Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

needs more band playing in outer space imo

Draken

Ceremony was fun, I loved the part with Abe, it made me grin. Did anyone else notice the White Pony neon sign inside the bar? I feel like there's more details like that I missed so I want to go back and watch it again. I hope they do Spell next...

Ohms title track is their best music video. I really liked the video for Genesis as well, simple but fits with the music.

Gaz

I'm really itching to hear songs from Ohms live now!

RaptureWS

21 months later and I think Ohms is possibly my 2nd favorite Deftones album behind only ATF. *Favorite*, not best. Best is subjective but White Pony and S/T are almost certainly *better* albums if you could somehow rate music objectively. But almost 2 years out and I still listen to Ohms all the time. "Urantia" and "Spell of Mathematics" are top 5 all time track contenders in my book. Top 10 at worst. Probably throw "Headless" in there too. My only knock on 'headless" would be that it's nothing new. But I do kind of see it as Deftones perfected. Just mt two cents. Hope everyone is having a great summer!
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Gaz

Ohms is still in heavy rotation for me, the whole album, I think it's up their with some of the best work they have done

Martin

Love 'Ohms'. Going back and playing it often. It definitely keeps growing.
I'd say it's my fourth favourite album by them; 'Around The Fur', 'S/T', 'White Pony' and then 'Ohms'.

Far away

It's been a while since I last listen Ohms. It usually happens when I play something almost nonstop for a few days/week (s).

I remember the 1st Deftones show I went too, I waited that moment for so long and when the gig was over I couldnt listen to them for a while, like a couple months. It literally drained my energy. Not that I got bored or something, I just had to take a break. I dont know how to properly explain. Eventually it all came back and I was listening to songs on a daily basis.

I'll probably listen to Ohms again when Im outside taking a walk or something.

Error - Sucks
This Link Is Dead - Weak asf, trash