Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

letters for chi/ fundraiser/ update and prayers

Started by jv_, Nov 04, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

Holy smokes, great fuckin' news.

Penicks

Oh so it's a reliable source then? That's some good shit.

So masturrbating on pics of Chi DID work after all!

Frankz0r

deftoneskoen

M1GHTY M4VS

Great News - Read it somewhere else with some more info like
Chi heard the request from his dad and moved his upper lip as stated the other day. His Dad tested his tendon reflexes and both his legs were moving. The doctors are still optimistic about the healing process and there´s still very positive energy in the hospital. Some of the Docs are pleased for their efforts to get some free tickets for the next Deftones show cuz some of the doctors outed as deftones fans. The authorized doctor said that there will be a long rehibilitation but Chi will likely be able to play Bass again. Mrs. Cheng thanks every Fan for his/her enormous condolence and promises updates in the feature. Then something on the luck they had with the 3 medics that were next to them when the accident happened - without them their chances would have been dramatically low to survive it.

Translated from Laut.de hope it helps to clarify it a bit more.
Cheers and Good News :)

White Wrist

Sugartolove

Quote from: M1GHTY M4VS on Feb 07, 2009, 05:33 PM
Great News - Read it somewhere else with some more info like
Chi heard the request from his dad and moved his upper lip as stated the other day. His Dad tested his tendon reflexes and both his legs were moving. The doctors are still optimistic about the healing process and there´s still very positive energy in the hospital. Some of the Docs are pleased for their efforts to get some free tickets for the next Deftones show cuz some of the doctors outed as deftones fans. The authorized doctor said that there will be a long rehibilitation but Chi will likely be able to play Bass again. Mrs. Cheng thanks every Fan for his/her enormous condolence and promises updates in the feature. Then something on the luck they had with the 3 medics that were next to them when the accident happened - without them their chances would have been dramatically low to survive it.

Translated from Laut.de hope it helps to clarify it a bit more.
Cheers and Good News :)

I'm 99% sure this is an old update, I remember reading a message virtually word for word like this one. I'll have a look through the blogs on my Myspace, as I've posted all official updates there.

Anyway - GREAT NEWS!!!  :) :) :)
Chi is responding to movement but not cognitive yet, or so I heard. This made me so happy and I hope it's a really good sign!
:)

Sugartolove

QuoteMonday, November 10, 2008 

Chi Update 11/9/08 (Part 2)

Hello Everyone,

I just had the pleasure of speaking with Chi's mother. She, as well as the entire Cheng family, would again like to thank you for all your love and support and knows God is healing Chi because of your prayers, love and good work.

This Sunday saw the first signs of your prayers in action. Chi was able to hear and respond to his father's request to move his lower lip. His father also administered a tendon reflex test, of which both legs responded with movement. Doctors continue to remain optimistic, and the energy at the hospital remains very positive.

The family would also like to send a special thank you out to the three off duty EMTs that stopped shortly after the accident and saved Chi's life. It was by the Grace of God that these three individuals happened to be traveling on the road with medical gear in tow at the time of the accident. If not for them, the chances of Chi making to the hospital alive would have been poor.

Please, keep your prayers, thoughts, and love coming!

Yeah, this was an old update. Still good though!  :)

wither-I

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

"coming into the nearness of distance"

wither-I

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Penicks on Feb 07, 2009, 04:34 PM
Is this for real? Because 2 days ago he was still in a coma.

You are the dumbest mother fucker on this forum. Wow you're retarded. Chi is making more sense than you right now.

Hell_Tanner

Don't mix up old and "new" news. Check this page:  www.myspace.com/headupchi  it's the only page reporting the info for the moment but they seem pretty reliable (apparently in contact with Chi's family) and I'm sure there'll be an update to confirm this on Deftones' blog or myspace.

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: Sugartolove on Feb 07, 2009, 06:30 PM

Ohh your right my bad anyways atleast Chi is doing better, ignore my stupidence ;)

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: M1GHTY M4VS on Feb 07, 2009, 06:44 PM
Quote from: Sugartolove on Feb 07, 2009, 06:30 PM

...ignore my stupidence ;)

Done. Is that a real word?

White Pwny

I like it... so it should be. 
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

13hourstoparadise

I'm going to start making T-shirts that say 'I'm with stupidence'.

< - Billionaire

White Pwny

I am not trying to hijack this thread.. but making up words fucking rocks.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

wither-I

pissedandpierced

"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

DEFCAY

holy shit!!! amazing newss =:::)!!!!