Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Entertain Me: Promote This Movie

Started by bloody_liver, Apr 07, 2006, 02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonekid

Quote from: In Flames on Apr 12, 2006, 04:06 AM
Did anyone else notice Stef blow a snot rocket on his way down the stairs early on in the video? funny shit

Oh and does anyone know the name of the song they play throughout the trailer?

no and no

DefUnNorma428

if VH1 can run shit on motlety crew and ozzy with their history of drugs and talk about it...selling a dvd should be no problem...+ all the deftones fans that would buy it kno they are like that...i mean on deftones official myspace theres a pic of steph with at least an ounce of nice looiing weed...and steph smokes weed when he plays...ive been in the front row and seen him do it...it smelled like good ass bud too

Martin

Quote from: The Captain on Apr 12, 2006, 02:52 AM
Nobody needs to be a spokesperson, Maverick isn't going to talk to some random fan. If they won't talk to their own band and Andrew, they're not talking to us.

That might very well be, but it's worth a shot. It's worth several shots.
If someone tries, and Maverick says 'we don't have time', and the person pushes on, like, 'Ok, I'll try later' or 'When could you maybe find 5 minutes? We'd be very gratefull' and push and push it like that; it shows dedication.
Somewhere along the line, someone will say 'Allright....5 minutes...'.

wheresmysnare

Haven't you watched the shawshank redemption? For he writes the same letter everyday till the warden gets some new books for the library, theres a lesson to be learnt there.

-  (Wheresmysnare 15:14)

Martin

I've watched it one time...what exactly do you mean?

lithium royalty

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Apr 12, 2006, 10:36 AM
he writes the same letter everyday till the warden gets some new books for the library

Martin

Ok. So that means wheresmysnare agrees with me?
Because the way his reply is made up, it made me think he wasn't.

Far away

Quote from: In Flames on Apr 12, 2006, 04:06 AMOh and does anyone know the name of the song they play throughout the trailer?

Have no idea! =\

bloody_liver

i dont know if anyone followed the link in my last post but it looks like there was a petition a few years ago for when maverick stopped deftones.com from posting free downloadable bootlegs. it looks like some people got interested at that time and made a petition, even getting 1990 signatures but as far as i can tell it was to no avail. basically the main point is we have our work cut out for us

http://www.petitiononline.com/defpetit/petition.html

raynor

i could start a recordcompany and release it, how hard can it be?

law

You might make a bucketload, after you've put a bucketload into it of course ;)

wheresmysnare

Quote from: Tuck on Apr 12, 2006, 12:31 PM

lol i was just backing you up, i went a bit thespian probably made it less coherant

DefUnNorma428

so what have ppl been doing other than signing the petition....has anyone emailed maverick...etc....plz if u do so do not quote andrew in any way...

deftonekid

Quote from: raynor on Apr 12, 2006, 06:46 PM

i was thinking to do the same... maybe we can be partners lol

Far away

Quote from: deftonekid on Apr 13, 2006, 02:04 AM
Quote from: raynor on Apr 12, 2006, 06:46 PM

i was thinking to do the same... maybe we can be partners lol

I can see an oportunity here..
:)

DefUnNorma428

this is what happens when deftones stop being polite and start being real...good stolen tagline for the movie tho

lithium royalty

you think you know me? but you have no idea.

The Captain

Hahahaha, that just reminded me of Chi in the Live In Hawaii DVD talking about how he's so happy to be on The Real World. "There's a lotta guys in this season"

Nix

I'm gona try and call up Maverick this weekend and see what kind of a response i get. No joke!
*this chick's living in a new car ad...*

Martin

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Apr 12, 2006, 07:23 PM
Quote from: Tuck on Apr 12, 2006, 12:31 PM

lol i was just backing you up, i went a bit thespian probably made it less coherant

Hahah allright, cool 8)

Quote from: Nix on Apr 13, 2006, 09:19 AM
I'm gona try and call up Maverick this weekend and see what kind of a response i get. No joke!

Cool! Wonder what they'll say!