Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Entertain Me: Promote This Movie

Started by bloody_liver, Apr 07, 2006, 02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Far away

DefUnNorma428

ok guys i got 2 new messages from andrew bennet....he has given me his phone number and wants to speak with me..he seems like he REALLY wants to speak with me but has asked me not to post any of the messages he has sent to me which is the reason why i deleted all the stuff of me posting the shit he said...he cant have shit he says on the net...it may cause some ppl to be angry....so my suggestion is that although i do want this film to come out and support it in every way possible...that wel ellect someone to be the spokesperson for us (the fans of the deftones)...reason being is i dont feel i would be the right spokesperson for this

fireflyry

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

DefUnNorma428

i was actually thinking Nuno...but doubt he has the time to do it...but the captain is a very good suggestion...here it goes...guys fight to the death

Jerry_Curls

Yeah, The Captain. He took the step of making a myspace page and you know, he's The Captain.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

DeftonesATF27

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 11, 2006, 01:40 AM
Yeah, The Captain. He took the step of making a myspace page and you know, he's The Captain.

Not as far as im concerned fuck chuck.

DefUnNorma428

i just got home from band practice and while i was on a break i called andrew bennett.....hes a cool dude for sure...and he said that he was impressed that the petition is doing so well and said he likes the fact that we are all putting out good points and all that....and i realized that in a stoned daze i may have overreacted...its not like there is a spokesperson needed...no one is going to a meeting...were just promoting it on the net...to get this shit noticed...so lets keep doing that...but if i do want to put someone else in my place (not saying i started this whole thing or that im the ringleader, but im in contact with him) id prolly pass it on to the capitain

knifeprty954

just keep posting that shit on deftones myspace. and put that video everywhere on youtube with the petition link. and random forums

DeftonesATF27

Quote from: knifeprty954 on Apr 11, 2006, 03:07 AM
just keep posting that shit on deftones myspace. and put that video everywhere on youtube with the petition link. and random forums

Ok Lithium Royalty.

Far away

fireflyry

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 11, 2006, 01:40 AM

[edit]If he has the time and shit.

The Captain

hehe, um...Thanks

Anyway, couple things...I'm not trying to replace the petition, but I want this myspace to act like a petition as well. So please, if you have a (or more) myspace, ADD it, COMMENT on it, 20 friends and my one little comment aren't going to change a thing. I do have the comments being screened just in case someone tries to leave one that will not help the situation and or if someone mentions a quote that could get the band or Andrew in an awkward situation. So please, add it, leave a thought out, polite comment/signature. We're trying to change the labels' mind, not piss them off.

fireflyry

Word.

I'm almost tempted to start a myspace for that very reason.

Tangent:Good to see you round Cap.

Jizzlobber

good cause. count me in, i'll help promote the shit out of this film. watching the preview it doesnt seem dark and depressing to me at all. but then again, Maverick have Madonna and Michelle Branch on the label...those bastard fucks!!!
<

wheresmysnare

This requires a most tragic 'accidental' leak of the 300 minute un-edited version, wo here cares about maverick?. I'll get on signing the petition, been in gay paree.

Martin

# 349.

Much respect and thanks to people like DefUnNorma428 and The Captain for helping the good cause.
Gonna make it an item tomorrow on local radio (for what it's worth anyway) and try and spread it as much as possible.

I remember when the topic Donk created about it (as quoted by Cap) from back in the day. Also remember seeing the footage on Andrew Bennet's site and loving it.
It's brilliant. definatly Deftones, live Deftones.

Exciting times it is.

Martin

Finally saw the trailer, it's perfect, just perfect.
This is, THE Deftones DVD.

Damone666

WOW WHERE AM I !!! WHO AM I !!!! I JUST WOKE UP FROM MY SLUMBER WHATS UP WITH THA DEFTONE HAVENT LISTEN TO THEM SINCE WHITE PONY AND THERE LAST CD WAS A DRAG BUT I FELT THA BOYS NEEDED SOME HELP SO I STARTED PRAYING FOR A KICK ASS STUPID AWESOMENESS NEW ALBUM>>>  CHECK THIS SHIT OUT I HAVE SOME TEAM SLEEP AND DEFTONES CLIPS ON MY ASS I MEAN ON MY YOUTUBE SITE!! WHATEVA I HAVE SOME OTHER FUNNY STUFF SO CHECK IT OUT PACOTACO   
 XOXO----} CHino's 1# fan
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xavier8368
P.S. By Tha way im #622 on tha petition http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?tonesdvd&1

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.