Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

letters for chi/ fundraiser/ update and prayers

Started by jv_, Nov 04, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hell_Tanner

At least that will putt those "He's been awake, but they didn't tell cos'..." blabla rumors to rest, that's wishful thinking and it's understandable but we got to face the facts and be realistic, Chi is still in a coma and he still needs our help and prayers.

13hourstoparadise

Can someone please copy and paste the quote from Chino then!!!?

I'm friends with his g/f Risa and Chino has no myspace page. Please prove me wrong.

lotion

If it's really that important to you, I will forward you the message if you have a myspace.

I don't know why I need to prove myself really to be honest, it was a reply to a personal message about Chi that I sent to him so you won't even grasp what his response is anyway..

333tone

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 02, 2009, 04:31 AM
Chino has no myspace page. Please prove me wrong.
I think that Chino's username is ~MASTERMIND~. He's on the top friends list of Deftones and Team Sleep

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

defTHE1s

Quote from: lotion on Feb 02, 2009, 10:21 AM
If it's really that important to you, I will forward you the message if you have a myspace.

I don't know why I need to prove myself really to be honest, it was a reply to a personal message about Chi that I sent to him so you won't even grasp what his response is anyway..
why you deleted your SL account?

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: lotion on Feb 02, 2009, 10:21 AM

I just want to read the quote... That's all. I'm not saying you're a lair.

dictatesofreason

ToneDef

I'm a lair. Sharks with lazers and all that shit.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Feb 03, 2009, 05:07 PM
dnt ya mean liar

Don't you mean "don't", and ya - "you". Kind of stupid to point out a typo when... Ah, nevermind.

theis

With the announcement of our appearance on Bamboozle, we felt like its time to address some things.

First, Chi.
Our fallen comrade has not made significant progress as of late, but continues to fight on from his accident.  Doctors are working feverishly to return our brother to us, and we continue to hold out hope and faith that Chi returns to the life he has waiting for him and can join us on stage once again.

For everyone that knows Chi, knows that he never wanted down time.  Chialways wanted to keep working and never slow down, which is why we feel confident in returning to the stage at Bamboozle in April.  Chi would want it, and we want to make sure we're keeping his legacy alive.

Back in 1999, Chi had to leave the band for a brief moment and our closefriend Sergio Vega filled in to keep the train moving.  10 years later, Sergio is going to step in once again while Chi is down.  Sergio is family to us, and had received Chi's blessing before, so without a doubt we know that if Chi could tell us now, he would give us his blessing again.

In the meantime, we continue work on our record, and as for Bamboozle, we felt like we needed to poke our heads up for a quick breath before we buckle down and get this record finished... So we'll see you all in Irvine.

-Deftones

Jacob

thank god for some kind of update. while it's not necessarily good news regarding Chi, I'm glad they keep going and try to get the record done. who knows, maybe they need to keep playing to get their minds off of this shit...
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

13hourstoparadise

Well, at least I will get to see most of the 'tones again. I still wish he would WAKE UP!

defTHE1s

yeah, maybe if they keep busy, time will pass fast and when they least expect it, Chi will be with them all healthy!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

TheWatcher

i got a feeling chi going awake up before this show

mono

fuck, at least an update!....well, chi is strong, come on!

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: AZDEFTONESFAN on Dec 20, 2008, 06:20 AM
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Nov 22, 2008, 05:40 PM
A sandwich walks into a bar, the bartender says, "get out! We don't serve food here!"

A termite walks into a bar, looks at the guy behind the counter and says "Is the bar tender here?"

Hahah, funny.

Hell_Tanner

Goddam!!! Cheer up guys and gals! Chi is coming back!!!

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Chi Cheng Update

We just want to let all of you know that your thoughts and prayers are being heard!
We would like to give all you well wishers some great news

Chi is moving his hands and feet and lifting his legs.  Also his trac-tube has come out today! Hopefully he will start talking very soon!  We have also been told that he has even tried to get out of his chair. (He's a fighter!), this card will be one of the first things that he will be shown to him when he wakes up all the way.....

So, Keep those good thoughts, prayers and well wishes coming.

(All of your Positive Energy helps.)

Heads-up would like to say thank you for all your comments and support! ....

We would like to say a special thank-you to the Cheng family for sharing this wonderful news

Penicks

Is this for real? Because 2 days ago he was still in a coma.