Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

only pieces remain

Quote from: plagasx on Oct 04, 2020, 11:56 PM
I really wish the chorus on Ceremony was the entire song.. It would be 10/10 for me if it was. Can't quite get in to the first half's "It's an illusssiiioooon" for some reason.

This! Ceremony is their catchy track/chorus since WP imo. I wish the chorus repeated at least another two times. Soooo good.

kurtone

Quote from: Draken on Oct 05, 2020, 11:51 PM
Quote from: DenakDW on Oct 05, 2020, 10:24 PM
I've taken my time now... and I this record may have my favorite Chino lyrics ever. Amazing record.
Anyone else feeling this?

I was waiting to get my LP in the mail to read the lyrics and listen along with the music but my order still says it's in "Pre-Transit" and I haven't received shit. Pretty disappointed by this, even if it's covid delayed it'd be nice to receive an email update... sigh, oh well. Anyone who ordered from deftones.com get their pre-order items yet?

Ordered the vinyl/hoodie/zine bundle and it's still showing estimated delivery of October 1st.  Hasn't changed since I got the shipping notification a week ago. I went ahead and filed a dispute through my credit card company today. I'd rather have my money back at this point. If they were having issues they should have updated customers. FAQ page says orders placed before the 30th have "mostly" shipped.  Looking on Reddit and it sounds like the people who are getting theirs are getting damaged products.

976-EVIL

Quote from: kurtone on Oct 06, 2020, 03:06 AM
I've taken my time now... and I this record may have my favorite Chino lyrics ever. Amazing record.

I was waiting to get my LP in the mail to read the lyrics and listen along with the music but my order still says it's in "Pre-Transit" and I haven't received shit. Pretty disappointed by this, even if it's covid delayed it'd be nice to receive an email update... sigh, oh well. Anyone who ordered from deftones.com get their pre-order items yet?

Ordered the vinyl/hoodie/zine bundle and it's still showing estimated delivery of October 1st.  Hasn't changed since I got the shipping notification a week ago. I went ahead and filed a dispute through my credit card company today. I'd rather have my money back at this point. If they were having issues they should have updated customers. FAQ page says orders placed before the 30th have "mostly" shipped.  Looking on Reddit and it sounds like the people who are getting theirs are getting damaged products.

Man...this is a bad look.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

nineteen

Fortunately got the art card but my tapes have a few scratches on the cases. They were packed loose in a cardboard envelope so it's not great.

It does seem a bit of a mess so far.

Gaz

Still waiting on my clear vinyl, zine and t-shirt. Not good at all, poor service

from_musings

s/t
adrenaline
wp
atf
ohms
de
kny
gore
snw

Shells

My cassettes and art card all came in just a cardboard envelope but were undamaged thankfully. The CD also came in a cardboard envelope, and the sleeve is just a cardboard one and it's a bit creased annoyingly. Not the best packaging at all. Still waiting on the t-shirt...

ChubbyChino

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 06, 2020, 09:53 AM
s/t
adrenaline
wp
atf
ohms
de
kny
gore
snw

Ssomeone else who Loves s/t. I just disagree with snw being the last.

nicklav

I emailed them last week and got a response a few days later saying that there were carrier delays due to COVID. Bullshit, since I've ordered and received many other products delivered by that same carrier. This really sucks.

ANattyRat

Yeah overall I think this album is my favourite lyrically along with WP.

punkflop01

Just read through all the posts since the album leaked. What a trip! Some great insights and descriptions of the songs - I was trying to avoid reading them until I listened to the album a few times.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Oct 06, 2020, 03:16 AM

Man...this is a bad look.

I ordered my clear vinyl w/ zine the day they became available and I received my package last Friday 10/2.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

FatherUppercut

Actually popped in to see if anyone else is having delays on their pre-order. Glad I'm not the only one

Ordered the regular vinyl and the clear vynl + zine and still nothing. They sent me a tracking number with an estimated delivery date of Oct 2nd but it hasn't even mailed out yet

I'm in northeast USA

only pieces remain

Nothing yet here either in the upper Midwest. No estimated date even :/

Inkblades

My bundle came today. Took a minute, but it's here.

nicklav

Quote from: Inkblades on Oct 06, 2020, 09:12 PM
My bundle came today. Took a minute, but it's here.

Did you get any updates on your tracking number or did it just show up?

Inkblades

No updates really. I got one email when it shipped, which was 11 days ago lol. In that email, there's an option to track your package, but when I clicked it, it wouldn't tell me anything really. Or maybe it did, I wasn't really checking much in the past few days tbh. I'm in NY btw, so other east coasters, hopefully you'll get yours delivered soon.

Draken

No update on my order yet either. Same as everyone else, got an email that it shipped and the tracking just says that it's in pre-transit. Don't know what that means really. I sent an email today but it just auto generated a reply with the FAQ that says orders were delayed, blah blah blah. I'm in TX so I'll probably be one of the last to get mine. Sorely disappointed with this but hey what can you do...

I've already exhausted the album on repeat listens and I still feel the same way about the songs except I have warmed up to Error a lot more now. My gf too even says she likes the song more and she hated it at first. I always liked the chorus, and I still don't care for the beginning verses but it's no longer at the bottom. TLID is the weakest for me while TSOM still reigns supreme. Urantia is still my 2nd favorite track with Genesis and Ohms right behind.

Visionz

Anyone notice in Urantia at around 3:20 where the voice on the CB radio or whatever perfectly sounds in sync with the rhythm and melody.... ESPECIALLY the very end of it? At the very end of that part, her last few words jive right in and ill bet they worked at that and i find it very clever and interesting. If u dont get it, go and have a clear listen, its pretty fucking rad. Didnt like the whole part at first but more i listened i found it to be in harmony with the music or beat. Probably Chino's idea of i had to guess but i wouldnt rule out Terry on that timing there either. Nice little gem

Also..... sounds to me she may be saying "and it keeps me cumming" right at the end of it  ::) those are the words that really follow the rhythm

Visionz

Man those fucking skins sound so crisp and deep in Pompeji! Hearing a lot of ppl saying the drums r a little too hidden or behind on the record and i sorta agree bc there r a few tracks they sound perfect to me like Pompeji and Urantia off top of my head. But yeah, TSOM coulda went harder especially with the snaps.... i woulda equalized the two myself i think. But we are hearing what they wanted us to here is what I keep telling myself and it works for me