Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imbrie

Well, depending upon the postal method that they're sent by, they'd need to be despatched by Thursday for there to be any chance of us receiving them on Friday. At least a digital download is included in vinyl pre-orders.

Frankz0r

Im tired of these reviews to be honest. Now I know theyre all good but that is so subjective

ANattyRat

Didn't Gore get really good reviews too?

ANattyRat

"Undoubtedly, the albums showpiece is the 'The Spell of Mathematics' -  a shapeshifting slab of shoegaze that contains one of the finest choruses the band has ever written. After the spin-cycle of ghostly keys and morphing basslines subside, it delicately retreats into an ambient soundscape that merges into 'Pompeji', where Moreno uses biblical imagery to address his demons amid a nine-string onslaught courtesy of Carpenter."

Damn, that's exciting.

ChubbyChino

Quote from: ANattyRat on Sep 22, 2020, 11:33 AM
"Undoubtedly, the albums showpiece is the ‘The Spell of Mathematics’ -  a shapeshifting slab of shoegaze that contains one of the finest choruses the band has ever written. After the spin-cycle of ghostly keys and morphing basslines subside, it delicately retreats into an ambient soundscape that merges into ‘Pompeji’, where Moreno uses biblical imagery to address his demons amid a nine-string onslaught courtesy of Carpenter."

Damn, that's exciting.

Wow, really? Tbh this song is VERY meh in my opinion. The chorus is AIDS. One of their worst ever, but the rest of the song is OK. At least I know there are much better songs on the album.

Frankz0r

Quote from: ChubbyChino on Sep 22, 2020, 11:37 AM
"Undoubtedly, the albums showpiece is the 'The Spell of Mathematics' -  a shapeshifting slab of shoegaze that contains one of the finest choruses the band has ever written. After the spin-cycle of ghostly keys and morphing basslines subside, it delicately retreats into an ambient soundscape that merges into 'Pompeji', where Moreno uses biblical imagery to address his demons amid a nine-string onslaught courtesy of Carpenter."

Damn, that's exciting.

Wow, really? Tbh this song is VERY meh in my opinion. The chorus is AIDS. One of their worst ever, but the rest of the song is OK. At least I know there are much better songs on the album.

where did you hear that song?

Inkblades

^ It was played on Chino's Mixlr.

The Spell of Mathematics is greatness. The chorus is very strong, but my favorite part is the space rock climax that sounds like traveling through a black hole.

Frankz0r

I see.

It's funny how it hasn't leaked yet but one of the chances for it to be leaked comes from chino himself

ghostofemilydickinson

Based on the description in the reviews, I'm fully expecting Pompeji to be my favorite track.

ANattyRat

Quote from: ChubbyChino on Sep 22, 2020, 11:37 AM

Damn, that's exciting.

There's very few Deftones songs that I don't absolutely love, so forgive me but I'm going to take the positive reviews as a better indication of my own feelings when I hear the album lol. I heard a few other members say the song is amazing too. But yeah, just depends on people's own personal tastes I guess.

Quote from: ghostofemilydickinson on Sep 22, 2020, 12:08 PM
Based on the description in the reviews, I'm fully expecting Pompeji to be my favorite track.

I agree. When I first saw the tracklist, Pompeji was the one I was most intrigued by, and the descriptions make it sound incredible.

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 22, 2020, 11:53 AM
^ It was played on Chino's Mixlr.

The Spell of Mathematics is greatness. The chorus is very strong, but my favorite part is the space rock climax that sounds like traveling through a black hole.

The description says it's shoegaze-y. Would you say it has kind of a ST vibe, or no?

Moz La Punk

Its so close now I can almost touch it. I saw a record store owner on reddit that had listened to it already. The reviews are all glowing. The hype is reaching high lives here.

defsteve

Quote from: Gaz on Sep 22, 2020, 08:43 AM
Anyone from the UK had a notification of orders shipping yet?

Not yet. Ordered from UK webstore and also gold vinyl from Banquet.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Gaz

Quote from: defsteve on Sep 22, 2020, 01:02 PM
Quote from: Gaz on Sep 22, 2020, 08:43 AM
Anyone from the UK had a notification of orders shipping yet?

Not yet. Ordered from UK webstore and also gold vinyl from Banquet.

Yeah same, pre ordered the gold vinyl from Crash Records in Leeds, sounds like some record stores already have received the stock, so hoping it gets posted soon

Vesanic

It'll be Sep 25 in less than 48 hours in New Zealand. The album will be officially out over there and of course that copy will spread around. We're so close to that release, and to a no-leak!

imbrie

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 22, 2020, 01:29 PM
It'll be Sep 25 in less than 48 hours in New Zealand. The album will be officially out over there and of course that copy will spread around. We're so close to that release, and to a no-leak!

Absolutely. Some albums just don't leak, like they did a few years ago. They've done really well this go round.  As you say, the album will appear online in two days but that doesn't constitute a leak as again, as you point out, it's purely circulation of the official release in NZ.

buflen

I mean, Ohms had the worse kind of leak, so I wouldn't say it didn't leak.

GR1X7S

As achingly bad as I want to experience this album I am happy that it hasn't leaked.  The label have done an excellent job.