The +/- thread!

Started by raynor, Jun 23, 2004, 01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

Quote from: downtownpony on Feb 09, 2014, 07:08 PM
Go see a shrink man.

I second that.

Quote from: deftones47 on Feb 10, 2014, 01:19 AM
+ While everyone says this forum is dying, it's a lot more alive than the forum I used to use (Gamecheetz)

I would say the golden days of this forum were something like 5-6 years ago (what the hell I have been on here for almost a decade). Now it's rather boring still I visit each and every day, mostly out of habit and just having some internet buddies here.

+ I was interviewed by a french/czech online magazine. Also invited to play in a metal festival in summer, but I think I'll decline the offer since I am playing electronic music and singing live, I don't believe they would like that.
+ Tallinn Music Week is coming very soon, I am very glad they have invited me to play there.
+ Most probably first EP in May, since I have around 60 tracks for "King Sleep" project that are not released. It's unbearable to see good tracks waiting in line to be released.
- Winter is stressing me out, my family is stressing me out with their typical blame/guilt/passive-agressive manipulation, so I am trying to grow as a man and become more and more independent. I have moved out to my own flat three years ago and they are still holding some reins on me, it's not nice
+ Everything else is fiiiine

Diplo

Quote from: deftones47 on Feb 10, 2014, 01:19 AM
+ While everyone says this forum is dying, it's a lot more alive than the forum I used to use (Gamecheetz)

I would say the golden days of this forum were something like 5-6 years ago (what the hell I have been on here for almost a decade). Now it's rather boring still I visit each and every day, mostly out of habit and just having some internet buddies here.
[/quote]

- Things like that always shows me that my generation is late or something, every thing who was at the top is falling down, not good as before or dead when we arrive. Nothing seems to be in construction, nothing happens but maybe I'm just blind.
+ Apparently I'm immune against fatigue.

lostpilot

Well, dude, sorry about that, but the society is changing, and forums/message boards (and IRC) like SL are kind of a thing of the previous generation. Other forums like After the Post Rock moved on in design/layout solutions to fit the modern "Facebook generation" consumer, to keep all of the visitors. However, I don't believe other forums have users as passionate about a band or music generally as SL has. Wait till Deftones release a new album, then all of the kids will come back in a wave :)

blixa

- high school acquaintance sending me pictures of his penis on snapchat.

+ thank god for block option.

Make_shift Destiny

Quote from: blixa on Feb 12, 2014, 04:27 PM
- high school acquaintance sending me pictures of his penis on snapchat.

+ thank god for block option.

How's that any different than him sending a pic of any other random body part like his arm or face? Girls are so confusing
Give her what you know she wants

honeybeewu

+ Got to see +++ in NYC Wednesday night
+ Drank a lot of bourbon
+ Made it home in one piece

-Chino, chuck and Shaun breezed right past me post show and I didn't get a pic
- I cried ( lol )
- Had a horrible hangover the next day

Diplo

+++ Live in a place with the best beers.

chick de la lynch

+Just got laid last night after going through a four month dry spell and it was all kinds of amazing!

sing blue silver

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Feb 16, 2014, 06:49 AM
+Just got laid last night after going through a four month dry spell and it was all kinds of amazing!

black coffee

just my two cents regarding all those "this place is dead" posts - if you're looking for entertainment while bored at work, university or where ever you are, this is probably not the right place to find that. just saying...

+ dredg concert in a few months
+ saving for this awesome and ridiculously expensive e-drumset and planning to start a jam band with friends
+/- started playing chess half a year ago and ever since I am addicted to this beautiful game

digital bath

+ got a small salary increase
+ soulfly concert in 2 weeks
+/- need to rid of my belly fat until summer
- still don't get my pre order of the crosses CD and vinyls   >:(

sing blue silver

+ Had an interview for a job that I believe went fairly well
+ Saw Bill Burr the other night and got to meet him briefly afterwards
- Still no word on my goddamn Crosses vinyl pre-orders.

deftones47

+ Got Crosses album on vinyl with MP3 download code
+ Seeing Dillinger Escape Plan in a month
+ Seeing Mastodon with Gojira and Kvelertak the following month

sing blue silver

+++ Got the job!
+One of my ††† vinyls finally showed up.
+Things finally seem to be turning around. Let's hope it stays that way.

deftones47

+ Dillinger Escape Plan concert was great last night
- Right wrist terribly hurts from moshing

digital bath

+have met a new girl, she is very pretty, intelligent and humorous :-*
+We get along very well, write a lot and send us pictures
- I know that she also writes with other guys, and that she would not be jealous (not yet, because she doesn't know me so well) if I also wrote with other women :-\
- don't know what I should think about that, probably I have too many thoughts about that. that pisses me off

Beezus Glue

+ My fiancé
+/- We met on Sharing Lungs

deftones47

- Shortly after hurting my wrist, I get sick with a cold and a sinus infection

Romain

deftones47

+ Sinus infection is long gone
+ Wrist is fine again
+ Mastodon on May 13th!
+/- Finals coming up