Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG95

I'd be surprised if they made another video.
I could float here forever

Draken

I don't understand the appeal of TLID... it sounded like it was going to be favorite track and ended up being my least favorite. IDK it just doesn't scratch that itch it's supposed to, there's way heavier/angrier songs in their catalog. They'll never top WGTB because Chino will never be that pissed again, and that's okay. He's happily married and has a great career. I'm happy for him, I wouldn't want them back in their "dark days" as they describe it. I'll take tracks like TSOM over TLID any day of the week.

Hidalgo

poor Ohms getting embarrassed in the poll. i think it's my favorite so far (very early yet, i've heard the album less than 10 times), Ohms, radiant city, ceremony are top 3 at the moment. i'll admit Ohms video being so good helps

Visionz

Quote from: Hidalgo on Oct 04, 2020, 05:08 PM
poor Ohms getting embarrassed in the poll. i think it's my favorite so far (very early yet, i've heard the album less than 10 times), Ohms, radiant city, ceremony are top 3 at the moment. i'll admit Ohms video being so good helps

I really screwed up by playing it as a single almost every day on the ride home b4 the record came. Not only does it not sound cohesive with the rest, i cant help but skip it and Genesis almost every listen. My theory is that it will jive again after some time off from them. Hoping to start the record from Genesis thru Ohms one of these days and retrain my brain on it  :-\ i know how that sounds but its what it is

Visionz

Loving this record more n more with every listen. But is it me or is the record a little "less" as far as details and sounds and small nuances as a whole compared to most their other records? I still discover little things and sometimes bigger things with their older records (hundreds if not thousands of listens)... but i worry this one is a little more cut and dry for me. Not llike some of DE or anything, but "less" for some reason. I love it but theres that

imbrie

Quote from: Visionz on Oct 04, 2020, 06:41 PM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Oct 04, 2020, 05:08 PM

I really screwed up by playing it as a single almost every day on the ride home b4 the record came. Not only does it not sound cohesive with the rest, i cant help but skip it and Genesis almost every listen. My theory is that it will jive again after some time off from them. Hoping to start the record from Genesis thru Ohms one of these days and retrain my brain on it  :-\ i know how that sounds but its what it is

Yep, that was my fear, as has happened with other albums, so I really limited the listens to Ohms and didn't listen to Genesis at all.

I've definitely, in general now, stopped listening to single tracks when they're released as that over familiarity can be a real album killer but it's, admittedly, extremely difficult when you're really into a band and naturally want to hear stuff as soon as you can.

976-EVIL

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 04, 2020, 03:10 PM
On the DeftonesLive song by song post series, This Link is Dead has now more likes than TSOM. It was also posted a little more recently obviously.

Seems like I recall a very well respected member here requesting a "do over" on the poll at Week One after the release...lol
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

LG95

It's on the precipice of being too sludgy but the low end on TSOM sounds absolutely massive on good headphones.
I could float here forever

Shells

I'm really loving Ceremony. It seems at first it's about walking away from something but those verses build up into that rush of jumping right back in again. Definitely too short though.

plagasx

I really wish the chorus on Ceremony was the entire song.. It would be 10/10 for me if it was. Can't quite get in to the first half's "It's an illusssiiioooon" for some reason.

laurapalmer

Every song has atleast 1 part (musically or vocally) that I absolutely love, but I think the only song that I 100% love everything on is still Headless. A few others are getting close though

976-EVIL

Billboard shows Ohms ranked #5 on the Album Chart it's opening week. 49,000 Units sold.   

Ranked #1 on the Vinyl Chart with 14,000 sold

plagasx

Quote from: laurapalmer on Oct 05, 2020, 01:25 AM
Every song has atleast 1 part (musically or vocally) that I absolutely love, but I think the only song that I 100% love everything on is still Headless. A few others are getting close though

For me it's Headless and TSOM. Those songs are perfect in my eyes and quintessential Deftones.

laurapalmer

Quote from: plagasx on Oct 05, 2020, 04:09 AM
Quote from: laurapalmer on Oct 05, 2020, 01:25 AM

For me it's Headless and TSOM. Those songs are perfect in my eyes and quintessential Deftones.

No argument here. I didn't understand the universal love for TSOM at first, but it's the one that's creeping up the most

DenakDW

I've taken my time now... and I this record may have my favorite Chino lyrics ever. Amazing record.
Anyone else feeling this?
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

Draken

Quote from: DenakDW on Oct 05, 2020, 10:24 PM
I've taken my time now... and I this record may have my favorite Chino lyrics ever. Amazing record.

I was waiting to get my LP in the mail to read the lyrics and listen along with the music but my order still says it's in "Pre-Transit" and I haven't received shit. Pretty disappointed by this, even if it's covid delayed it'd be nice to receive an email update... sigh, oh well. Anyone who ordered from deftones.com get their pre-order items yet?

kleptoned

Quote from: Draken on Oct 05, 2020, 11:51 PM

I was waiting to get my LP in the mail to read the lyrics and listen along with the music but my order still says it's in "Pre-Transit" and I haven't received shit. Pretty disappointed by this, even if it's covid delayed it'd be nice to receive an email update... sigh, oh well. Anyone who ordered from deftones.com get their pre-order items yet?
I got my 3 cassettes today but they were unsealed , the case on one was broke and didn't contain the signed card (

Visionz

NOPE. Im in NC, USA.... where u at?

Visionz

Quote from: kleptoned on Oct 06, 2020, 12:03 AM

I got my 3 cassettes today but they were unsealed , the case on one was broke and didn't contain the signed card (

Wtf. Sorry man. This is wtf. That has nothing to do with Covid... its rushed, pathetic and unprofessional

976-EVIL

Quote from: Visionz on Oct 06, 2020, 12:09 AM

NOPE. Im in NC, USA.... where u at?

I see you fellow Tarheel!!!