Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Far away

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: ghostofemilydickinson on Sep 21, 2020, 07:58 PM
Quote from: kurtone on Sep 21, 2020, 07:39 PM
https://www.theprp.com/2020/09/21/news/deftones-chino-moreno-reveals-the-songs-he-listened-to-while-driving-to-the-studio-for-ohms-sessions/

Hell yes, Harold Budd. He's been one of my favorite artists for YEARS and no one ever talks about him. I know Biran Eno is supposed to be the ambient master, but Budd is just as good. His album "The White Arcades" is basically a masterpiece of creepy beauty and anything he does with Robin Guthrie is just about flawless.
I love Harold Budd! Both Ambient 2 and The Pearl are amazing as far as his Eno collaborations go, but The Moon And The Melodies by Cocteau Twins is what first exposed me to him. I adore that album.

LG95

Quote from: ghostofemilydickinson on Sep 21, 2020, 07:58 PM
Quote from: kurtone on Sep 21, 2020, 07:39 PM
https://www.theprp.com/2020/09/21/news/deftones-chino-moreno-reveals-the-songs-he-listened-to-while-driving-to-the-studio-for-ohms-sessions/

Hell yes, Harold Budd. He's been one of my favorite artists for YEARS and no one ever talks about him. I know Biran Eno is supposed to be the ambient master, but Budd is just as good. His album "The White Arcades" is basically a masterpiece of creepy beauty and anything he does with Robin Guthrie is just about flawless.
Yes he's brilliant. Was listening to Perhaps the other day.
I could float here forever

Draken

ghostofemilydickinson

Woah. All the Harold Budd love has me feeling some kind of way.  I'm OG Deftones fan since hearing 7 Words on my local alternative radio station's "cage Match." Been through a few different Deftones forums, even the short-lived yet awesome Team Sleep forum, and lurked here for years. But I feel as if I have finally found my place.

Anyone here heard of/listen to Kwajbasket? If so, I've truly found my home...

Draken

It's no wonder they have a penchant for mood and atmosphere when they listen to stuff like this.
the dream team right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBm_9r1YAc4

Draken

Quote from: ghostofemilydickinson on Sep 21, 2020, 08:21 PM
Woah. All the Harold Budd love has me feeling some kind of way.  I'm OG Deftones fan since hearing 7 Words on my local alternative radio station's "cage Match." Been through a few different Deftones forums, even the short-lived yet awesome Team Sleep forum, and lurked here for years. But I feel as if I have finally found my place.

:D that's good to hear! No i haven't heard that group before but I've discovered so much new music thanks to this forum and its members. I'll have to check them out!

LG95

Quote from: Draken on Sep 21, 2020, 08:24 PM
It's no wonder they have a penchant for mood and atmosphere when they listen to stuff like this.
the dream team right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBm_9r1YAc4
Cocteau Twins have become one of my favourite bands ever over the last few years.

ghostofemilydickinson

Quote from: Draken on Sep 21, 2020, 08:26 PM
Quote from: ghostofemilydickinson on Sep 21, 2020, 08:21 PM

:D that's good to hear! No i haven't heard that group before but I've discovered so much new music thanks to this forum and its members. I'll have to check them out!

start with "Science Fiction Soundtrack." Perfect guitar-ambient album

Matthewtheloser

As far as ambient goes, next to Eno/Budd, my favorite ambient artist is probably Stars Of The Lid. If anyone here is not familiar and loves warm, meditative music, stop what you're doing and listen to them immediately. But I digress, I'll stop before we get yelled at for getting off topic

Yossarian

Listening to H.Budd for 1st time right now and it sounds amazing. Great recommendation guys!
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

DenakDW

With all this reviews we are getting, it feels like it's about to leak... but a the same time feels it's not. They did a great job.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

BallZDeeP

Quote from: DenakDW on Sep 21, 2020, 08:54 PM
With all this reviews we are getting, it feels like it's about to leak... but a the same time feels it's not. They did a great job.

It's Inevitable

LG95

That's just the online review embargo being lifted. Streams were sent out to a lot of these online reviewers last week, I believe.

Visionz

I wish I never knew they were fans of the show Lost. I'm getting serious Lost vibes by the descriptions in the reviews. I mean about to be killed for reasons you don't know by forces unknown and sounds of the ocean and seagulls and just about everything... freedom?all that. I also know parts of diamond eyes if I recall correctly were inspired by Lost... TPID? I'm starting to believe Chino might be obsessed with the show just a thought. And I imagine that can bring out some damn good writing and inspiration and I like the idea

Draken

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 21, 2020, 09:39 PM
I wish I never knew they were fans of the show Lost. I'm getting serious Lost vibes by the descriptions in the reviews. I mean about to be killed for reasons you don't know by forces unknown and sounds of the ocean and seagulls and just about everything... freedom?all that. I also know parts of diamond eyes if I recall correctly were inspired by Lost... TPID? I'm starting to believe Chino might be obsessed with the show just a thought. And I imagine that can bring out some damn good writing and inspiration and I like the idea

next one it'll be Cobra Kai, Chino'll be like "HEeeYaaA!!, WaX oNn wAX oFF!!!"

Draken

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Sep 21, 2020, 08:57 PM

It's Inevitable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZgeIReY04c

ANattyRat

I'm sorry but I really need the album to leak, the reviews are killing my patience. Obviously I don't "want" it to leak for their sake, but I REALLY can't wait to listen to the album.

DenakDW

I want it to leak cause I already pre-ordered that bundle+hoodie lol
And all the days I've missed you 🍂