Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

Yup I knew you could come around V... the bridge is criminally short. It needs one more I'll show you the way then it's perfect.

Vesanic

In my defense, I listened to it twice only (leak excluded).

ANattyRat

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 20, 2020, 11:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXUkg8Iqs04

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"I react to ALL genres of music."
*Two seconds of screaming later* NOOOOPE.

DenakDW

And all the days I've missed you 🍂

E-Money

My ears were literally ringing this morning from blasting genesis yesterday. God it's good turned all the way up. 😜😈

Visionz

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 21, 2020, 12:26 AM
In my defense, I listened to it twice only (leak excluded).

"Im my defense"??? What u mean?

HexagramRX

People talking about worst Deftones song and no mention of Hole in the Earth?  :o

Visionz

I do not know why or how, but when I look at the track listing for this album, all the song titles seem to fit together. I don't know if it's because I haven't heard the whole thing and I haven't looked at it that Way in my younger days,  but everything jives in some way that I cant explain for the first time ever, the track listing all seems to fit together even though they never fit with the songs because they are 90% of the time random. Also,  I am on the verge of listening to Genesis. Too many diehards out there that I remember from back in the day when I was a part of sharing lungs a long long long time ago revering it as a great track. I can't stand it anymore and I'm about to just do it because I realize how stupid it is to hold out because I'm proving nothing to nobody if I do or dont.... here we go

Visionz

Quote from: HexagramRX on Sep 21, 2020, 03:17 AM
People talking about worst Deftones song and no mention of Hole in the Earth?  :o

Hey man, i dont judge but if you are going to say WORST as in all caps, you don't name hole in the Earth by Deftones. That is definitely not their worst track and I know you can do better than that.

Also, to me and it may be a lot of other people that song may be extra special to because Chino was talking about his own band and maybe even other friends and that song still was a single and still came out talking about them. Not to mention it does have its prettiness. I also remember Chi saying, maybe not Word for Word but "I don't care what he says as long as the fucking song gets finished or the album gets finished". And that is special to me because it was Chi  and because the song isn't the worst track ever and you r probably on your own on that one sorry bud.

HexagramRX

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 21, 2020, 03:20 AM
Quote from: HexagramRX on Sep 21, 2020, 03:17 AM

Hey man, i dont judge but if you are going to say worse as in all caps, you don't name hole in the Earth by Deftones. That is definitely not their worst track and I know you can do better than that.

I disagree.

nicklav

Lol Hole in the Earth is better than so many songs. I mean, Gore exists.

Visionz

So as you can see I added to what I said because I'm a drunk bitch right now, I don't mean any harm and I know everybody has opinions but there are far worse songs than that if you really mean what you said. It's definitely not a favorite  track for me of any music in the world, so don't take it that way, but come on now. It's beautiful even if you don't like it,  If that makes any sense.... and I even tell that to myself about that one. I have revisited it after 14 or 15 long years over and over and over and love it more and more because of that whole idea of what the song is behind and because it really isn't a bad track.

HexagramRX

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 21, 2020, 03:28 AM
So as you can see I added to what I said because I'm a drunk bitch right now, I don't mean any harm and I know everybody has opinions but there are far worse songs than that if you really mean what you said. It's definitely not a favorite  track for me of any music in the world, so don't take it that way, but come on now. It's beautiful even if you don't like it,  If that makes any sense.... and I even tell that to myself about that one. I have revisited it after 14 or 15 long years over and over and over and love it more and more because of that whole idea of what the song is behind and because it really isn't a bad track.

I can respect that. Had that album playing in my vehicle for about a year straight back in the day.. and go back to snw frequently .. still can't get into that track and I would personally skip to any song in the Deftones library. If I'm alone in that opinion I'm genuinely surprised.

buflen

Only thing i could say negative about "hole in the earth" is that it is chino's voice at its absolute worse and the demo has a better structure.

but it's not a bad song at all

BallZDeeP

How many of you waited in line for ATF and WP the night it was released?

This is the most excited I have been since an album release. Went to both tour kick off shows too. Wish there was a show next week

Vesanic

There he goes, check 4:28 (Genesis was placed in his "Worst tracks" section for this week)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wRFbd9PrtM

zeromindset

Quote from: Hidalgo on Sep 20, 2020, 02:37 PM
Quote from: secretbandinsider on Sep 20, 2020, 02:01 PM
Genesis has somehow become my low-key favorite Deftones song and I'm not sure how I feel about that. That bridge is so relaxing and I can't believe the chorus sounded like AIDS to me the first time I heard it, but now I can't get it out of my head. Do you guys think there will be any solos on the album this time? Was just wondering because I think some well-timed melodic mini-solos like on Phantom Bride or Hearts would be very welcome.
there could be solos kinda like the one in goon squad, or the intro solo in hearts/wires (just barely able to be called solos). but Stephen seems hell bent on never doing a proper solo on an album. i thinks he's capable of a decent one(answers, and "dallas" from eros come to mind) but he's not willing, at all, zero, zip, zilch, nada. i mean Jerry Cantrell set them up perfectly with a manageable guitar solo, and Stef doesn't step up and play it live, he makes Chino do it(halfway correct), when it should be no problem for Stephen(he's the more skilled of the 2). maybe he's really just that bad, no idea. its bizarre to put it mildly, but he absolutely refuses, and avoids putting solos on their albums like the plague
Good

buflen

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 21, 2020, 03:55 AM
There he goes, check 4:28 (Genesis was placed in his "Worst tracks" section for this week)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wRFbd9PrtM
i expected him to be much meaner to the song. like I can't tell what he didn't like about it beside djenty guitar (?) and I guess the annoying screams?

Inkblades

Lol the Youtube comments are flaming him over it.

Draken

Quote from: nicklav on Sep 21, 2020, 03:27 AM
Lol Hole in the Earth is better than so many songs. I mean, Gore exists.

I've warmed up to SNW over the years, still their bottom tier for me though.

Quote from: buflen on Sep 21, 2020, 03:45 AM
Only thing i could say negative about "hole in the earth" is that it is chino's voice at its absolute worse and the demo has a better structure.

but it's not a bad song at all

The live performances are so cringe worthy (looking at you Live on Conan) I like the song though.

Does anybody else hear "I hate all of my friends they all lactate... sometimes"? (I know he says lack taste..)