know its true. When we started this band we never even thought our music would reach anyone outside of our house, but over the 12 years we have been together is been an amazing ride. So thank you from the bottom of our hearts,

The big announcement in the will haven camp is that Grady has had to limit his time with will haven to concentrate on his family and career. There is always rumors about band members leaving so we want to set the record straight. Grady had originally left the band 3 years ago because he was just burned out as we all were at the time. After a few years we decided to get together and do some shows and perhaps put out a new record. Everything came together quickly and we began doing a UK tour and writing some of the most amazing music we have ever done. Most people think that will haven is our only job, that is so far from the truth. This band is a creative outlet for us, it doesn't pay our bills to support our families. Touring for us are merely vacations at this point, but being creative is the most important thing to us. So keeping this band together has been a hard struggle sometimes due to financial strains on us personally, If your in a band you know how hard it is. It's a beautiful thing but if your not a mainstream band its not very glamorous. So that being said all of us still have careers outside of the band to support our families. So Grady has had to take a job opportunity to make sure his wife and two beautiful children are very well taken care of. This job is a very good thing for him and we support his decision as we all agree family is first and foremost. So whatever rumors you may hear, the facts are Grady is still a member of will haven, but is unable to tour and give the time he wants to the band. He is our brother, our best friend and is continuing helping with the band, He wants us to keep the band going and let the world hear what we started, he wants to be a part of it but he cannot give the time he wants. He is helping with the new record and if has time will sing on a few songs.

Now the new era of will haven begins. We had a tough decision to make when Grady had to limit his time, we could break up or continue to create some of the best music we have ever done. After long discussions and Grady telling us to move forward we looked within our family to find someone to step in. We asked Jeff Jaworski if he would work with us on the new record. He was very happy to step in. Jeff is one of our favorite musicians and sings for one of our favorite bands Red Tape. He is a big reason will haven sounds the way it does, He is the one who introduced me to Neurosis, which is probably the biggest influence on will haven, so Jeff is a big reason will haven is around today, a reason why we wrote a song about him Jaworski on WHVN. He also played bass for us on a Soulfly tour when Mike could not go with us, so he is a very close friend of ours and has always been part of the band. After sitting down to write some songs for the new record, it just felt right, His vocals were amazing over the stuff we were writing. He has brought so much to the new material its been amazing. Will haven has always been about the music, we never set out to be rockstars or make tons of money its about making the most original, heaviest music out there. So that's why we have decided to keep the name will haven and continue on with our journey because the music we are creating is about what will haven stands for. With Jeff in the band we can go out and play shows and tour and spread the will haven noise. So it is a tough decsion, Grady is an amazing frontman but will haven is a family of amazing, passionate musicians and Jaworski is definitely that. We couldn't think of anyone else who could come in and make will haven just amazing as its always has been. So nothing has changed, will haven is still timeless as always, and Jeff has added some amazing stuff to will haven, This new era of will haven will be the best chapter yet, We are very excited about whats to come and the music will speak for itself.

As for the UK tour, we DID NOT cancel the tour, we were ready to go and were very excited to play. The real reason is that when the UK promoters found out Grady was no longer in the band they canceled most of our shows. Its very unfortunate that they did that because will haven is stronger than ever but they felt that the will haven fans would not support us. So that is the reason that the UK dates were canceled. The Deftones tour is still happening so hopefully then we can show people that we are here to stay. If the promoters are shown that our fans still want us over there then hopefully they will rebook the tour sometime later this summer. So we are very sorry for cancellation but is was not our doing.

So thank you for reading, I know there will be some people who will question Grady's departure and we understand, We never wanted to be in this situation, we hate replacing our brothers but we understand its about the music. If we thought we would not be as good then we would not continue but we know that with Jeff we are growing as a band and will not lose anything we have gained over the past 12 years.

So there will be an amazing new album out this summer, and if hopefully a lot more will haven shows.

Thank you for the support and hope to see everyone soon...

Jeff, Mike, Mitch, Grady, Jaworski

fuck ya unstoppable Will Haven.

one of the very few heavy bands these days that do music for music.

neutron liar

so without sifting through everything....Grady left again, but the album is already done right? with his vox?

law

Quote from: The Captain on Feb 21, 2007, 08:53 AM
I was so pissed when I read this on theprp at work earlier. I knew it wouldn't last, but I was hoping the album would be released and they'd do a proper tour or 2 first.

Nothing against Jeff, he's a great guy and I know he's gonna bring some great energy to the band, but as someone stated before, the only reason they even reunited was because of Grady. This was shaping up to be a great year for them and now this is gonna sort of hang over it all.

Again, nothing against Jeff, but this just isn't the same. I hope, after some touring, they just call it quits for good and reunite Ghostride, that would be some shit.

I kinda agree with that, I'll see what they're like at Rock City and give a full unbiased review :P

Martin

Quote from: neutron liar on Feb 21, 2007, 02:57 PM
so without sifting through everything....Grady left again, but the album is already done right? with his vox?

No. Album is being made, Grady's writing and no real confirmation about wether he's on the album as well.
It's best if you do read through their last MySpace bulletin.

justaphase

i saw the new will haven and i did enjoy it. jeff is great but just imagine chino getting replaced from the deftones. i feel those hardcore whvn fans.

skinnypuppy

woulda been tight if chino played that troubadour show as replacement...

Chrisbo

Quote from: law on Feb 21, 2007, 04:03 PM
I kinda agree with that, I'll see what they're like at Rock City and give a full unbiased review :P

Nah dude, the UK dates are cancelled as far as I know.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Martin

Quote from: Chrisbo on Feb 22, 2007, 12:55 PM

Correct. Though they did not cancell it themselves, the clubs did. See the myspace quote on this page.

neutron liar

Quote from: Tuck on Feb 21, 2007, 04:37 PM
Quote from: neutron liar on Feb 21, 2007, 02:57 PM

word.. Read it all.  Quite interesting.  Wondering how Jaworski sounds....

No. Album is being made, Grady's writing and no real confirmation about wether he's on the album as well.
It's best if you do read through their last MySpace bulletin.

Martin

So do I. I know how he sounds in Red Tape, but screaming all the way, I don't know yet.
I do very much hope Grady's gonna do the vocals on the album, or at least half the album.

Chrisbo

Quote from: Tuck on Feb 22, 2007, 03:10 PM
Quote from: Chrisbo on Feb 22, 2007, 12:55 PM

Correct. Though they did not cancell it themselves, the clubs did. See the myspace quote on this page.

Yeah dude, I read it. I've been wondering to myself, if they hadnt cancelled it, would I have still been willing to buy a ticket to go see the show...

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life