Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Entertain Me: Promote This Movie

Started by bloody_liver, Apr 07, 2006, 02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisbo

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

paradigm

so who thinks the preview to this looks about 10,000 times cooler than the dvd that came out 6 months ago????     

Far away

Quote from: paradigm on Apr 11, 2006, 06:55 PM
so who thinks the preview to this looks about 10,000 times cooler than the dvd that came out 6 months ago????     

Honestly, i liked what i saw in the B-sides and rarities! This film, looks kinda different. Each dvd with a different history!

blue_silver

you know I have been thinking about it, and being a deftones fan isn't fucking easy- sure you have moments of pure bliss like listening to white pony all the way through and getting to see the tones live and what not but then most of the time we are waiting (3 years) in between CD's and always asking the question what if or Why not? Like with this DVD, why do we get teased with it but maverick wont release it? why do the deftones play a new song during the taste of chaos tour just to make us wait another 6 months for the actual album?... sorry I just had to get that off my chest- carry on... ;)
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you...

ee cummings

DefUnNorma428

good point tho man...the dvd thing pisses me off with maverick too but that will be explained soon...thats all im saying

flattop_tony

good lord I signed this the other day and there were less than 100 sigs now its 750+
!!!!! but we'll still probably never see this film

bloody_liver

Does anyone think it's still cool that the petition says

"Maverick Records felt that the film was "dark and depressing" ?

I'm not sure about the legalities but can we really make a claim that the record company feels this way?

If not The Captain then deftoolsys07 should be the spokesperson because ultimately he/she is the one who got the petition up in the first place.

And then again if neither of them want to be the spokesperson then I'd be willing and happy to be... =)

I might make some flyers for the petition and post them around the TOC show on Thursday. Anyone here gonna be at the Toronto show?

DefUnNorma428

yo post thems shits at the show for sure...good thinking...and the petition should say something like maverick chose not to release it...once we get an official statement which will be soon...then we can quote that

everyone flood myspace with shit....the deftones offical myspace...and mavericks if they have one...aim for myspaces with alot of views and traffic...post trailer link and petition link....this way more ppl sign and when the ppl that should see this do...they will have to have a meeting

kickover

signed.  the clip looks really cool.
You're a star, you blaze out like a sharp machine..

deftonekid

Quote from: paradigm on Apr 11, 2006, 06:55 PM

is not 10,000 cooler, for my its just cooler

bloody_liver

Unless the original petition can be re-worded without being reset then we're gonna have to start the petition all over again once andrew releases a statement

kickover

So if this was posted somewhere earlier, please don't eat me alive, but make sure ya'll check out www.directedbyandrewbennett.com to see some of his other work.  Theres some cool shit on there.  peace.
You're a star, you blaze out like a sharp machine..

deftonekid

Quote from: kickover on Apr 12, 2006, 02:04 AM
So if this was posted somewhere earlier, please don't eat me alive, but make sure ya'll check out www.directedbyandrewbennett.com to see some of his other work.  Theres some cool shit on there.  peace.
nice!

bloody_liver

Far away

Quote from: blue_silver on Apr 11, 2006, 09:38 PM
you know I have been thinking about it, and being a deftones fan isn't fucking easy- sure you have moments of pure bliss like listening to white pony all the way through and getting to see the tones live and what not but then most of the time we are waiting (3 years) in between CD's and always asking the question what if or Why not? Like with this DVD, why do we get teased with it but maverick wont release it? why do the deftones play a new song during the taste of chaos tour just to make us wait another 6 months for the actual album?... sorry I just had to get that off my chest- carry on... ;)

I must agree with you. Its not easy to be a Deftones fan! But thats the point to me. You must be patience! But i'm glad they take all this time to make records. At least, they always released gold pieces of music. And they just do when they want! Thats one of the most important thing about the Deftones (to me)!

deftonekid

for me is easy to be a Deftones fan, they make my life sweeter!!!
that sounded corny but who the hell, i love this guys!

The Captain

Nobody needs to be a spokesperson, Maverick isn't going to talk to some random fan. If they won't talk to their own band and Andrew, they're not talking to us. All we can do is get the word out, build awareness and interest and build evidence that there is an audience out there, a waiting paycheck. My MySpace, the petition, the flyers, all that is great, but it's best if it works together. If anybody makes me some images, I'll put them in a blog as promo tools.

I hope we get that statement soon so we have something a little better to work with.

justaphase

DUDE U KNOW WATS FUNNY THE WHITE PONY MOVIE WAS LIKE WORSE FUCKIN HORRIBLE PEOPLE PEELING AND SHIT HAVE SEX ALL THIS STUFF AND MAVERICK CAN'T PUT OUT A VIDEO OF STEPH SMOKIN AND CHINO CUSSIN AND ABE AND CHI DRINKING AND FRANK HELPING STEPH OUT C'MON MAN THAT AIN'T A BIG DEAL

Far away

Quote from: justaphase on Apr 12, 2006, 03:38 AM
DUDE U KNOW WATS FUNNY THE WHITE PONY MOVIE WAS LIKE WORSE FUCKIN HORRIBLE PEOPLE PEELING AND SHIT HAVE SEX ALL THIS STUFF AND MAVERICK CAN'T PUT OUT A VIDEO OF STEPH SMOKIN AND CHINO CUSSIN AND ABE AND CHI DRINKING AND FRANK HELPING STEPH OUT C'MON MAN THAT AIN'T A BIG DEAL

Agree!

In Flames

Did anyone else notice Stef blow a snot rocket on his way down the stairs early on in the video? funny shit

Oh and does anyone know the name of the song they play throughout the trailer?