Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

letters for chi/ fundraiser/ update and prayers

Started by jv_, Nov 04, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dictatesofreason

Hidalgo

he probably looks like father time by now

Muzic Junkie

Actually wouldn't he be like really hot?
or is it winter there

wait no sorry

COLD!

Hidalgo

kalhan

damn, this gets scarier with every passing minute

Fireal1222

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Jan 07, 2009, 07:51 PM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jan 04, 2009, 10:55 PM
people are more worried about this affecting the band then worrying about chi

who cares if they never release another album anyway. SNW was such garbage that i can care less about deftones

Fuck off and get off this board, this thread is for info and positive stuff about chi, not about you being an asshole

lol he dedicated his 1000th post to calling me an asshole

thanks for the kind gesture. moron

and i was saying that more people should be worried about chi. rather than worrying about deftones releasing music.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

White Wrist

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jan 13, 2009, 12:54 AM

and i was saying that more people should be worried about chi. rather than worrying about deftones releasing music.

true.

Jizzlobber

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jan 13, 2009, 12:54 AM
Quote from: jbmp1390 on Jan 07, 2009, 07:51 PM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jan 04, 2009, 10:55 PM
people are more worried about this affecting the band then worrying about chi

who cares if they never release another album anyway. SNW was such garbage that i can care less about deftones

Fuck off and get off this board, this thread is for info and positive stuff about chi, not about you being an asshole

yeah true, the music is WAAAAY on the backburner at the moment...firsty , once Chi does wake up, thats not the end of the wait...there is still gonna be a couple of months before he is ready to get back into his old , regular routine. thats gonna talke a while
<

White Pwny

THe issue is, some people would like to hear the music that they worked on and may have completed prior to Chi getting injured.   Do you think he wouldn't want us to want to listen?    He's been in a coma for over 2 months now, when and if he does come out of it, he will need months and months of therapy to just be able to WALK.   I'm as torn up over him being hurt as the next TRUE Deftones fan..... I will not accept that it's the end of the band, and I will not accept him not playing on stage again, at this point.   Because I truly LOVE them.   Aside from that... I have waited years to hear something new... and I STILL want to hear something new.   It really sucks that this had to happen, but it does not change the fact that I know there is an album waiting to be released sometime this year named "EROS".     

I admire that man for his beliefs and NUMBER ONE for his talent as a musician.... and fuckennay, I wanna hear it.

if that makes me  an ass.... so be it.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Jizzlobber

I would like to hear some of the new music too, but it just doesnt feel as excitiing to think of hearing new music with Chi still comatose.

I also think he will return to the stage but only time will tell if they ever need to get a temporary 'fill in' bassist for some reason..who knows yet
<

Martin

He drifts in and out of my thoughts. Updates would be nice. Good deed missions to. Something to keep positive.
Going to donate some more clothes in his name.

Hell_Tanner

Not to sound morbid or anything but apart from his coma, I wonder what are the extent of his injuries (broken bones, etc...)...

He must've have lose some weight too....it's gonna take a long time to go back to where he was...I'm also wondering if he'll still be able to play...

Crazylegs

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: White Pwny on Jan 13, 2009, 01:57 PM
THe issue is, some people would like to hear the music that they worked on and may have completed prior to Chi getting injured.   Do you think he wouldn't want us to want to listen?    He's been in a coma for over 2 months now, when and if he does come out of it, he will need months and months of therapy to just be able to WALK.   I'm as torn up over him being hurt as the next TRUE Deftones fan..... I will not accept that it's the end of the band, and I will not accept him not playing on stage again, at this point.   Because I truly LOVE them.   Aside from that... I have waited years to hear something new... and I STILL want to hear something new.   It really sucks that this had to happen, but it does not change the fact that I know there is an album waiting to be released sometime this year named "EROS".     

I admire that man for his beliefs and NUMBER ONE for his talent as a musician.... and fuckennay, I wanna hear it.

if that makes me  an ass.... so be it.

well said. and no it doesnt make u an ass, this is a deftones page for deftones fans, of course we want to hear new stuff. nothing strange with that. we want chi to get better and we want to hear new stuff, yes u can actually think both!  im tired of people pointing out certain persons as demons because u want to hear eros while chi is away

VictorPL

the truth is, it was their music that makes us care about chi in the first place. i really want to hear eros.

Jacob

I don't really think the issue is with people not wanting the album to be released yet. I think it's more to do with understanding that the album probably won't come out when we thought it would and being fine with that since it's most likely the band's decision not to release it. I really want to hear new material too, but I'm fine with waiting until Chi has recovered if that's the case.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

defTHE1s

Quote from: aenemic on Jan 14, 2009, 01:26 AM
I really want to hear new material too, but I'm fine with waiting until Chi has recovered if that's the case.
+1 !!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

pissedandpierced

"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Corleone

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Jan 14, 2009, 10:03 AM
June.

Is when he will wake up?

this is turning into an eros thread... :|

White Pwny

This is what happens when there are NO updates.  None of us know anything!!!    It's frustrating.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...