Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

letters for chi/ fundraiser/ update and prayers

Started by jv_, Nov 04, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Wrist

mono

White Pwny

hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Infector

PinkMagetRX

New Blog.

Happy New Year everyone!! 2009 looks to be a busy year for us. So ready for it. Sure you are to. The past year and a half has had it ups and downs. And just want to thank all the family and friends that have been there for all of em. As always keep the positivity, well wishes, prayers, etc. for Chi coming. It definitely helps. Looking forward to reconvening with my band mates next week at the Spot! The Midnight Queen is calling...

Frank

Go get your knife

White Pwny

Whaaaa?!  With the band mates at the Spot?!    Things that make ya go hmmmmmm.     Sounds promising.  But no real update on Chi!!!   =o(
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Sugartolove

What does it all mean!? lol Anyway, sounds good.
But what about Chi....!? I really want to know how he is doing....  ???

Hidalgo

the spot huh.... making new music maybe?

defTHE1s

but chi is with them? It seems to be that he's ready for the jam! I hope this then!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Hidalgo

Chi with them? i dont see where he said that. Chi's in a coma still

Hidalgo

Quote from: White Pwny on Jan 14, 2009, 11:54 PM
Sounds promising.  But no real update on Chi!!!   =o(
i know, i want a good update, what Docters are doing to try & wake him up, & i really wanna know what happened, what caused the wreck, etc

Jacob

still, in their recent blog entries both Chino and Frank seem happy and motivated, so I take that as a good sign and that they're sure Chi will be up and rocking soon.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

mr.sinister

Wasn't Chi sedated so he could stay in a coma longer?

Hidalgo

Quote from: mr.sinister on Jan 15, 2009, 11:18 PM
Wasn't Chi sedated so he could stay in a coma longer?
i never heard that

Hell_Tanner

Timmy666

Yes he WAS sedated for him to heal.

snw9

I read the doctor induced the coma so that he can rest and heal.
Code: [Select]

Grandulon

Didn't Abe say in an update that Chi was angry and wanted to get out of the hospital....with reading that I thought he was awake.

Ever since I heard what happened he's been in my thoughts...u'd never expect a band like Deftones with pretty much the original line up for like 15 yrs, for something like this to happen.    While we have fags like Kevin Rudolph and Lil Wayne being considered "Rockstars".   Why must all happen to the artists with Actual Talent??  Why can't some fuckers like Thriving Ivory have a tragedy.   Though I don't wish anything bad towards anyone (whodoesntdeservit)  BUT SHIT...It's only the good ones that get fukt.

Well I hope for a tremendous recovery..and may he be back with the boys on stage tearin shit up and release one of the baddest lp's they've made.

aj

Quote from: Hell_Tanner on Jan 16, 2009, 04:42 AM
That's totally unlikely.

far from it.
Quote from: juvenile on Jan 16, 2009, 07:39 AM
I read the doctor induced the coma so that he can rest and heal.

I read that too. In fact, most people in this thread probably read that.

My two pennies worth:

I am just plain confused. On the one hand, being in a coma for 2 and a half months is worrying. The lack of any meaningful updates even more so. But on the other hand, Frank's message brings a ray of light to this sad story. Because clearly the band is planning on forging ahead with a release schedule for the new album. And there is no way that they would be doing this if Chi wasn't going to be ok.

Although Chi's health is a private matter between his family and friends, I do feel that the lack of information about his condition is pretty unfair on the fanbase. Keeping us in the dark like this for over a month now is just not acceptable.

13hourstoparadise

I agree, keeping us in the dark sucks.

To be honest, I love the 'tones, and I don't think they would be who they are without Chi. I can't wait for Eros, but when Chi (if) comes out of the coma and can't play I would rather him be alive than to never hear new deftones... I wish I never had to speak or write that last sentence.