Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Entertain Me: Promote This Movie

Started by bloody_liver, Apr 07, 2006, 02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam

Haha, then what makes you think this guy will send it to you?  :D

sickened

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Absynth Z

http://www.directedbyandrewbennett.com/LIVE.htm

There are some spectacular live performances of Minerva and Korea here. Some of the best live quality I've seen. So based on the Minerva, I'd say this movie could be part of the S/T era too. Quality is awesome.
i switch to command, just because i can...

ToneDef

After I'd briefly read this topic last night before going to bed, I had a moment in my dream where I picked up some Deftones DVD in some purple furry box that had like a 3D version of the knife party poster inside it (you know the one where theyre sitting in a line against the wall). Their legs were kind of coming out of the picture. I dunno, it's hard to explain but it was pretty weird.

bloody_liver

Quote from: DefUnNorma428 on Apr 08, 2006, 08:28 AM
thanks for giving me credit for posting this in the first place...but anyone couldda emailed him...and he said that if i wanted a copy of the movie since its done hed send it to me...i sent him my adress...i doubt ill get it....but o well well see...and im not kidding u when i say this either...if i get it...depending on how well the petition goes...im not uploading it...cuz the goal is to get this movie into the light of day and and not fuck it up by downloaders getting from me...then having it leak all over the internet then having the ppl at maverick change their minds back to not letting it come out like the team sleep unmastered bullshit

np. and you make a good point. i don't understand record labels at all. it almost seems like the outcome of a project in such an industry is based on what the biggest smart ass in a suit has to say about it. hopefully the petition will have a stronger point to make about the band than the executives who doubt them.

Drop-Dead

i think there's even Waldrock footage in there. Check the last seconds of that trailer and watch chino falling down from a 3 meter high roof.

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Assassin

Chino got really drunk at that show and said some straight up hilarious shit. I can upload some stuff from it if you want.

Assassin

Well I uploaded the intro and Headup from it anyway, for whoever wants to listen.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JG8FJF8P

wicho

Can Anybody upload Wasted in Wadrock full bootleg

DefUnNorma428

not to be a dick or anything but i mean i did take the initiative in this whole thing by emailing the director...and no (+) karma kicks....thats fucked up...j/k

Assassin

Jerry_Curls

I'm a follower, so I followed suit.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

DefUnNorma428

thx assasin and jerry...by the way assasin nice sig...wheres the pic from...a show u went to or the web?

Assassin

Quote from: DefUnNorma428 on Apr 09, 2006, 12:16 AM
assasin nice sig...wheres the pic from...a show u went to or the web?

Thanks man, nah I wish! It's a random pic from the web I think, lithium_royalty added the text.

deftonekid

Quote from: DefUnNorma428 on Apr 08, 2006, 11:56 PM
not to be a dick or anything but i mean i did take the initiative in this whole thing by emailing the director...and no (+) karma kicks....thats fucked up...j/k

karma kick u want, karma kick u have ;)

Blastdude

The Captain

Conceptualized/Filmed in 2000 (possibly some in '01), but obviously it's been added to. The 2003 footage (in the trailer at least) is from May 20th at The Crest here in Sacto, the same show that Minerva clip is from. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to mainly be a tour documentary. If you look in the old news there's a thing about a tour documentary from that time.

Good petition, hope it grows.

Seacrest out.

|| Deftones Home Video
22/12/2000

Here's Mike Donk's Home Video subject:

"Well lots of you have been wondering why the shows were being taped... i just got permission to finally share the info with ya.

Its for a Deftones documentary home video that should be released some time in mid 2001.

The director has about 60 hours of footage from the "back to school" tour + about 15 hours of stuff that I taped over the years. well of course all that footage needs to be cut down to 90 minutes... so the director wanted me to get some input from fans - and that's you so

Do you want lots of backstage + tour bus type stuff? like them talking before and after they did the Conan O'Brian show. Do you want 60 second clips of lots of different songs or do you want less songs but have them be the whole song. what songs do you want to see live - old, new some of both? what types of things would you like to see them discuss in interviews. do you want lots of fan footage - like fans talking about the band? blah blah... you get the idea. when i had the poll for your favorite wp song - the highest percentage of people said "digital bath" + we all know what the new single is... so post your opinion on this!"

Far away