Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

RIP

Started by There Will Be Blood, Jun 21, 2011, 02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pissedandpierced

Terry Nutkins.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

theis

The children and staff at Sandy Hook Elementary...

So tragic. Fuck, man...

devilinside

I can't quit crying and I don't even know these people. All I can do is imagine the faces of the children at my daughters school Christmas play last night,and it just breaks my heart,as a parent,to think of what these families are going through right now. I cannot even imagine. :'(

bright lights, big city

So horrible. And to think most of them were in a single kindergarten class. All I could think is that they were the same age as my goddaughter.

This country better get ready for a big discussion on gun control.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 14, 2012, 11:17 PM
This country better get ready for a big discussion on gun control.

This should have happened ages ago and the fact that is hasn't makes me angry. If this doesn't make people wake up, I don't know what will.

My big question: Why children? I don't understand that. I just don't. I'm heartbroken.

DeftonesNZ

This is really sad man, killing children now? you have to be fucking kidding me how many shooting sprees will it take before the U.S will change their backwards laws and introduce some better gun control it's just ridiculous how they refuse change because of the whole "right to bear arms" thing societies changed the laws need to adapt accordingly,this is why they have a bad reputation overseas.

devilinside

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Dec 14, 2012, 11:57 PM

My big question: Why children? I don't understand that. I just don't. I'm heartbroken.

They're considered "soft" targets. A large group of defenseless people,in this case,innocent children,that you can take out in a faster burst. Sadly,these poor children were targeted because they were associated with the crazy fucks mother. And it pisses me off even more that he took his life afterwards,cause boy I'd love to beat the shit out him.

Alas,no matter what the gun laws are/will become,people will alway's find a way to posses them...just like illegal drugs. So it doesn't really matter because they will always be floating around regardless of laws. And it's a shame that because you have people that are nuts and shoot up schools,that the people that are responsible with guns,like myself,get punished. But if it comes between owning a firearm and the sheer HOPE of this bullshit ending,then I would gladly give mine up. But I know in the end this will never stop.

Jacob

yeah, the best way to stop people from getting shot is to bring more guns to the people! logic ftw!

no one is punishing you. the only people getting punished are the innocent people getting shot every day.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

DeftonesNZ

Yeah there would be a black market that would pop up but at least it would be harder to get the weapons and if people were found with them they could be prosecuted there's a place for guns for people like you that are respnsible but there needs to be safeguards for others ,In NZ you can't have automatic guns only rifles and pistols and to get your gun licence you have to be sponsored by other people who have their licences and you also have to renew after a while and to pass you have to get statements of character from people you know (can't be family members) to say you are responsible with guns. It just seems so silly that you can build up a whole arsenal like the Batman guy did and it's all completely legal,I know the U.S has a bigger population so there's more of a chance of it happening but they also a have a real gun culture that makes it worse in NZ our cops don't even have guns and only some carry tazers and we have very little gun crime, as far as mass shootings go I think there's only been one like 30 years ago

devilinside

Quote from: Jacob on Dec 15, 2012, 03:30 AM
yeah, the best way to stop people from getting shot is to bring more guns to the people! logic ftw!

no one is punishing you. the only people getting punished are the innocent people getting shot every day.

Do you understand how many unregistered guns there are in the US? Selling them in a store or not,they will still circulate just like they do now. There is no reason to be a smart ass about it,and logic would tell you there will always be a way to get a gun.

devilinside

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 15, 2012, 03:37 AM
Yeah there would be a black market that would pop up but at least it would be harder to get the weapons and if people were found with them they could be prosecuted there's a place for guns for people like you that are respnsible but there needs to be safeguards for others ,In NZ you can't have automatic guns only rifles and pistols and to get your gun licence you have to be sponsored by other people who have their licences and you also have to renew after a while and to pass you have to get statements of character from people you know (can't be family members) to say you are responsible with guns. It just seems so silly that you can build up a whole arsenal like the Batman guy did and it's all completely legal,I know the U.S has a bigger population so there's more of a chance of it happening but they also a have a real gun culture that makes it worse in NZ our cops don't even have guns and only some carry tazers and we have very little gun crime, as far as mass shootings go I think there's only been one like 30 years ago

I agree that there should be a huge process you should have to go through to bear arms. Hell,even a psych analysis would be fine with me,then again someone could possibly snap @ any time and go rogue. I've gone into a huge schpeal over why I posses a gun,so I wont go into it again. And I understand people kill people everyday,but damn,not children...5/6 year olds at that. This shit has put me in a serious depression all day. And what about the dude in China stabbing 22 children on their way to school?

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I'm not all anti-gun there are legitimate reasons to have guns, I think people should be able to have guns aslong as they go through a process to make sure they are suitable there will be some people who snap but I think the psych analysis is a great idea,there's not just one fix that will stop everything but it may catch alot people with those violent tendencies before they get guns I think they should also have to be reassessed after a certain period of time rather than a one off thing because people can change dramatically over time whether it's just a slow degrade of their morals or even some one off event that changes their personality for the worse stuff like head injuries that make people extremely temperamental and violent.

This thing upset me alot aswell but it makes me appreciate how safe NZ is compared to other parts of the world I think I'm extremely lucky to live here I used to think it was shit because it was so small but now I can't honestly think of another place i'd like to live.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: devilinside on Dec 15, 2012, 03:45 AM
And what about the dude in China stabbing 22 children on their way to school?
interestingly, no fatalities. if that were a gun, however...

But yeah nutjobs are everywhere. And I'm definitely all for a psych evaluation for getting a gun. should be like driving a car - written test and accuracy test on top of the psych eval.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

TheShade1989

Banning guns is like banning cars because of drink-drivers. What they need to do is spot signs of mental illness sooner and do something about it rather than throwing pills at everyone or ignoring it. There seem to be a lotta psychos and sociopaths on the increase in America, and banning guns doesnt do much, it'll just manifest in another way. No point treating the symptoms rather than the disease. They just need to be more thorough. The majority of gun owners are responsible, sane ppl though.

deftones86

They want your guns. Just ask your self who will have guns if they are outlawed. Criminals. And guns are banned in Mexico look how that's working out. im all for saving the children but I like to think Americas biggest deterrent against our government and others is we can arm every person from 18 to 90 and still have guns left. Guns will never go away in America and that's just how it is. Try that shit in Texas ain't happenin. You can legally own hand grenades and .50 cal machine guns. 

DeftonesNZ

It's sad that it has got to that point where in America you need a gun to feel safe people shouldn't have to feel that unsafe in their own country and homes it all just spirals out of control after a while ,cops get guns so the criminals get guns too then citizens get guns so they can defend themselves from the criminals.Probably doesn't help that America has lots of foreign enemies aswell I guess that creates a paranoia among people that they could be attacked at any time but the truth is their right the past shows it attacks are possible.

chick de la lynch

I don't think anyone in this thread is saying to BAN guns. We just need a less relaxed system to get a gun--background check, psych evaluations, etc. There are plenty of people who own guns who are not psychopaths and upstanding citizens. I don't think they should be punished for a few rotten eggs in the bunch and you know, Bill of Rights.

I personally don't like guns. Never have, never will. I do understand there are people who like having a gun around them for protection or they enjoy hunting. As long as there is still a 2nd Amendment, U.S citizens will still have the right to bear arms. I just want to make sure the people who own the guns won't snap and do something like this and commit mass murder on a random group of people. Just because the 2nd Amendment exists doesn't mean getting a gun should be a lax process.

I think accessing mental health care should also be easier than accessing a gun. I think that's just common fucking sense right there.

Corleone

How is not having a gun "being punished" I don't understand.

chick de la lynch

Punished was the wrong word on my end. I should have used "being denied a right in the U.S." (Mind you, I'm only speaking about the U.S.).

Corleone

You don't deserve that right.