Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NFL (football) thread

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 04, 2008, 05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

yeah and guys like reggie bush suck in fantasy leagues :P
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 07, 2009, 03:42 AM
yeah and guys like reggie bush suck in fantasy leagues :P

yup he sucks.... You would want to get a rb like adrian peterson

wither-I

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
NOBODY! thats who!

WHO DAT!

WHO DAT!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK YEAH!!!! WE DAT! WE DAT!

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bright lights, big city

yeah yeah, Saints are fuckin' good. I know. haha. Seriously though they completely annihilated the Giants, I thought the Giants and Vikings were the 2 best teams in the NFC. But hey, I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

I'm just a little pissed because the Bears looked terrible again in primetime. At least we're not as horrendous as the Titans this year...sorry Kelly.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wither-I

yea man penalties killed last night :(

but the saints are going to the dance!!

There Will Be Blood

Miami has to play the saints next week.... We are going to get murdered but who knows maybe we can pull a upset. :-)

bright lights, big city

Hey you can never write off the Wildcat offense!!
DERP

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 20, 2009, 06:47 AM
Hey you can never write off the Wildcat offense!!

Everyone thinks the wild cat is out played.... But it really seems to work for us perfectly.

lithium

COME ON?!/gob being a Texan fan kills me
💩

shine down unshy

That's because Texans blow.  Cowboys = designated team of Texas

lithium

Quote from: wither-I on Oct 19, 2009, 08:06 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
NOBODY! thats who!

WHO DAT!

WHO DAT!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK YEAH!!!! WE DAT! WE DAT!
what happened last week mang?
💩

wither-I

ha you were just waiting for it werent you!
couldnt comment until they lost. well you know what. we're 13 and 1.
we're gonna beat the mess out of tampa bay this sunday and then rest for carolina...

HOMEFIELD throught the playoffs. then superbowl, where breesus is gonna dissect the san diego chargers :)

oh and WHOOOOO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

devlin

Quote from: wither-I on Dec 23, 2009, 06:03 PM
we're gonna beat the mess out of tampa bay this sunday and then rest for carolina...

HOMEFIELD throught the playoffs. then superbowl, where breesus is gonna dissect the san diego chargers :)

you guys have been slipping for the last 4 weeks. you are lucky to be 13-1. i have nothing against the saints. and brees seems like he is the nicest man on the planet and i would love to see him succeed. but god damnit i hope you lose embarassingly. because of the fans and that fucking annoying "WHO DAT" bullshit. you should easily beat tampa, but carolina might be another close one.

pillswithwine

The Saints better protect Brees better or they might not even make it to the NFC Championship.
As far as the AFC, I think the Chargers have just as good as a chance to make it to the Super Bowl as the Colts.

wither-I

Quote from: devlin on Dec 23, 2009, 07:16 PM
Quote from: wither-I on Dec 23, 2009, 06:03 PM

you guys have been slipping for the last 4 weeks. you are lucky to be 13-1. i have nothing against the saints. and brees seems like he is the nicest man on the planet and i would love to see him succeed. but god damnit i hope you lose embarassingly. because of the fans and that fucking annoying "WHO DAT" bullshit. you should easily beat tampa, but carolina might be another close one.

why?

why do you hope we lose?

you gotta understand man, the saints have been straight up losers for 40 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!

and another thing, in this city the saints are more than football! its about the spirit and the faith. BELIEVE!

if the saints won the superbowl it would mean so much to the heart of this city you cant even begin to fathom.  the city is rebuilding, and alot of the essence on the street derives from the "hype" of the saints.
and the "who dat" has become ridiculous to the point of overdoing it. but we cant overdue it.
it's become a battle cry. anywhere you go in the city you hear it! its amazing really! i wish you could be a part of it.
new orleans is a great place and deserves the best. the people are happy despite its losses.

so why cant we just get ours? let us have our moment.. pull for us...

it's our chance.. a win here means more than any other city or team i GUARANTEE

lithium

I have been secretly pulling for the saints all season long, and you're right I couldn't wait to throw it in your face, but it's a damn shame they gave it up to the boys from D-town. Living in Houston, I get a taste of NO fans, being there's a lot of yall that stayed after Katrina. But one loss out of 14 games ain't nothing but a speed bump. And lmao at breesus.   
💩

wither-I

yeah man thats what im screamin... i would have rather lost to the redskins than the cowpokes... and at home too it hurts.
dallas is fighting for their lives right now, and whenever youre undefeated each team you face, plays you like it's their own little championship...

p.s. you should openly pull for the saints :) when your boys arent lookin.

and ill be honest i root for texans most times.
there are the teams i pull for. the teams i hate. and the teams that barely exist to me...

devlin

well i'm from philly. die hard eagles fan. and sports are just as important to this city. and the eagles have never won a superbowl...we have been a damn good team for the majority of the teams history. but always come up short when it counts. so no i am not going to "pull" for the saints. nothing against them or you. but the saints winning would mean that the eagles lost. i feel bad for anyone who suffered from the katrina tragedy, but not enough to root for any team but mine.

and again it has nothing to do with the team, the city, or the people. its that annoying "who dat" shit.

Hidalgo

"who dat" is really annoying, mainly cause how unoriginal it is. total ripoff of the bengals

wither-I

The chant of "Who dat? Who dat say they gonna beat dem - - " originated in minstral shows and vaudeville acts in the late 1800s and early 1900s, then was taken up by jazz and big band folks in the 1920s and 1930s, became a familiar joke among soldiers in World War II, was used in early TV skits in the 1950s, then was adapted by Southern University and the public schools in New Orleans in the 1960s and 1970s and finally was adopted by Saints fans and the Saints in the late 1970's.

who dey was "officically" adopted by the bungles in 1980.

who dat was "officially" adopted by the saints during bum phillips era in 1983.

*the thing is the "who dat say they gonna beat dem ---" quote is a NEW ORLEANS saying. there is no doubt. since the fucking 1800's oh my brothers!
used in jazz music and all around street lingo...

*the bungles used the phrase for their football program (official to only them) in 1980.

when undoubtedly the whole phrase has been used in new orleans for over a hundred years.

see there's a many culture down here and alot of crazy words. some that aren't even real. people got "jive talk" and we all know that word ya dig...

another HUGE saying is "wheryat"

originated by irish and italian immigrants who were and are still called "yats".
they have a unique accent very similar to that a new yorker.

end of discussion.