Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Entertain Me: Promote This Movie

Started by bloody_liver, Apr 07, 2006, 02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireflyry

Quote from: DefUnNorma428 on Apr 09, 2006, 11:41 PM
to be honest i dont kno if it would be good to put any live videos on there...unless they are like their first show...or waldrock VIDEO because u can, and most of us, have enough bootlegs of deftones that weve seen every song they have live...so it would be a waste to put it in a movie about the band itself...i think it should be just interviews...and personal shit

I agree but some good quality/professional recordings would be cool.I'm not really a fan of bootlegs as the quality is usually pretty shit.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

DefUnNorma428

Quote from: DeftonesATF27 on Apr 09, 2006, 11:45 PM
It'd be cool if they just whipped up some of the bootlegs they already have to dvd quality and sound, and fuck putting it in the mainstream keep it on the streets just make the bootlegs we already have better and that be cool.

as far as fuck the mainstream goes...as long as i could see the finished product i wouldnt care...but if the band and the director both want it out for EVERYONE then so be it and we should help them....if maverick still after all this shit refuses then hopefully andrew bennet would send it to me as hes already asked for my adress...but even if he were to send it to me tomorrow...which i doubt he will do at all...i wouldnt upload it untill we were 100% sure if it was coming out or not....somewhat repeated myself but whatever

justaphase

im abe and i just wait all day long like this i just wait all day long so i can play some rock and roll

fuck abe is hilarious fuckin drunk ass im gonna use that as my headline haha

DefUnNorma428

abe seems the most coked out of any of them...everytime that fucker talks hes speeding

deftoolsys07

Quote from: DefUnNorma428 on Apr 10, 2006, 01:56 AM
abe seems the most coked out of any of them...everytime that fucker talks hes speeding

that's what i'm thinking...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

deftonekid

Quote from: DeftonesATF27 on Apr 09, 2006, 11:45 PM
It'd be cool if they just whipped up some of the bootlegs they already have to dvd quality and sound, and fuck putting it in the mainstream keep it on the streets just make the bootlegs we already have better and that be cool.

;D

The Captain

You're missing the point, this ain't no bootleg/B-Sides & Rarities filler video shit, this is a film.

http://www.myspace.com/afilmaboutdeftones

Spread it.

I need to add a background that doesn't look like shit, it's too fuckin' empty.

fireflyry

deftonekid

Far away

Quote from: fireflyry on Apr 09, 2006, 09:47 AM

Here's a real quick mock up I made:

I realise it's a bit rough but I'm off home in ten minutes so any suggestions (especially on the actual text as I'm no good at that type of thing) would be greatly appreciated and I'll work on it tommorow.

Peace.

:)

Like always, you come with a great idea! I like your work with the gif picture and i'll definetely put it in my myspace profile! Just tell me if you change the gif's layout. KK for that! You really deserve it! Respect!

Quote from: The Captain on Apr 10, 2006, 05:33 AM
You're missing the point, this ain't no bootleg/B-Sides & Rarities filler video shit, this is a film.

Spread it.

I need to add a background that doesn't look like shit, it's too fuckin' empty.

Add in myspace too!
Another karma kick goes to...

The Captain! :)

About the dvd, i really want some bus and backstage stuff. It would be cool to see how they spend their time like 'normal' persons. Fan footage?! Its cool, but, please..
NO!

I agree with skinnypuppy. But, i dont know why, i think they'll make another rare record, like b-sides. They left too much stuff out of it.

Bus footage
Backstage footage
Funny stuff like Stef cutting Chinos guitars strings..

deftonekid

Quote from: Far away on Apr 10, 2006, 06:21 AM
About the dvd, i really want some bus and backstage stuff. It would be cool to see how they spend their time like 'normal' persons. Fan footage?! Its cool, but, please..
NO!

I agree with skinnypuppy. But, i dont know why, i think they'll make another rare record, like b-sides. They left too much stuff out of it.

Bus footage
Backstage footage
Funny stuff like Stef cutting Chinos guitars strings..

wisdom ;D

fireflyry

In the exclusive interview conducted by UG, Deftones' guitarist Stephen Carpenter minutely discussed the band's latest "B-Sides And Rarities" album

UG:

Most of your fans have been disappointed you didn't put Depeche Mode's "To Have And To Hold" on the record. Why you didn't and how did you choose the songs and video material for "B-sides & Rarities"? What was the main criteria?

Steff:

No specific reason for that track to not make it. As for there being any criteria for what made it, I think it was just a matter of time and place. There will be more to come in the future, can't put it all in one package, it's to much!

DeftonesATF27

Quote from: fireflyry on Apr 10, 2006, 06:35 AM

In the exclusive interview conducted by UG, Deftones' guitarist Stephen Carpenter minutely discussed the band's latest "B-Sides And Rarities" album

UG:

Most of your fans have been disappointed you didn't put Depeche Mode's "To Have And To Hold" on the record. Why you didn't and how did you choose the songs and video material for "B-sides & Rarities"? What was the main criteria?

Steff:

No specific reason for that track to not make it. As for there being any criteria for what made it, I think it was just a matter of time and place. There will be more to come in the future, can't put it all in one package, it's to much!

Hey whats up fly fucker?

karma before - 78

because of me

Karma now - 79

we straight?

TheProzacFairy

Quote from: DeftonesATF27 on Apr 10, 2006, 06:38 AM
Quote from: fireflyry on Apr 10, 2006, 06:35 AM

UG:

Steff:

Hey whats up fly fucker?

karma before - 78

because of me

Karma now - 79

we straight?

damn straight mofo

fireflyry

Far away

DeftonesATF27

Quote from: Far away on Apr 10, 2006, 07:03 AM
Tied again! 8)

your in the top 5 at least, if not i got you 63 now.

The Captain

Added some old news and the video finally shows up in the Videos section (next to Pics), rate it high, try to get it noticed.

skinnypuppy

fireflyry